Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nova's Characters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Name: Christian Novus

Eye Color: Christian has brown eyes.

Hair: Christian has black hair that is down to his shoulders.

Skin Color: Christian is Caucasian.

Height: Christian is 6'1

Physical Description: Christian is very slim, yet he is muscular. He is one of those people who are strong but it doesn't show. He has brown eyes of such intense color that they may seem to be black at times. His hair is black, but it shines with a gray tone. His skin is a bright shade of white, having no tan whatsoever. He is fairly tall. From a glance, he appears to be a person not to mess with at all.

Personality: Christian has more of a dark personality. He keeps to himself most of the time. He can act hostile around people he has never been acquainted with. Even in a good mood he appears to be angry. He always has this plain expression written across his face that shows how emotionless he is. He never shows his emotions, for he has learned how to conceal them inside of himself over the years. He actually acts quite relaxed and peaceful around people he calls his friends.

Type of Creature: Christian is one hundred percent Elf.

Mother: Airelia Catelli

Father: Sarinus Novus

Realm of Origin: Christian is from Lapidem

Animal Companion(Optional): Christian has a Black Falcon that he calls Starlight.

Talents: Christian is an exceptional free-runner; He is good at manipulating people into believing them at what he wants them to; He is also a good swordsman.

Weapon*:
Christian's sword, Dawnstriker, is made out of steel. The blade is three feet long while the handle is around a foot.

Flaws**: (I know it is a short description, but I suck at making flaws )
He has a hard time trusting people, he always has this nagging voice in his head that basically says 'They are gojng to lie to you if you trust them.'; He speaks his opinion at the wrong times, which often gets him into trouble; He has patience issues. He needs everything right at the minute he asks for it. He has a fear that he will meet a challenge that he will not be able to overcome. He is afraid of failing.

Backstory***: Until Christian was six, he was the spotlight of his parents. One day though, his mother gave birth to another child. Excited to be an older brother, Christian would often try to play with the baby. It never ended up happening though; he would always just get yelled at. Soon, his parents seemed to have forgotten about him and only focused on their baby. At the age of ten, Christian couldn't take it anymore. He escaped from his house in the middle of the night without a sound. Living in the woods changed Christian. Over time he became more muscular, but used his strength for the wrong reasons. The only way Christian got money was throught his job. What did he do? He was an assassin. He was always quick and light on his toes. Add that to his strength, and you have a grade A assassin. He was always a bit messed up in the head though. He actually enjoyed making his targets face slow and cruel deaths. He was always like that as a child, but instead of humans, he used animals such as frogs and chipmunks. Christian loved his job. It gave him all he needed: food, a place to stay, enjoyment, and even clothing. He got a one-of-a-kind outfit as a reward for killing a major person in Elven society. Soon though, Christian didn't want to work for anyone, he wanted to be his own boss. He left his job, only to find himself homeless and broke. For two years he lived on the streets begging. One day though, he was offered a lead. Someone had heard about his skills, and wanted to put them to the test. Desperately wanting to appease the man he was hired by so he could get some coin, Christian pulled off a clean assassination. He was given enough money to last him two whole years. Using a bit of that money, he built a shack in the woods, and lives there now. Now, Christian is what you would call a bounty hunter. He works for anyone, as long as he is paid. What a life....

Roleplay Example***:
Christian walks down the dimly lit street. Sighing, he pulls out a small sheet of paper. On it was a picture of a woman, then some informatiom printed at the bottom. He studies the picture for a minute, absorbing the facts about this woman. Her house was near, so this wouldn't be too hard of a job. Probably, it would be really easy. Women never seemed to fight back, they just cowered....until he sliced their heads off. Ah...sweet memories. He unconciously clutches the piece of paper, crumpling it. Noticing what he has done, he just shoves it back in his pocket. No need for anything to be perfectly neat. All of the sudden he hears heavy footsteps from behind approaching him.

