Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Cave on the Sea

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Katherine watched them then tossed the gem up into the air, then catching it. The dimonds in her ears sparkled. The corset armor clinked as she shifted her posistion.
"Aye, that's because I am." Katherine inspected Shard with her missmatched eyes. Then she answerd shards question. "No, I do not know them. Your lucky I showed up when I did."
She turned to Lyssa, "adventure does not apear to be your forté miss, you look like your about to die of cold.."
She tucked the map and gems into the pouch around her waist. "Let's get out of here shall we?"
She motioned to the hole in the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm

The first time Katherine opened up her mouth, Lyssa decides something: she doesn't like her. She didn't hate her, she was more afraid of her. She stares at her, fear glistening in her eyes. Even though she appeared to want to help, Lyssa didn't trust her. She then looks up at the hole in the ceiling.

'H...how are we going to be able to g...get up there? T...the ceiling is at l...least fi...fifteen feet up.' Lyssa asks the girl, shivering. Now let them see how smart and friendly she really was.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Katherines smile was slowly spreading across her face. She had the air of a pleased child. She looked up exsamining the Katherine shaped hole. "It looks a bit small for a polar bear don' cha' think?"
Katherine had a look of consentration cross her face, then with her left foot she took a step. When she did this she was litteraly walking on air. She kept climbing the air untill she was high enough to pull herself through the hole. Then a few moments later she broke some of the ice so the hole was big enough for Ursa to fit through. Walking to metias she pulled a thick rope out of the saddle bags and tied it around the saddle horn. Then she chucked the rope down the hole.
"Tie your selves and metias and I will pull you up." She called down.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:53 pm

'I....I can get up j....just fine.' Lyssa grumbles. She didn't like this girl, she just seemed like trouble. Lyssa decides to already go ahead and drain some of her power. She concentrates on the air around her and makes it become a hard surface. She then uses he hardened air to rise her up from the floor to the hole in the ceiling. Once up on to, Lyssa smirks at Katherine.

'I'm no...not as pi...pitiful as I look.' Lyssa tells Katherine.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:39 am

"Look, as fun as this stair-making contest might be, I think I'll just use the rope," Shard called up.

Shard wasn't exactly one for theatrics, but as she tied Katherine's rope under her arms, she realized that it couldn't lift up Ursa unless she went through the trouble of tying a harness for her. On top of that, Shard was somewhat doubtful that Katherine had brought an even bigger beast that would be able to lift Ursa's weight.

Shard sighed, thinking, Looks like I've been roped into the competition after all.

Shard untied the rope and gestured for Ursa to move below the hole in the ceiling. Once the bear was in place, Shard moved her arms slightly out to her sides, palms facing the ground. She closed her eyes and commanded ice to form below her. Mist rose from the floor, and soon enough Shard and her companion were standing on a crackling platform of ice. The platform increased in height, until it reached about three-quarters of the way to the ceiling. At that point, Shard dropped to one knee from exhaustion.

Wow, that's a lot of ice. And so soon after I passed out.

Shard pushed herself to her feet, and looked above to where the others were standing. "I'm fine!" she shouted, "Just checking out the view."

That wasn't entirely a lie, as it turned out. Down below, Shard noticed that something was missing from the stone table. The map. It seemed that the newcomer had sticky fingers. Shard put it out of her mind for the moment to concentrate on reaching the rest of the group. She resumed her former position and continued to form ice below herself until she and Ursa were through the hole.

Shard stepped off of the platform, and walked up to Katherine. She asked, "So, where's the map?"

Last edited by Wrathanet on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed akward wording)
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Katherine pulled up the rope and untied it from Metais. First, she Tucked it into a saddle bag then fished out a dry pair of pants and shirt. She tossed them to lyssa.
"I never said that," she told lyssa reprochfully. "Here you can borrow those, I apologise if they are a bit big."
Katherine was indeed tall for her age and still growing. She pulled her cloak over her armor, shivering slightly.
"An' don't worry bout the map. I've got it."
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Lyssa throws the clothes back at Katherine. She didn't need any help....with anything.

