Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescue Mission

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
Rescue Mission  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 am

"You are such a git," she tried to complain, making an attempt to salvage some of the dignity she was sure she had lost in that kiss. "Not even letting me answer... What if I said 'no'?" Hanna cocked an eyebrow at him with a faint smile dancing around her lips. She reached up and kissed his cheek. "It's a good thing you know I love you," she whispered. Her purple eyes met his. "Dante Inferno, it would be my honor to marry you."

Dante just grinned, "Well, I am very good at being a git. Just ask anybody who knows me. If you said 'No' I'd have to convince you otherwise. In case you you forget I am very good at convincing people."
His eyes danced with an emerald fire. Honestly, Dante was a stinker. But a good one. He chuckled a bit at Hanna attempting to smooth down her clothing and hair. "You alright there dear, you seem to have issues standing on your own two feet.

((You are busted muchly so. Did you have fun on your trip?))
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:42 pm

"Well, I am very good at being a git. Just ask anybody who knows me. If you said 'No' I'd have to convince you otherwise. In case you you forget I am very good at convincing people."

Hanna blushed at his last words. "I don't need to ask anyone," she replied. "You've taken care of that very well." There was no point in even attempting to deny that. He was Dante. He knew her better than she knew herself, and he knew exactly what to do to make her work for him.

"You alright there dear, you seem to have issues standing on your own two feet."

"I am not a deer," Hanna cried in mock indignation, hiding a smile. "You know very well that I'm a rabbit." She winked at him.

Holy, though. She still couldn't believe that he had just proposed to her. Not only was she probably grinning like a complete and total idiot, but there was also an anxious knot of worry within her. What would happen to them? Dante was a vampire, an immortal. While the blood of Elves flowed in her veins, she was never going to live forever like he. She would steadily age while he would remain the same until death do them apart. What kind of an effect would that have on them? Would it drive him to leave her for someone else like him, or would it chip away at her instead? She didn't know, and didn't want to know. Not now.

ooc: Ugh. The holidays... O.o

Last edited by WolfGirl on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:53 pm

"I am not a deer," Hanna cried in mock indignation. "You know very well that I'm a rabbit." She winked at him.
Dante just grinned.
"A very pink rabbit at that." He answered arching a dark eyebrow. "Now little rabbit, How did you wind up in a place like this? So far from home, with many predators about?"
He opened the door and started down the stairs. He paused briefly to wait for Hanna, "Are you hungry?"
At the thought of food Dante realized he was a starving vampire and made a mental note to go hunting tonight.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm

"A very pink rabbit at that." He answered arching a dark eyebrow.

"I'm living proof," Hanna grinned at him. "It could happen."

"Now little rabbit, How did you wind up in a place like this? So far from home, with many predators about?"

Hanna rolled her eyes at him. "Well, it's a simple story really..." She had to force herself to keep a straight face as she searched her mind for something to say. After a moment, she launched into a wild story. "I was hoppin' around, just minding my own business, when this great big thing comes walking along." She feigned a look of horror. "It turns out that this thing was called a witch, and she picked me right up and dragged me off to her cave." Her eyes widened. "And she plopped me down in that cauldron of hers and turned me into a human. I was so startled that I tipped the cauldron over and I fell out." She smirked. "She was none too pleased, but I escaped with my life in tact, not knowing that I was about to meet the most amazing guy of my life."

She was still worried, but the fear could wait. Right now, she wanted to enjoy the moment with him.

He opened the door and started down the stairs. He paused briefly to wait for Hanna, "Are you hungry?"

Hanna nodded and followed him out the door. "I suppose," she replied. "You have any place in mind?" She had only been in the town long enough to run back into Dante and had little idea of what to go looking for. Dante, to her knowledge, had been her for a day or so already. It gave her a start to realize that if she had arrived any later he might have been gone by now.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Hanna rolled her eyes at him. "Well, it's a simple story really..." She had to force herself to keep a straight face as she searched her mind for something to say. After a moment, she launched into a wild story. "I was hoppin' around, just minding my own business, when this great big thing comes walking along." She feigned a look of horror. "It turns out that this thing was called a witch, and she picked me right up and dragged me off to her cave." Her eyes widened. "And she plopped me down in that cauldron of hers and turned me into a human. I was so startled that I tipped the cauldron over and I fell out." She smirked. "She was none too pleased, but I escaped with my life in tact, not knowing that I was about to meet the most amazing guy of my life."