Christian whips around to see who was behind him. It was a brute of a man. Maybe six foot five. His muscles had to be the circumference of Christian's head. Christian wasn't intimidated at all though. He had fought worse. To be honest, he wasn't even sure if this man was to fight him. Once the man reaches Christian, he stares at him.
'You the one called Novus?' The man asks him in a gruff voice.
'Uh...yes sir.' Christian replies to him, but instantly regrets it. He should have said no. This man could be a possible enemy. Hoepfully he wasn't though.
'I have some matters to discuss. The name is Ciero.' The man tells Christian.
'How can I be of assistance?' Christian asks Ciero.
'There is a certain man by the name of Pintiaus. I need you to eliminate his sorry *ss off of the earth.'
'An assassination? That's gonna cost you.' Christian replies, an evil grin spread across his face. He was always in it for money, and well....because what was better than hearing a grown man cry in fear and pain?
'Two hundred.' Ciero answers. 'You will most likely find him at 'Red Wood', a bar not so far from here. He is a short and stocky man. He has brown shaggy hair that is fairly short and a small beard. That is enough info. I must go now. Meet me back here once the job is finished.' Ciero fills Christian in, then turns his back on him and starts to walk away.
'Wait.' Christian called, reaching out his hand.
Ciero stops walking and stands there, not bothering to turn and face the assassin. 'Yes?' he says in his deep voice.
'You are a man of great strength, why did you hire me?' Christian asks, a bit perplexed.
'Because I don't want anyone's blood on my hands.' Ciero grumbles, then walks away, slowly fading until he was out of view.
'Well then. Time to have some more fun.' Christian says, smiling to himself. After making sure the man didn't somehow pickpocket him, he starts walking off into the general direction of the bar. This was going to be a hell lotta fun.....

This was hastily made, so it is pretty short. Also, I'm sorry if there are some punctuation errors.

Last edited by Static on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:18 pm

You say that he is of Elvin origin. Are one or both of his parents Elf or is he simply related, however distantly, to an Elf? If so, on which side of his family does the blood come from?
Ah, trust issues? Since absolutes are, well, absolute, I recommend you to change it so that he has great difficulty trusting people. Is there anything specific in his past that caused him not to trust? If so, please include that in your description of his flaws.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Ok, so I fixed up the flaws and his race.

I mainly said 'Of Elven origin' to sound fancy. xD
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Does he have any fears?
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 pm

I was planning as having him being the fearless and heartless assassin, but if you want me to give him some, I can.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:44 pm

He can still be cold and twisted and cruel, but he should have at least one fear.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Added a fear. He is afraid of failing at anything he does.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Awesome sauce.
Approved.

Happy Roleplaying!
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Lyssa......   Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:49 am

Name: Lyssa Tektra

Eye Color: Lyssa has green eyes.

Skin Color: Lyssa has a lightly tanned Caucasian skin tone.

Hair: Lyssa has black hair that hangs down to her shoulders.

Height: Lyssa is 5'6.

Physical Description: Lyssa is of a slimmer build, but she is strong to an extent. She is smaller than a normal teenage female also. She has piercing green eyes, and straight black hair that she always has positioned over her right eye. Her hair sometimes appears to be blue under the correct lighting. Her skin is usually a bit tanned. Being a bit smaller than normal, she is always trying to do whatever she can to make herself appear a little bit bigger, such as training to make her more muscular.

Personality: Lyssa is generally in a good mood. She is generally extremely hyper and is hard to shut up once she starts talking. She is slow to anger, which is good since she used to get bullied a lot as a child. All of the bullying has left her in a permanent timid state of mind though. If she is scared of something, she will act as if it is nothing. She will face whatever is scaring her as an attempt to conquer the fear. When around people she knows she is safe to be around, Lyssa is her normal hyperactive self.

Mortal Parent: Lyssa's father was a hunter in the the realm of Paludem. He was a hardworking man who believed that punishment was the only way to teach a child how to be tough. He would often abuse Lyssa for being hyper, which she can't help.

Legacy of: Lyssa is the daughter of a Spirit Elemental.

Realm of Origin: Lyssa is from the realm of Lapidem, but was moved to Paludem when she was just a child.

Talents: Lyssa is exceptionally good at archery and any other art of projectiles. She is a fast runner and always light on her toes.

Weapon:
Lyssa has a composite bow made out of Maple wood. (Sorry I don't have a picture yet)

Flaws**: Lyssa is always hyper and has not learned how to control her tongue. She speaks what she thinks, which often gets her into trouble. She can never sit still and always has to be on the move. She becomes hostile when forced to be still. Something about it she just hates. She can be very shy and hides from pretty much anyone she does not know personally.