"I'm fine." Lyssa growls at her. She had a little tree fort near where the group was, so she would probably just swing by there and grab some clean clothes and armor. She then just starts making her way through the tunnels, not waiting for the three.

OOC: Sorry for the super-short post.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Shard ran after Lyssa and attempted to calm her down. "Okay, I understand that we don't know her, but she's been honest with us so far. She found us passed out on the ground, and we're still alive and well. She even offered to get us out of the hole we trapped in!" Shard exclaimed.

Not that we accepted it or anything.

Before Lyssa could respond, Shard returned to where Katherine was standing. Shard began, "Anyway, glad to meet you. I'm Shard. Now, let's get out of this cave." Shard started to walk after Lyssa, before turning back and adding, "So...I can see why you'd be interested in maps, being a pirate and all. Is there anything special about this one, besides the fact that it's been sitting in a cave for who knows how long, guarded by traps and ghosts?"
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Katherine fround at Lyssa's back. The girl seemed frusterated by Katherines presents.
"Did I do something or is she just naturaly like that?" Katherine asked arching a thin eyebrow watching the girls retreating figure. Out of habit she twisted the dimond stud in her left ear. "The names Katherine SparrowHeart but most people yell Sparrow to get my attention. "
She mounted Metias and offered a hand to Shard so they could keep coversing comfortably.
"I did find these how ever." She pulled the red and green gems out of her pouch. A thrill of tingling power went up her arm. She would hand them to her after she mounted.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 am

OOC: What about the map? Katherine kind of ignored Shard's question.

Last edited by Wrathanet on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarified what I was asking)
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:07 pm

wolf_knight wrote:
"An' don't worry bout the map. I've got it."
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:23 pm

OOC: Sorry that I was unclear. I meant Shard's question of if Katherine knew what the map was/where it led.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:46 pm

As Lyssa walks ahead he the others, she had to be extra careful not to step on any traps. This place was loaded with them. Tripwires, pressure plates, switches, you name it. As Lyssa jumps over a wire, she sees a ghastly blue glow illuminating a bend in the tunnel ahead. She slowly creeps up and swings her head around the corner. More of them. Lyssa quickly retreats her head. She didn't want to get spotted. She turns around and starts running off to Shard and Katherine, making sure to keep her footsteps light and to watch out for traps.

'W...we have m...more co...company.' she says, trying to hide the fear that came naturally to her. She didn't want to be afraid, she just was. She didn't want to appear fearful though, so she plasters an emotionless expression across her face.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Shard reached out her hand to grab Sparrow's, but turned her attention to Lyssa when she heard her running as fast as she could down the hallway without setting off any traps. Shard unsheathed her dagger and crept down the hallway to see the threat for herself. There they were, more forms of blue vapor with swords on their belts and a cold glow in their eyes. They paced restlessly along the hallway, which was engulfed in shadow except for the glow coming from their own bodies. There were no crystal torches to speak of.

Shard did her best to shout to the rest of the party without alerting the phantoms up ahead. "Lyssa was right, the tunnel up ahead is filled with ghosts. I can't see anything in the hallway that could be holding the curse that binds them here, so it looks like we're going to have to run for it. Ursa doesn't like it, but I can ride on her. Sparrow, Lyssa, can you two get along for long enough to ride out of this cave on the same horse?"
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:17 pm

'G...get on a h...horse?' Lyssa shivers. She was pretty darn afraid of horses, well actually any animal that was larger than her. She looks up at Katherine. Lyssa knew what she had to do. If she wanted to live she would have to get help. Sighing to herself, she walks over to the horse.

'N...nice ho..horse.' Lyssa whispers, shaking more out of fear than anything. She looks up to the horse's face. It looked like a normal horse, no signs of aggresion towards her. Calming herself down mentally, she climbs up onto the horse.