Dante listened quietly, walking down the stairs. "I wasn't asking for a fairy tale, Hanna. Honestly, how many times have I heard you tell that. The ending is new though. "

"You have any place in mind?"

"The food here is pretty good, not as wonderful as your cooking," Dante joked. He and Hanna both knew she couldn't boil water to save her life. "As long as you don't mess with the pirate's rum you should be okay."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Dante listened quietly, walking down the stairs. "I wasn't asking for a fairy tale, Hanna. Honestly, how many times have I heard you tell that. The ending is new though. "

Hanna stuck her tongue out at Dante's back. "One of us must have an imagination. I guess it's going to have to be me."

"The food here is pretty good, not as wonderful as your cooking," Dante joked.

"If it's worse than my cooking then I'm leaving!" Hanna cried in fake horror, throwing up her hands. "There is no way I'm eating anything." She lowered her hands and smiled at him. "But thanks for trying." Her eyes lit up though when he mentioned the pirate. And rum. Rum was always a good thing. "I won't touch it if you don't," she said with a nod. "Are we agreed?" She had an idea that Dante drunk on something would be a recipe for disaster.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:43 pm

"Oh, who has the most imagination? Every cat you've had has been named fluffy or snowflake or something ridiculousness like that." Dante snorted. He caught sight of Hanna sticking her tongue out at him. "Obviously I have to be the adult too." He joked.
"You can agree with your rum. I can't have regular food anymore." Dante pulled out a chair for her before sitting in the chair across from her. "It always comes back up, not the most pleasant thing in the world."
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:09 pm

OOC: A few hours later, as evening approaches…

Erin stirred, his senses returning to him in full and his eyes flashed open carefully checking the area around him before giving any indication he’d woken. When the warrior was satisfied that the barn was safe and devoid of any real threats, he shifted himself so he could look more carefully at the elf girl Lyra.
She was pretty, but that was obvious, by any race’s standards. She was young as well, but the signs of running had left their mark on her, some visible and others not.

Merthissa, the wizard had tried to recruit him to hunt an elf who possessed an amulet of great power. The directive had been her head or his. Erin had refused and been marked for his refusal, but Merthissa now knew he had made an enemy as well, for Erin had used his last dregs of power that night to not save himself, but to set fire to the twisted wizard’s shelves and books, to his home, so that whatever villainy the wretch was up to would be set back.

“So he wanted you dead, did he?” Erin’s had traced her jawline gently; her warmth against his hand comforted him. “Wanted an amulet of yours…something valuable to only those who knew how to control such a trinket…” Erin pondered the offer he’d been presented. “So close…and the offer he made was quite high…but the treasure is not what you carry…it’s what’s inside that matters most.” Erin sat back from the girl then, his eyes hard and cold as splintered ice, “That wizard shall hang by his robes and burn like a candle for all to see before I am through with him.” Erin growled softly to himself before shaking his head to banish the thoughts from his head.

“Lyra?” He stroked her hair gently, “Would you like to go back to the Inn?" The warrior paused for a moment, thinking, “Or, if you’d like to sleep a little longer, we can stay here. I don’t mind either way. It shall be as you wish.”
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:20 pm

"That's because every cat that I have ever had was fluffy or had bright white fur," Hanna protested, though she knew it was hopeless with Dante. While he was quite right, it didn't mean that she couldn't use her mind. Cats were just the kind of animal that you named affectionately, rather than practically.

"Of course you're the adult," she told him as though it should be obvious. "You're the eldest, and you're the guy... Or, at least, that's what the survey says," she teased.

Hanna followed Dante downstairs to the bar. The atmosphere was cheerful, with the usual sketchy characters sitting in the corners and other ruffians sitting in more central locations, drinking and having a merry time. A few had clearly had too much to drink and had engaged in a drunken shouting match to the great amusement of those watching. Smirking, she followed Dante to a table for two.

Dante pulled out a chair for her before sitting in the chair across from her. "It always comes back up, not the most pleasant thing in the world."

Hanna rolled her eyes at him. "Come off it," she scoffed. "Surely you can hold down a bit of cider at the least."

Lyra was reluctant to pull herself out of the subconscious realm of sleep to enter the stark contrast of the real world when she first felt Erin stir. She was so warm and comfortable with her head nestled snugly in Erin's lap and her eyes heavy with sleep. With a muffled sound of contentment she snuggles closer to him, burying her head in his stomach. Her ears pricked when he first began to speak, but she hardly heard the words. his deep voice caressing her ears. She felt his callused fingers gently tracing her jawline, and she shivered, warmth flooding her. His voice changed, and she detected anger, but noticing that it wasn't directed at her she didn't pay much attention. Maybe he wanted to strangle Merthissa; he wasn't the only one.