Powers: Lyssa has the power of telekinesis

Backstory***:
Lyssa was born in the snowy realm of Lapidem. Her mother left her when she was only one year of age. The harsh weather there was always a bear for her and her father. Her father hated the cold and was always talking about moving down to a more southern realm. Lyssa liked the snow though, but her father didn't care. Much to her dislike, she was forced to to move with her father to the warmer realm of Paludem. He relocated them to a secluded area right off of the edge of a large swampy area. Her father never let her outside; he said it was too dangerous for a girl. He always talked about he wanted a boy instead of a girl. Lyssa was often beaten to made tougher. Her father thought that she would one day harden and help out as if she was a boy. He wanted help with hunting, but when she was younger, Lyssa was to weak to draw back a bow, let alone throw a spear. Her father often forced her to carry large logs and rocks around her house so she would gain muscle. Her father didn't go by how strong someone was, he went by how large the person's muscles were. Lyssa got stronger, but it didn't show. Her father did love her though, and he told her that many a time. He just didn't like how she was a girl and hyper all the time. He just couldn't deal with it. Whenever Lyssa was extremely hyper, he would put her in her room and jam the door with a chair so she couldn't open it. Lyssa had a window in her room though. She would often sneak out through it and roam the swamps around her house. One day she found a nice curved stick that really stuck out to her. She took it home with her and showed it to her father. She told him she wanted a bow of her own. After inspecting it for a minute, her father told her that he could try to make one fot her, but no guarantees. It only took him about an hour to sand the stick and put a string on it. It was the perfect size for Lyssa. Her father carved her ten arrows out of bones from animals he hunted. She practiced with her bow from sunrise to sunset. It gave her something to do, and she liked using it. Day after day she trained, and somedays she managed to bring home a chipmunk or some other small animal for her father. Her father was delighted that Lyssa enjoyed hunting, and when she was thirteen he gave her a bow that he started on the day she first showed interest in archery. She gladly accepted it and used it whenever she could. It took her a while to adjust to how much harder it was to draw the string back, but after a while she got strong enough to be able to. At the age of fourteen Lyssa's father met another woman. To her, the woman was a stuck up b**ch, but her father seemed to be interested in the woman. They got married after only six months of knowing eachother. Enraged, Lyssa became anger filled at her father. She gave up her bow hunting and often secluded herself in her room. After getting into an argument with her new step-mother, Lyssa snapped. She couldn't take it anymore. She ran up to her room, collected her little posessions and ran off into the wild without even a goodbye. She soon found refuge in the outdoors and considered it her only friend. Sometimes she even traveled back to Lapidem, it filled her with happiness. She loved the cold and that was all Lapidem was, cold. She has a little tree hut in a marsh in Paludem, but roams freely around the two realms. She one day wants to travel to Scopulous and Sylvia.

Roleplay Example***:
Lyssa decided to take a break at a large Willow tree that overlooked a large pond. It might be a lake, but Lyssa didn't know how to distinguish the two. She slings her bow over her back. Whenever she was walking around she kept it in her hand with an arrow notched, just in case. You never know what will happen in the forest. Lyssa scans the tree from top to bottom, searching for any branches she could climb. She couldn't remember if the branches of a Willow tree were strong or weak, so she chose a route with only thick branches. Smiling to herself, she starts her ascent up the tree. She reaches the top with no difficulty. She puts a hand over her face to block out the sun and stares across the lake. The view from the top of the tree was breathtaking, and for once, Lyssa just sits there in awe of the view.

Any notes about your characters:

Last edited by Supernova on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Compound bows are extremely modernized, please chose an older form of the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:29 am

Ok, I edited it to be a nornal bow.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:53 am

If you wish, you can use a more specific type of bow... there are recurve, flat, long, and short...i am sure there are others...have fun find something you like!
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:54 am

Yeah, I thought I made it a long bow, but I guess not. I changed it to a composite bow.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:27 am

Okay. Approved.

Happy Roleplaying!
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Espio (Done)   Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 am

Name:
Espio Allisius Shademist
Eye Color:
Espio has intense blue eyes.
Hair:
Espio has straight, brown hair that almost touches his chin.
Skin Color:
Espio's skin is a dark shade of Caucasian.
Height:
Espio is five feet and ten inches tall.
Physical Description:
Espio has bright blue eyes that stand out and straight brown hair. He is on the taller side, and is muscular. He has a jagged scar that runs from his nose to eyebrow and covers his left eye. He has a steel stud in his right ear and always wears a golden necklace that his mother gave him before she passed away. He is lightly freckled and usually has a cheerful expression on his face.

Espio has a suit of armor that he is usually clothed in. The underbase of it is black leather. His chest is covered in chainmail then covered in thin sheet of black leather. Over the second casing of leather is a white piece of cloth that has the same consistency of kevlar. On top of all of it are two blue and white metal shoulder spaulders.
It is the same build for Espio's legs too.

Personality:
Espio is usually cheerful and nice to everyone he meets. He does have a bad temper at times, but hates being angry. He always tries to have a positive outlook to help control his anger that is always inside of him. So basically his niceness is a mask. He is lonely, broken and angry on the inside, but conceals it.
Type of Creature:
Espio is a human.

Archtype:
Espio is attempting his hand at magic and so far only knows two spells. (Look under powers)

Parentage:
Mother:
Espio's mother is a human named Carissa. (Deceased)

Father:
Espio's father is a human who is also a mage by the name of Marelinthor.