'C..can we j..just do this q...qu..quickly?' Lyssa asks the two. She was really starting to feel cold and numb, and all she wanted was to get dry clothes of her own on.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Katherine pulled Lyssa onto the Metais back. The horse was massive, black, and not to metion trained for war. Katherine tied her pouch shut. She reached for her bow and knocked an arrow.
"Hang on," She told Lyssa. "What do you know about these creatures?" She asked tightening the bracers on her arms to prevent them from slipping. Her eyes narrowed as she took in their movements and she bit her lip thinking rappidly. The gems and Map were instantly shoved to the back of her mind as she loosened her sword in her shieth.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:35 pm

"Absolutely nothing." Lyssa admits to the girl, much to her dislike. She wanted to appear to be a tough and harsh, but she just wasn't cut out for it. She needed to face the fact: she was weak; she was timid; she could not do this on her own. She tries to dodge thinking that in her mind, but it just kept moving forward in her thoughts. A troubled looks spreads across her face as she thinks this, but she does her best to contain it in her words.

"I would help, but my bow is snapped." Lyssa tells Katherine sadly. Maybe thinking about how she would repair her bow would get her mind off of her troubles.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Shard put her hand on her companion, stroking her to calm her down before she grabbed a fistful of coarse fur. She scaled onto Ursa's back, and the polar bear huffed as she swung her leg around and sat on top of her.

Shard turned her attention to Lyssa and Katherine. "The last time I fought these ghosts, normal attacks didn't stop them. They just vaporized and reformed a few seconds later. There's some sort of curse binding them here, but I didn't see anything unusual along the hallway that could be the source of the spell. If one gets near you, do your best to kill it, but whatever you do, don't stop. They might be ghosts, but their swords are real enough."

Shard leaned foreward until she was lying flat on Ursa's back. She grabbed hold of the bear as if her life depended on it. Well, actually, it probably did.

"You both ready?" Shard shouted, "GO!"

Ursa took off, front and back legs alternating, shoving her bulk foreward. To say the least, riding her was jarring, Shard bouncing up and down with every stride. The first wave of ghosts were just able to turn their heads and draw their swords before they were ridden down by an enormous beast.

Running won't be this easy for long. There's definately more traps up ahead, and if we see any more ghosts, they'll be ready for us. I just hope we don't run into a dead end.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:28 am

Katherine right before Shard said 'Go' passed her bow and quiver to Lyssa. They would need everybody fighting if they were to live passed this. The ghost like beings seemed to sway with each movement. A ripple on on the water... almost.
"Yah," Katherine kicked Metias in the ribs. He jumped forward and if one of the ghosts jumped out at him he would preform a spinning movement kicking the ghost strait through the head. Then they would dissolve and reform but Metias left them in the dust.
All at once, Katherine yelled as a ghost came out of no were wrapping its transparent fingers around her leg. She felt like it had been doused in ice water. She was yanked from her saddle and sent flying.
Manipulating the air current she halted midflight and landed on her feet. The ghost was upon her!
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:07 am

Before Lyssa knew what was happening, she had a bow in her hands and was on the horse by herself. Luckily, the horse had stopped when Katherine fell off of him. Quickly, Lyssa notches an arrow and takes careful aim. She sends the arrow soaring through the ghost's head, dissolving it for a little while.

"Come on! We don't have any time!" Lyssa yells at Katherine.

OOC: Sorry for the short post. I have a bad case of rp block.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Shard heard Metias snort in protest as Katherine was dragged off of her saddle. By the time Shard was able to turn around, the ghosts had already began to attack Katherine. She tried to stop Ursa, but before the bear could slow her charge, Shard noticed the faint twing of a highly-tensioned tripwire being snapped.

Who in the world would put down this many traps just to guard some dusty map? Shard wondered, What could it be this time?

As if to answer her question, columns of flame burst to life along the walls ahead. Shard was so startled that she almost jumped off of Ursa. Above all else, fire was her greatest fear. But it wasn't the flames that she should have been worring about, so much as what they were consuming. With a low groan, one of the pillars of fire split in half, the top falling to the ground. The trap had ignited the wooden supports holding up the icy ceiling of the tunnel ahead.

The glacier above her began to crackle like falling sleet, and Shard desperately shouted back, "We need to go! The roof is going to collapse!"

I don't know which will be worse, riding through those flames or being trapped here under a cave-in.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Lyssa turns to face the flames. She knew what she had to do. She would do it if it cost her her own life. She puts her hands on her head and focuses on the two other girls and their companions. 'Go!' she cries out as she uses her powers to thrust the four others through the rest of the cave. Good thing they were extremely close to the exit.

You idiot, are you going to give up your own life to save four Lyssa argues in her mind.

'Yes, I will!' Lyssa yells out as she gives the four others a final push that threw them back onto the beach. She lets out a scream of pain, then falls to the ground.

First came the walls, then the ceiling. Lyssa did her best to keep a protective shield of energy around her, but she had completely drained herself of power. With one last final cry of pain, she wills herself to rise ro her feet. One last time, that is all she needed. One more time to use her powers. She decides to take the chance, and focuses on herself. Her body begins to float, and she launches herself through the air and out of the tunnel. She lands on a hard layer of ice on the ground, unconcious.

Last edited by Supernova on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Katherine let loose a wild snarl as metal bit deep into flesh due to strange shoving sensation. Her right arm went limp. A wild wind responded tearing through the
tunnels knocking ghosts off course Those who broke their swords flickered out and died. The flames sputtered out like a candle. Katherine picked p her sword in her left hand and swung it with so much ferocity the ghost's sword shattered.
"BREAK THE SWORDS!" Katherine bellowed fighting her way over to Lyssa. She shiethed her sword and swung her over her shoulder. Then dumped her o top of metias. Her face drained of all color, with the effort. The freckles on the bridge of her nose stood out vividly against her pale skin. Successfully rescuing lyssa katherine hurried towards the exist.
OOC_ sorry it took me so long to respond. My tabled died andd I was out of town.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 am

A shockwave echoed down the cavern, and suddenly Shard and Ursa were in the air, tumbling end over end. Shard was flung off of Ursa's back, and blood was rushing to her head. All she could register was that, for some reason, it was getting brighter. That, and the roar of a glacier caving in on the tunnel behind them. Shard's back hit the slick, icy floor, and for a few moments she skidded towards the exit of the yawning cavern.

Lyssa...Sparrow...are they okay? Did one of them push us out of the tunnel?

Shard struggled to gain her balance as she stood up, still dizzy from the spinning. Ursa was doing much the same. Suddenly, Metias was thundering past her, with Katherine on top shouting to break the swords of the ghosts. Then, she looked behind her. The tunnel was still caving in, but that wasn't their only concern. A crowd of ghosts was right behind them, almost gliding as they stayed just in front of the rubble falling down from the ceiling. Shard sprinted towards the end of the cavern. Her companion followed closely behind. At the end were Metias and Sparrow, with Lyssa dumped on the horse's back.

Shard stopped to catch her breath, before drawing her dagger and turning to face the ghosts that continued to chase them. "I hope you know how to use all of those swords," she quipped to Katherine.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Katherine backed Metias up. Her thoughts racing. This was a situation were she could only do one thing... incredbly mad the idea was.
She moved forward to stand infront of the group. She dismounted and handed the reins to shard.
"Run," she said in a deadly voice. She raised her good arm towards the ghosts and brought it down in a violent slashing motion. The air shreeked and howled. A visable sheet o air colided with the ghosts. The people behind her were safe... the ghosts not so much. All of the ghosts swords shattered upon contact. Then she turned and. Sprinted towards the exsit with the last of her energy. Once a safe distance out Katherine let herself colapse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Cave on the Sea
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next