He paused for a moment, and she heard her name. With some reluctance, she blinked open her eyes and rolled onto her back. With her head in his lap, she looked up at him with a quizzical expression, which quickly turned to a smile when his hands stroked her hair.

“Would you like to go back to the Inn?" The warrior paused for a moment, thinking, “Or, if you’d like to sleep a little longer, we can stay here. I don’t mind either way. It shall be as you wish.”

The Elf looked thoughtful as she sat up and adjusted her position so that she could sit next to him, which would hopefully make him feel less awkward. "Tell me about yourself," she asked. "Like, what's your favorite color? Who was your best friend when you were a kid? When was the first time you stayed up all night?" It probably wasn't the kind of answer he had been looking for, but she wanted to know who he was on the inside. Forget all that he had done in the past, who was he?She looked at him with curiosity in her bright brown eyes.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 am

"Of course you're the adult," she told him as though it should be obvious. "You're the eldest, and you're the guy... Or, at least, that's what the survey says," she teased.

Dante shook his head in disbelief, "Hanna your a year older than me. What Survey are we talking about and what do you mean by I'm a guy? Does that make me stale? "
His green eyes sparkled in amusement. Count on Hanna to get peoples birthday's wrong.
The cheery environment put Dante on a slight edge. There were a lot of people. Lots of different smells and blood types.
About Dante's comment about food Hanna rolled her eyes at him. "Come off it," she scoffed. "Surely you can hold down a bit of cider at the least."

Dante shook his head again, "I can't unless you want and extremely sick vamp on your hands. Alcohol is magnified by four to every one cup he drinks."
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Erin blinked once, concealing the slight surprise at her sudden flurry of questions, and the fact that that the questions were regarding him no less, "My favorite color is silver. I had a best friend... Kaylen Silverleaf...she was an Elf too...kind of like you...but we parted ways with less than kind words many years ago. She was only a few years younger than i and was one of the best warriors I've ever met. I apologize, but i do not know the first time i stayed up all night." The warrior shifted his weight slightly, his sense constantly scanning his surroundings for anything unusual. "What else would you like to know? If it is within my power, i shall answer."

Erin was not used to ever really telling anyone about himself. In fact, he had no idea why he was telling Lyra. Yes, it was true that he felt affection for her, perhaps even so far as to call it love, and if it was love, he had no idea how that'd all work out, but he'd never really told anyone about himself. Was he...changing? Becoming soft? Or was it something else?

Erin rose slowly, "Do you mind we we walk and talk? I think i'd like to get my things from outside where i left them." He offered her his hand to help pull her up. "How are you feeling? You seemed to have slept...well." He gave her an almost teasing smile when he said "well".
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Lyra noticed Erin's surprised blink before he was able to gather himself and organize his mind to answer. Her people skills could use some brushing up, but she was able to read them pretty well. From what she could tell, judging by the uncertain and stiff way Erin talked about who he was, she guessed that he probably didn't open himself up very often. With that in mind, she didn't know how to react at his opening up to her. When she had first questioned him, she had half expected him to be evasive or change the subject. He had surprised her this time, if anything else.

And who was the mysterious warrior Kaylen Silverleaf? If they had been best friends, why had they parted, as he'd said, with "less than kind words"? And best friends too, for that matter, she'd thought were supposed to be... well... friends. And friends were supposed to stick by each other through the thick and thin, right? Had they tried to be more than friends and it just hadn't worked out? The idea hurt, but she'd have to ask him what happened later, for from the way he'd delivered his information she doubted that he'd want to talk too much about his past.

When Erin got to his feet, Lyra shook herself mentally, not paying much attention. She was being childish to dwell on such things or to wonder about that which did not concern her. Erin was not for her, and that was the end of that. She wasn't worth the dirt stuck to his boots, so she might as well chase away any foolish feeling towards him. Abruptly, she realized that Erin was offering her his hand. Hoping that she hadn't kept him waiting long, she offered a quick smile and allowed him to pull her to her feet.

"Thanks," she said. "I'm great... You got some sleep too though... right?" Oh please, she thought desperately. Please have had a peaceful sleep for once.