Realm of Origin:
Espio is from the realm of Lapidem

Animal Companion(Optional):
Espio has a Snow Wolf named Alsius.
Talents:
Espio is a swift runner, has a high endurance level, and is a good swordsman.
Weapon*:
Espio doesn't have a weapon, he uses spells instead.
Flaws**:
Espio is angered easily; depressed; reckless; is afraid of heights, and lies often.
Powers:
Espio knows two spells.
Bound sword:
This spell creates an etheral two-handed sword that has the same characteristics as a normal greatsword.
Reanimate corpse:
This spell summons a dead spirit from the void to aid Espio in battle. The spirit lasts for only a minute though before it disspates into thin air.
Fireball:
This spell is pretty much self explanatory besides the fact that it is the size of a tennis ball and can cause second degree burns.
Become etheral:
Again, pretty self explanatory. He cannot harm or be harmed in this state and it lasts for a minute.
Backstory:
Ever since he was a child, Espio was fascinated in his father's use of magic. It intrigued him for some reason. He seemed drawn to magic as if it was made just for him. Whenever he tried his hand at it he would just fail miserably. At the age of sixteen, the boy's mother contracted an unidentified disease.

Espio loved his parents with all of his heart, so he did his best to make his sickly mother feel the best she could. He often would succeed, but then again he failed also. Whenever he failed we would become miserable. He felt as if it was his job to take care of his mother. His father often tried to comfort him, and it usually helped. Espio was easy to cheer up, it just wasn't like him to be sad or angry for long. He just learned how to conceal all his emotions and deal with it.

At the age of seventeen, Espio's mother died. Her year long fight with the disease had finally ended; the disease the winner. The boy became heavily depressed, despite his father's attempts to help. His father decided it was time to come up with something to get the teen's mind off of his deceased mother. He decided to try to teach his son the arts of magic.

After long days of training, Espio became a novice mage. He only knew one spell and that was to summon a small fireball. Once he learned the basics, magic came to the boy easily. It also helped take his mind off of his mother. This pleased his father very much. Espio often secluded himself in the wilderness around his home. His magic became stronger and stronger. The only problem was that the more spells he learned, the earlier ones wouldn't work for him. He didn't know why and neither did his father. Espio just shrugged it off and focused on the more powerful spells.

Espio left his father to live on his own at the age if twenty, three years after his mother died. Espio had since learned to conceal his anger and depression inside of him. He didn't know where he would go, he only knew that he was to train in his magic more. One day boy, now an adult, got into a fight with a thief who stole his necklace that his mother gave him before she died. Espio hunted the man down, and after a couple minutes of fighting, he came out victorious with the necklace and a nice gash across his face. He cut blinded him, but it didn't seem to bother him much. He just pressed on. Espio just roams the world, looking for a nice place to reside for his life.

Roleplay Example:
Espio stared at the target, then the arrow out in the tree behind it. Yeah, archery was not his thing. He might as well stick to magic; that and his conjurable sword. With a sigh, the young mage put the bow that was in his hands back on a rack. He would never amount to anything, he could just tell. He would always be a failure. He loved magic and he even sucked at that. Anger and pain started to build up in him. He couldn't hold it all in for any longer. He approaches a dummy and conjures up his spectral sword. With a cry of anger, he started hacking at the poor dummy.

Yeah, it is really small, but these things are a pain to make on a ipod.

Last edited by Supernova on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 pm

AAAAAAAAAAH! GREEN OVERLOAD!
{Faints}
Okay! Got that outta the way, now for the critiques! Very Happy

Does he have any fears?

You say that the spirit only lasts for a minute.... What happens to it after that minute is up? Does it go back to where it came from, does the spirit die, (Scary thought, that! O.O) or does he just lose control over it at that point?

He has studied magic since his mother died, and yet only knows two spells and you say in his backstory that his magic got stronger... What? Confused! Could you explain how that works, or just give him more powers? Very Happy

Overall, really good! Great job!
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Crap, I never fully edited it.....xD

Well now it is edited. I meant the power thing as if: The stronger and better he gets in magic, the stronger spell he can use, but for some reason he cannot use old spells. That is what I meant, but I would rather have him know more spells than two, so I added two more. I couldn't really think of a fear, so I just added the most common one: heights. (:

And yes, I like the color green. XD
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:57 am

You say that the spirit only lasts for a minute.... What happens to it after that minute is up? Does it go back to where it came from, does the spirit die, (Scary thought, that! O.O) or does he just lose control over it at that point?

How long can he maintain the fireball?
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:26 am

I answered that first question, but I shall again. The spirit just dissipates into thin air.

The fire ball lasts for thirty seconds unless it hits a target.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Sorry, didn't catch that. Embarassed
Approved.

Happy Roleplaying!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nova's Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nova's Characters    Nova's Characters  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nova's Characters
Page 1 of 1