She complied with his request though and trotted outside. The wind that blew in her face was cool, but was made colder still by what was left of the rain. There was an odd metallic scent to the air that reminded her of something, but she could not pinpoint what memory it stirred for the life of her. That in itself was strange, for she had a memory that contained far more information than was probably healthy. She forgot almost nothing, and the fact that she couldn't remember what the all too familiar scent reminded her off caught the Elf off-guard. Her eyes moved quickly over the streets, but she saw only a small group of gossiping women that were standing outside a cloth merchant's store. Nervous and on edge, she didn't wait for Erin. There was a very bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

It took Lyra about two minutes to find the place where they had left his weapons. They were laying on a small wooden cart that she recognized from before. It was out of the rain so the weapons were dry, but she came to a stop a few feet away. Something was not right.

A small hooded figure stood next to the cart. It's face was hidden in shadow, and she was unable to tell whether it was young or old, male or female, good or evil. The garment was travel-stained, like her own clothes, and she knew that whoever or whatever it was had come a long way. In her experience, that was never a good thing. The cloak appeared to be fashioned of hemp, and there were no feet were visible under the hem. Her eyes moved to the overlong sleeves and found long thin fingers peeking out. The nails were broken and torn, the skin a sickly white. The being raised its head.

Lyra took a step back.

No eyes looked back at her. They were less than ten feet away, yet even at that distance she could see no distinct markings to even indicate a face under the hood. She swallowed nervously, keeping her eyes on the figure. It would have been a lot smarter to look around for more threats, but she was more worried about whatever it was that was in front of her. In the long run, it was not a wise decision to make. Lyra took another step back, her bare feet sinking up to her ankles in the mud of the dirt road. The figure raised a bony hand, closing its fingers around the hilt of Erin's sword, Deathblade.

The reaction was instantaneous. As soon as the white fingers grasped the hilt, scarlet flames erupted from the point of contact, and the being screamed in agony. Not the yell of a mortal man experiencing pain, but the high-pitched shriek of an animal screaming its last. The air trembled with searing heat that even Lyra was not immune to. Smoke billowed into the air, darkening the sky, burning her eyes, but she found herself frozen in place, unable to tear her eyes away from the thing that was howling on the ground, huddled up in a heap of burning clothing and charred flesh.

Lyra was unable to tear herself away, unable to look away from the thing on the ground. The freezing wind that blew in her face contrasted oddly with the blaze. The sludge around her feet clung to her ankles, refusing to her let go, not that she was moving anywhere any time soon. She was unable to look away; she couldn't.

She remembered these things. She remembered only too well... But why could she not remember why? Why couldn't she put a name to the being? Why... why... why...?

An ice cold hand with long bony fingers closed on her upper arm. Jagged and broken finger nails bit into her flesh, and at last her head jerked away and her body automatically flinched back, but she wasn't able to break the grip of... Her heart stopped. Because she was looking into the suffocating blackness that was the face of the thing under the cloak. There was no time for her to cry out, and her body was refusing to run away. In her panic and in her shock, she had forgotten her powers. It didn't matter though because a hand closed over her mouth to silence her. Another hand expertly touched a place on her neck, and darkness glazed her eyes. The last thing she saw was the wretched being on the ground, its body almost consumed by the hungry flames.

Sheee... iiis iiin daarkneess. The first Hood looked at the second, who was just detaching its sickly-looking fingers from around the strange fire-creature's throat.

The second barely nodded, but the first detected acceptance from its mind. IIII waaas eeeexpeeectiiing moooreee reeeesiiiistaaaance, it thought at the first. Buuut sheee weeent doown wiiithooout aaa fiight. The thought was confused, almost disappointed.

Sheee reeeecooogniiiizeeed us, the first communicated. It's thoughts were angry, the words distorted in annoyance. Ooor oouuuur kiiiind. Thiiis waas nooot thee... fiiirst aaateempt.

Thunder rumbled overhead. The drizzle which had been steadily falling since the aftermath of the earlier storm became steadily heavier and turned into a downpour once more. Rock-hard rain drops pelted the cloaks of the creatures, but they were not perturbed by it. They seemed, in fact, not to notice the sudden change in weather, and if they did they gave no outward sign. The sky once more darkened, the loud drum of the rain eclipsing sound. There was a hiss from Deathblade, and the flames receded, yet the hilt continued to pulse with eerie red light. In the dirt, the ashes of the third Hood absorbed the rain and were lost in the mud. All that was left of the fight vanished in the storm.

Geeeeet oouuuuut, thought the second in response. IIIIII wiiiill laaaay heeer traiiiil.

There was no more communication. The Hood easily lifted the small Elf onto its narrow shoulders. With quick and silent footsteps, it disappeared into the rain. The second watched the first for a few seconds until it was out of sight, then moved to the cart. The wooden thing was cold and not particularly stable, and with a hard shove it sent the weapons tumbling into the mud. Bending down, it scooped up a few handfuls of mood onto the arms and backed up a few paces. There wasn't enough left of the body of the third Hood to be worth disguising. Its work done, the second Hood turned and disappeared after the first.

All that was left to indicate their presence was ever there was the acrid smell of burnt flesh. To a simple bystander coming upon the scene later, the smell certainly would have caught attention as well as the overturned cart. Yet, Erin's blades were well hidden; the only hint that gave away their location was the faint, glowing red light of Deathblade that still pulsed from the ground.

Hanna laughed. "Alright. I can't disagree with that. Perhaps it is for the better." She shrugged and smiled at him. Trust her to be a bumbling idiot and mix everything up. She never could keep much straight at the best of times.

Her face suddenly froze. There was an eerie wailing coming from somewhere outside. What the? She concentrated, and as she listened she realized that the sound was never something she would have guessed came from a human throat, so full of agony was it that it was far removed from anything she would consider mortal. Someone, or something was dying a most painful death. Just the distant sound of it made her skin crawl, her heart beat faster with fear. What was it? And, more importantly, what was causing it?

Horrified, she looked at Dante with wide purple eyes. "Someone's being killed out there!" she cried, jumping to her feet. "Come on, we can't just sit here!" She was scared, but more than anything she wanted to investigate. If someone was being killed, the killer was going to get a nasty surprise.

Not waiting for Dante, she bolted from the inn. An onslaught of rain hit her full force as soon as she forced the door open. Rain flowed across the road, turned the hard-packed dirt to mud, and almost threatened to sweep her off her feet so thick and fast was it. Soaked to the bone and disoriented, she tried to locate the sound of the death scream, for that is what it was. It was fading, but there was still enough hanging in the air to give her general direction. So it was that she found her bearings and sped off through the torrent of mud and rain to locate by the time she reached its source.

By the time she arrived at what she was sure was the location, there was nobody there... She stood shivering under the roof of a side building with her wet hair plastered to her face, scanning the area with her bright purple eyes. There was an old wooden cart that had been overturned with mud splattered over the sides and the wheels were sunken deep into the mud. But the stench alone gave away that something terribly wrong had happened. Death by fire, or some kind of black sorcery. Hanna took a few steps closer, peering closer. To her utter amazement, she saw through the swirling mud a tiny flicker of red light. What was going on in this strange town?

ooc: Does "sorry" cover my absence? :-/

Last edited by WolfGirl on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : LEFT OUT HANNA!! NUU!! KILL ME!)
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Dante's head jerked up at the shrieking noise and he covered his ears. The noise pierced him to his soul. The noise in a vampire's ears were magnified by several times. But he bolted out the door close behind Hanna. Rain started dampening the scents of many creatures, not before he got a whiff of the burning flesh and... black-wood. But the black-wood scent vanished quickly.... and was replaced by Lyra's rapidly fading pinewood smoke scent. He looked around for Lyra and Erin, searching for the Legacy's musty scent.
"WOLF!" He yelled, searching for him, "Get your butt out here now!"
He moved to see what Hanna was staring at, "Don't touch it. Wait till Erin gets here."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Hanna shot Dante a look that was meant to be sarcastic, but she wasn't quite able to pull it off. She was too rattled by the violent pain the death scream had brought to her ears, was too shocked at the stench of burnt flesh that greeted them, and was too scared to think of what had become of the screamer to be sarcastic. Instead, she merely glanced at him with horror written all over her pale face.

Her wide purple eyes fixed on the glowing something in the mud, she answered with as much defiance as she was capable of. "I'm not that stupid, Dante." Almost immediately though, she turned to face him. "Oh Dante," she said with quiet fear in her voice. "What do you think happened here?"

Her eyes searched his anxiously. Why did you call Erin and not his friend- what's her name? Lyra! That's it!- Why didn't you call for Lyra too? Did something happened to her? What do you know that I don't? Terrified thoughts rolled around in her mind, but she spoke not of them.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Dante was distracted by another pile of mud or rather the footprints in the mud. It looked like someone had fallen into the mud, an imprint of a body. Dante frowned and crept forward. He sniffed the area and Lyra's faint scent. The rain was rapidly soaking his light grey tunic making it mostly see through. He pushed his wet bangs out of his face studying the tracks.
"I know your stupid... something is wrong... and very amiss..." He looked around as the hair on the back of his neck stood on end.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:23 pm

"I know you're stupid..."

She frowned at him. Well, that was just what every girl wanted to hear, wasn't it? That they were stupid. Then again, she had mixed up a few dates, which hadn't been very intelligent. He could cut her some slack; it had been a long time. "Thanks, Dante," Hanna replied dryly.

"...Something is wrong... and very amiss..." He looked around as the hair on the back of his neck stood on end.

"Yeah..." Hanna nodded. "Just a lot a bit." She unsheathed her dagger, eyes darting around. She didn't trust this town anymore, not that she had had much trust of it to begin with. She didn't have much trust of many places or people anymore. Time had taught her lessons that she intended to learn from. There was no way that she was going to be caught out in a situation like this without being armed.

"I wish Erin would hurry up," she said. "He's taking an awful long time to get over here. It's dangerous to be separated under these circumstances."
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Horror crossed his face as her realized what he had said, "So sorry. My mouth was saying one thing but my brain was going into a completely other direction. I tend to do that more and more often now."
He itched his head taking a step backwards to get a better look at the whole picture. His green eyes flicked from one thing to another. Then he became very aware of the fact something or someone was standing behind them. He spun around to see a young woman with blonde and green eyes. Much like his own but much more vivid...
"Hello, Hanna. Long time no see."
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Silent as death, Erin appeared, wraith-like in the mist, rain unable to touch him due to his fiery aura. His seasoned eyes played over the scene before him and he was thoroughly disgusted with himself for having not been there sooner.

“It’s a good thing you did not reach towards the glow, Hanna,” Erin’s words cut through the frigid are like a knife through butter, sharp. He reached forth and drew out the source of the glow. A long hand and a half sword with a rippling, fiery aura, like some sort of reddish haze cloaked the weapon itself.

[The sword, being a hand and a half, is around five feet long and has a worn leather handle. The pommel is formed by an octagonal red ruby and inlaid into the hilt is a ruby cut into a faceted rhombus. The hilt and guard themselves are ornately shaped from a beautiful piece of gold that seems to reflect the swords fiery light. Both rubies contain an almost hungry light that shines from their inner depths and staring into them is like gazing into the heart of hell. The blade is less of a human design and appears to be more of an Elven make, smooth double-edge, blood channel in the centerline rather than a keel, and the point gently rounds into a wickedly sharp point. The metal, clearly not any ordinary smith’s work, has not a single scratch or scorch mark on its mirror like silver surface. Its polish is superb, and its purpose all too clear. It appears that the blade has on it several wards preventing any other than the intended owner to touch or use the weapon itself. In fact, to any creature who attempts to conjure or use dark magic on the weapon, the sword responds by either, devouring the magic, negating it, or pulsing with flames of divine origin (meaning its origins are more closely linked to a deity than to wizardry). The weapon seems to have reacted to the touch of an unworthy individual and released its magical fire on the unfortunate creature…]

Erin grasped his blade firmly and it seemed to almost pulse in pleasure at having returned to its master’s side. “Someone tried to use my powers…they are intimately linked with my sword…” He jammed the blade into its scabbard and knelt to examine where Lyra’s prints stopped.

“Damn…What hell were they?” His fingers played over the mud prints of whatever had taken Lyra, tiny flames jumping from them to harden the mud into dry dirt, the prints much more clearly visible now.

“Dante, I need a horse. There is a stable not one block from here. Hanna? My things are in the room in the Inn. Bring them here please.” His tone seemed to leave little room for argument, and his eyes never left the ground. He was analyzing the prints and the scene, creating a mental image of what had happened.

“She does not have long…if those things are after the amulet…And now they chose death as their fate, for that is what it is to cross paths with me and choose the way of an enemy.

Erin gave the newcomer who’d addressed Hanna a cold glare. “Either speak now, or get out of the way. I don’t have time to for those who’d waste it.” He turned away, and his dark eyes seemed to be constantly roving over both the prints and the trails leading out of the area. The more time wasted here, the farther the hag-spawn vermin could take Lyra.

“I curse the ones who thought they could cross me and hope to survive the encounter. May they find no peace in their deaths.” He whispered softly as his eyes hardened and fire burned within his veins. Whoever had Lyra would find no refuge from the man who had little in the way of rules, and little patience for the fools who’d idiotically test his patience and mercy. Of patience, he had little, and of mercy, he had next to none. He was Erin Wolf, and he was out for blood.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:26 pm

"Hello, Hanna. Long time no see."

Hanna whipped around and let out a cry of delight. A tall, willowy young woman stood in front of them with vivid green eyes and long blond hair framing a pale heart-shaped face. "Zephyr!" she cried happily, throwing her arms around her old friend and sword and hugging her tightly. "I missed you, girl!" she bubbled. She pushed her away and looked her up and down. "You're awful thin," she observed. "You been doing okay?" she asked anxiously.

“Dante, I need a horse. There is a stable not one block from here. Hanna? My things are in the room in the Inn. Bring them here please.” His tone seemed to leave little room for argument, and his eyes never left the ground.

Hanna spun angrily away from Zephyr and glared angrily at Erin. "Don't you dare order us around like we were your servants," she snapped indignantly. "You can't get angry at me and melt my dagger, then expect me to go run off and fetch your stuff like I don't have a sense of perspective. The bloody hell!"

Alright. So maybe there was a bigger problem at hand, but she didn't like Erin in the slightest, couldn't see why Lyra was attached to him, and she wasn't going to tolerate him ordering them around.

"I'll go get your bloody stuff," she growled. "If only because we don't have time to waste and while I hate you I don't hate your friend." She whipped around and stalked away to the inn, seething.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Not just anybody could throw their arm around an a thousand year old creature, but apparently Hanna could. Zephyr stiffened for a moment before rapping her arms around the girl.
"Hello, Princess."
After Hanna had stormed off, Zephyr stepped in front of Dante looking him up and down.
"Demon born, so you are the one who died and came back. The legacy of the blacksmith lives on."
Dante's hair rose on the back of his neck. What on earth?
Then Zephyr walked up to Erin, her eyes studding him with a fiery intensity. A smile curved woman's lips. "Death trails you Legacy and the trail never ends until your death."
That was all she had to say, she took several steps away from the group, and she looked up at the sky. The stormy grey clouds began to move as the wind picked up and soon the rain stopped.
Dante just realized he was gaping at what ever it was that looked human... but it clearly wasn't. Then he jerked himself back to reality.
"Horses." He reminded himself. "I will go saddle Lyra's horse."
He ran into the Inn they had been staying. He joined Hanna in packing up their things. He was quiet still unnerved by Zephyr. After a while he came across his blood-skin. He opened it and drank deeply. Putting it away he picked up the bags and made their way back to the stable saddling the horses. Realizing Jennifer's horse was still here with a pang. After loading everything up and saddling the black ware horse, the mare, and gelding. Then, led them out of the stable.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Hanna stormed into the room where Dante, Erin the warrior, the Elf Lyra, and Dante's friend Jenny had been staying. She was not happy, and she did nothing to hide it. Her movements jerky, she located their packs and identified whose was whose. That done, she stuffed what few items were lying around into their proper places. When Dante walked in, she grunted a greeting. He picked up his stuff and she grabbed the other three's.

Grumbling angrily under her breath, she stalked back to where Erin and Zephyr stood. Hanna tossed Erin's stuff at him and swung Jenny's back over her shoulder. Lyra's she held loosely in one hand. Deep down, she assumed that Lyra was dead. If she was nowhere to be seen... and there had been that scream only minutes ago... she just couldn't believe that she was still alive. Lyra might be powerful or might have been powerful, but those things were probably a lot more powerful.

"They went straight out of town," she said to no one in particular, taking a look at the few footprints on the ground. "Probably heading for the River Dedscio... It's too easy to hide a body in those waters." Not that I'd know for sure... she finished up in her mind. But those waters are swift and deep, and there are a lot of roots and underwater plants for stuff to hook onto.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Zephyr looked at Hanna as she entered again, her green eyes studying her. Silently she rose to her feet and moved to study the pile of ash that remained.
"I wouldn't do that-"Dante began.
"Please," Zephyr turned around to look at him. "Don't patronize me. I was born from fire. Much hotter than that sword could ever produce, now that was pain. Why do you think I can barely get along with my brother."
She turned back around, her brows drew together as she sniffed the ash with her sensitive nose.
"Black-Wood. Quick," She rounded on the three people behind her, "tell me which part of the Realms do Black-wood tree's grow?" But she didn't give them time to answer. "Caligo." She clapped her hands together like a small delighted child. "If I am correct- which I am. There is a massive fisher hidden underneath the Shadow King's fortress. Now what creature feeds on the rarest plant in the five realms? Obviously there are more tree's that grow in pure darkness than the creatures that can eat them. There are probably a hundred or so trees down there. Soo... that would make about a dozen or so of these creatures and only the Dark King has access to them... Hmmn.... I got it! The Skein!"
"The what?" Dante said almost going cross eyed from the sudden amount of information.
"The Skein! They are trackers, hunters, the Shadow King's personal assassins. I haven't dealt with them for over a hundred years. Oh sweet demons, we are in for an adventure. I am positive they would be taking your friend strait to him. Ahh... But we don't want that amulet Erin was talking about to fall into his hands... we'd have to head them off. " She looked around at them standing and staring at her, "Well what are you waiting for? GO!"

((Oh goodness... I had so much fun writing this bit. A bit of SHherlock Holmes in her don't you think?))
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Erin turned and glared at this "Zephyr". "Woman, you have not tasted flames until you have tasted the fires of Hell, and believe you me, should you chose to test yourself against myself and my blade, you WILL burn," Erin seemed to glow with an unearthly light and the air was uncomfortably hot. The warrior turned to Hanna and bowed his head slightly in appreciation of her bringing his belongings.

The Fire Legacy mounted one of the horses and his eyes met Dante's first and then Hanna's, "Neither of you need come with me. Lyra and the amulet are my responsibility now and the risk of death is high. It is not necessary for you to come any further." Erin shifted slightly on the horse, "If you go to the barn just down the road from here, i left something for you both." Erin faced Hanna, "There is a dagger that will not melt and will not break, forged by an elf who lives near Mount Superior in Scopulous who forged my sword. That dagger is imbued with enchantments you may find useful. I hope you consider it a fitting replacement for the one I destroyed." The Legacy gazed at Dante now, "For you, a small scroll and a drinking gourd. Read the scroll when night falls and all is dark, after filling the gourd with blood. It should further reduce the effects of the sun on your body by essential creating liquid darkness and if you are ever supremely weakened by the sun, drink it and you should feel like a new man in less than an hour."

Erin guided the horse back a few paces, "Dante, Hanna, may your journeys be quick and your destinations always be pleasant. Should you ever have need of me, find any wolf and whisper my name three times. They'll tell Shadow, and he will tell me."

The warrior and the horse turned towards the forest and they marched along the trail left by Lyra's captors.
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:22 pm

[The weather takes a turn for the worse, and the storm that had driven Lyra and Erin into the barn was just the beginning. Whatever had Lyra now had luck on their side as the downpour that begins starts to make the tracks Erin Wolf was following next to impossible. In addition, the cold rains are weakening the great warrior, for he is a being of fire and heat, and the biting winds and drenching drops of rain are like a suffocating cloak that slow and lessens his powers by a fraction.

The crowd in the little town that the crew of Lyra, Erin, Dante, and Hanna had stopped in return to their homes, and stories of demons and monsters flitter about like meek mice in the night. Who are the beings that took the elf girl? Where'd the storm come from? All bad omens, or at least, that's what the village soothsayer tells them,...all the people can do no is keep their children inside and pray that doom would not befall their sleep little way of life...when magic, men, and monsters collide, nothing good ever comes to fruition...

Even the birds have quieted and the stray dogs have disappeared from sight. Indeed, something evil was afoot.

The gifts Erin left for Hanna and Dante sit, hidden behind a half-rotted log, safe from prying eyes and greedy hands, awaiting their intended new owners.]

OOC: what do you think? This is more or less what the DM does...
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 pm

Zephyr arched an eyebrow and squashed the temptation to knock him off of his horse. "Bright little ray of sunshine isn't he?" She paused for a moment before asking,"Are you guys going to actually listen to him?"
Dante shook his head, "Nope."
He gave Hanna a side ways glance, "You up for an adventure?"
"I like him," Zephyr decided. "I think I shall run ahead. I know a short cut, I also do agree with you Hanna on the river bit. You could easily hid a body there or lose the people following you. But I am pretty sure the skein want this girl-"
"Lyra." Dante supplied. "I am going to go get the stuff Erin left."
He ran to the barn and Zephyr studied him as he went. "He's cute. Is that-?" she pointed over her shoulder with her thumb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescue Mission
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Paludem :: The Marsh-
Jump to: