Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crystal Cavern

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flash
Admin
Flash

Crystal Cavern - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:09 am

Over his music, Alrog heard a voice. Abruptly, he stopped playing and the song ended on an ugly discord, but he cared not. He recognized the voice, but it had not been one that he had heard in many long years. Could it truly be? He slipped the lyre back into his bag, nimble fingers trembling with excitement.

"Minnie!" he called, moving quickly towards the entrance to the cavern and the tunnel. He almost tripped and fell into one of the crystal-clear pools of water, but caught himself and skirted around the edge, paying no heed to caution. "By thunder, girl, did you have to follow me down here?" He was smiling under his beard though as he peered up into the tunnel, unable to see very far up, it was so dark.

ooc: He likes a good quarrel, so sorry 'bout his greeting, and I gave her a nickname! Very Happy
Awww, you've a cold! {Hugs} Get well soon! I hate it when I get sick. NOT fun. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:08 pm

I beamed. No one else on this earth would DARE call me that name except for Arlog. "Follow you here?" I asked with a laugh. "Follow you here? By scot I followed no one here except for the bad directions of Phantasia!" I cried, laughing.

My bad directions? MY bad directions? Girl, you were the one holding the bloody map upside down! The tiger chided, lightly.

"Yes and it's your fault that we lost the map to that fat little squirrel that YOU were too lazy to try and bother to catch!" I said, still lightly. "Anyways, Alrog, what do you be doing down here, in this death trap. I mean, one broken bone at our age and w're never comin' back," I called.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 pm

"What am I doing down here?" Alrog cried, throwing his arms out wide. "By Thunder, my good girl, come and see for yourself! It's well worth the risk, my lady!"

Alrog rarely got excited and this was one of those rare moments when he felt so light that he could probably turn cartwheels if he really wanted to. As it was, he settled for just rocking backwards and forwards on the balls of his feet and looking more than a touch impatient. He wanted to see Minnie's face when she got a look at the Crystal Cavern for the first time. It was really quite spectacular. He himself still felt slightly overwhelmed by it all.

"Hurry up, good woman!" he called impatiently after a few more moments, unable to stand still. "You're feet can't be in that much pain. You're only... um... how old are you?" For that brief moment, her legitimate age escaped him.
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 pm

"Oh, hush now," I said, waving my hand dismissivly. I looked up, a bright twinkle in my eyes. "My age? Oh, Alrog, I'm 25!" I exclaimed giving the dwarf a wink. I kicked off my shoes and sighed. "Ai, that's much better. Anyways, don't rush me. You know, one broken bone at our age and there's no comin' back," I said with a light smile. "I haven't seen you this excited since the night I asked you to sing at my wedding," I said with a sigh. "Anyways, what is it you want me to look at?"

OOC Oog, sorry for not responding. I've been really, really sick.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Alrog tugged at his beard. What did he want her to see? Goddess, her sight must be failing because if she looked around, it would be pretty clear what there was to see. From the transparent, bluish cavern ceiling. to the crystals growing from the walls, to the freezing pools of water that reflected the beauty around them. And then there was the dragon standing a few feet behind him that might possibly be Gaeon...

"Take a look, lass!" he cried, spreading his thin arms out wide in a reverent gesture. "I know your vision isn't all that bad."

ooc: Agent, you're sick! Don't apologize!
{Hugs}
Just try to get un-sick. {Is that even a word?}
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:37 pm

She rubbed her eyes and at that moment gasped. "Looky there! Looky there! All those crystals... Oh they're magnificent!" she cried, her arms flailing in excitement. "And look at that water! It's so absolutely pristine!" she cried excitedly. "Wow... Just wow!!" she cried. "And is that a... A dragon?" I asked, growinginfinatly more excited. "This is a treasure! I didn't know dragons lived around here!"

OOC I want to, too but it looks as its getting worse!! I can't eat anything because it just comes back up!! I'm so misrable!!!!
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Alrog chuckled darkly at that and turned to the dragon.

"No, dragons generally don't live in the Dwarfish halls and caverns. They don't like that my people are always disturbing them when they settle below us."

He turned back to Nameless with a knowing glint in his eye. In asking about the dark creature, Gaeon, he had unwittingly given away his identity. Alrog was old, but his mind was not yet leaving him like Minerva's and his senses and wits were still sharp. However, Nameless' secret was his and he would not reveal his identity to Minerva.

ooc: I can tell you're bad off 'cause you keep witching from third person to first! xD
Go get some rest, Agent... And sleep... Sleep is good when you're sick.
Don't worry 'bout posting until you're better, please? I don't want you to get worse; being sick's no fun. Sad
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Gaeon growled, nostrils flared. He backed away, wanting desperately not to be seen. The glint in the old man's eyes scarred me. He knew... He knew that the dragon who stood before him was the dragon of old, was in fact Gaeon.

"Oi... Look at you," Minerva crooned. She turned to Alrog. "What's his name? How did you find him?" she asked fervently. Her excitement was totally peaked. Minerva had a special soft spot in her heart for dragons, because, as Alrog should remember, Carlo himself had a peaked fascination for the beasts. He even had his own little dragon (whose egg he disobeyed on one of their many adventures). The little dragon had never reached more that two or threes feet long, being a Pygmy dragon, but even after the little creatures death, fifteen years later, the little Pygmy dragon had still been apart of their family. Minerva couldn't help but to be fascinated with the creature, much to Phantasia's dipair. (The winged tiger realized that the three of them wold be nothing more than an appetizer to the great creature.)

OOC Sprry this took me like three hours to right. I can't seem to focus, although I do feel a lot better!

And thanks for your concern, it's so sweet of you!!
*hugs*
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:54 pm

"He refuses to tell me his name," Alrog said, sounding extremely frustrated by this fact as he grumpily turned to face the creature. The dragon looked uneasy, as if it wished for nothing more in the world than to hide itself away and disappear. "And I bumped into him when I came down here to pay my respects... says he lives here."

Alrog remembered well Minnie's fascination with dragons and his snow-white bead twitched slightly, a sure sign that he was smiling. With her here, he greatly doubted that the dragon would be able to hide from them any time soon. Minnie would likely start asking it questions with her usual fevered excitement and they would be down here for quite some time. Phantasia looked rather worried, large eyes fixed on the dragon looking more than a little wary. The half-Dwarf couldn't blame him, though the dragon had said he wouldn't hurt them... He knew them to be an honorable species, but this wasn't a true dragon.
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:32 pm

"I've never heard of a dragon living down in these caves!" Minerva exclaimed excitedly. "Perhaps this is a new discovery! And he wont tell you his name! Ooh now I am intregued! I wonder what his secret is... I wonder what he's hiding!" She waved her hands about to make her point.

Minerva carefully strolled up to the dragon and began to poke and prod it, rambling to herself many, many things, questions and whatnot, concerning the dragon and the cave and the dragon's secret identity.

Phantasia was extremely wary about her owner's slightly careless decision to go bother the Dragon

Gaeon backed away, confused by the old lady. She seemed even stranger than the dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Alrog chuckled, leaning on his his stick and looking at Phantasia with a quirky smile that was obscured by his long beard. The winged tiger looked extremely wary and not in the slightest pleased with Minnie's behavior towards Nameless. Obviously, he still thought that her obsession was a dangerous one and disapproved. Well, at least the cat had some regard for his life.

"He won't tell you anything, Minnie," the old bard said in his deep, faintly musical, but nevertheless rough voice. "He's one for secrets... and he obviously has quite a big one that he's going to keep til the death."

He studied Nameless. The dragon looked confused and alarmed. Clearly, he thought that Minnie was crazy. Hmm, he wasn't as thick as he had first appeared after all. Dang it. The dragon was having trouble hiding his emotions, instead of displaying the calm serenity and amusement that he would have expected from any other dragon. Either Nameless was unusual in the extreme, or he wasn't a dragon... and Alrog got the feeling that it was definitely the latter.

ooc: Agent! If you're sick, you shouldn't really be posting... :/
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Minerva whisked about the dragon, studying it in detail. "You are a very odd dragon. And I've never seen a dragon- or any creature for that matter- with such stunning gold eyes.." She mumbled, staring deep into the eyes of the dragon. With a firm tug, she pulled a loose scale off of the dragon's chest.

"Ow!" Gaeon roared, then looked down at Minerva quite annoyed. He pushed the annoying woman back with a front foot, which was a mistake because she grabbed onto his foot and didn't let go, studying it carefully.

OOC I'm not sic anymore. I mean, I have a stuffy nose and a little bit of a sour throat, but other than that, I feel fine.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:10 am

Alrog smirked slightly at Minnie’s behavior towards the dragon. She seemed far more keen on discovering his secret than he had been, for as soon as the dragon had asked of Gaeon, he had known. Everything from his actions to the way he handled himself and the way he spoke told Alrog that Nameless was no true dragon. But then… if not a dragon, what was he? He could always be a Pooka in disguise, but his scales weren’t a midnight like a Pooka’s would have been. He could be some sort of shape-shifter, but Alrog’s memory wasn’t the best when it came to remembering the names of different fantastical creatures. For now, Nameless’ secret was safe… until, that was, he figured out just what he was.

Phantasia looked wary in the extreme, and Alrog guessed that the winged tiger still disapproved of Minnie’s passion for stranger and dangerous beasts and creatures. Be that as it may, it did show that the tiger was a good deal more sensible than his companion. Minnie would probably continue to pester Nameless until he got fed up with her and squashed the old woman as any human would swat a fly. Anxious himself now, he leaned on his staff and looked on, but saying nothing.

Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Minerva went about examining the dragon in ever which way. She poked it, prodded it, examined it throughly. "No no..." She concluded at last. "Perhaps you are not a dragon at all!" She exclaimed to herself, perhaps a bit too loud. No, there was no way in the high heavens that this was a real and true dragon. She knew this simply by its patience towards her. This whole time, the poking and prodding, while, yes, were very standard methods of examination, was actually just a test of patience towards the dragon. Normally, dragons would have no tollerence for this sort of thing. Actually, were this a real dragon, she would have treated it with respect first, bowing before it and what not, but from the get-go, she could tell that this possibly wasn't a real dragon. It was those eyes... something about those eyes...
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Towards Minnie, the dragon, or whatever it was, was tolerant to the point where Alrog had to sit down. It just wasn’t natural; it wasn’t right. Something about this whole business was off-beat. It was as if all Nameless wanted was for Minnie to finish examining and for them to leave him alone. A real dragon would have let her ask, but never touch him as she had been doing, let alone pull loose one of his scales. Minnie should have died for that act, for a dragon’s armor is their most prized possession. As it was, he only looked irritated. Dragons tended to demand respect, which Minnie clearly was not displaying towards him. That too, should have resulted in an adequate lesson or punishment. He was just too tolerant, to open, and too anxious. And he had never seen a dragon before with gold eyes quite like those… they reminded him of the eyes of a great cat instead of dragon eyes.
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Once she was done, minerva stepped back, much to Phantasia's relief. She looked up at the dragon-like creature with a confident smirk written across her face. And that was what scared the dragon; that smirk. For it was not only a confident smirk, but a knowing one as well. "You're not a real dragon are you!" She concluded sounding much more definitive.

Gaeon too a stumbling step backwards. The fear in his eyes was much more clear now that she knew... they knew! It was at that immeadiate moment that he chose to take a risk. They knew, it was very clear that they knew he wasn't a true dragon. They must've known that he was a shape-shifter by now. But there were so many shape-shifting creatures out there... there was absolutely now way they could be sure. So he took a risk, the lie all planned out in his head. Carefully, he transformed into his human form. The transformation was immediate and very shocking. He looked up at them both, the elderly... couple? and the tiger, him, looking to be just a 17 year old kid. "So you found me out" He said with a smirk. "I'm Demetrius, and I guess you can tell now that I'm a wizard," He said.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm

With a slight jump, the old half-Dwarf realized that the dragon had changed forms. No longer was he the nameless one, but he was a tall boy in his late teens. Handsome, he supposed, but his mind had ceased to think that way quite a few years ago. As it was, he saw only that he was frightened and terribly hurt in the case of one leg, which would probably haunt him for the rest of his life.

Alrog took an even bigger risk than the supposed Gaeon had just taken. He used his staff to push himself to his feet and looked at him, chin jutting out defiantly. While that had been quite a piece of magic, 'Demetrius' was no mere wizard. But if his judgement was incorrect, he could pay with his life.

"No, you're not," he said, taking a step towards the youth. He was smirking broadly and Alrog didn't like that. "You're Gaeon," he hissed, jabbing a long finger at him. "A shapeshifter as old as the hills; you said it yourself."
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Minerva snapped her fingers. "Gaeon!" She exclaimed. "I knew I recognized those eyes! Those bright, almost metalic eyes! They're legend!" She exclaimed.

The confidence was contiunously draining from the boy's face. "N-no!" he sputtered. He felt trapped. "N-n-no! That's not true! That's ridiculous! I'm Demetrius! I-I'm Demetrius..." He cried. He backed up, seriously concerned. "Get back! Go away!" He cried frantically.

Minerva jumped up and down in excitement. "Gaeon! We've found Gaeon!" She exclaimed. "Oh I have so many questions to ask you! So many! What happened to your leg? What did the wizard look like? Why did he curse you? What was the world like 700 hundred years ago? What were you like 700 years ago? Why do you live here now?" She went on and on and on. Phantasia rolled her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:20 am

Alrog smirked. "Yes, he's Gaeon," he said, quite calmly. "See the slit pupil eyes, Minnie? Cat eyes... rather like those of a venomous snake. And if you squint, you can tell that there's no white in them, just gold."

Absently, he fiddled with his lyre. He really wanted to be playing right now; the echoing effects of the cavern were simply stunning, but he knew better than to simply burst into tune at this exact moment. He would have to wait until Gaeon was calmer and they had figured a few things out. Otherwise, well, he could annoy the potentially dangerous shapeshifter. Alrog didn't know half as much about the Legend of Gaeon as Minnie did, being far more interested in music. However, he did know enough of the basics to understand that running into him now was a very ill omen.

I just hope that nothing too horrible happens to Lyra because of this, he thought. He wasn't sure why the Elf was on his mind right then, but he knew that she would have been just as enthusiastic about meeting the shapeshifter as Minnie was.
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Minerva reached forward and snatched the boy's face in her hands, deeply studying his eyes. "What do you mean? Cap eyes look nothing like those of a venomous snake! Snake eyes are cold, lacking any love -or any sort of emotion for that matter- while cat eyes are soft and affectionate, even those of a big cat! Besides, snake eye have a very thin pupil. A slit that stretches the diameter of the eyes, vertially. Cat's eyes are much more round, even in high light, they're diamond shaped, but also rounded," She explained.

Gaeon looked absolutely terrified of Minerva. His eyes had become wide, his pupils small. He was trembling slightly, but looked as though he was desperately trying to quell his movements.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Alrog loved a good argument and jumped at the opportunity. "No, cats have vertices pupils, just like snakes. They only become round if it's very dark. And since we're who knows how many miles under the ground, Phantasia's eyes are going to appear absolutely enormous." Alrog rolled his eyes at her, though his bushy eyebrows obscured the gesture. "Plus, I have known more than a few cats that are nothing short of evil."

That one was a bluff, because Alrog had known more good-natured cats than not, but for the purposes of argument, that didn't seem like quite the thing to say at the moment. As it was, Phantasia was giving him the evil eye. He glared right back at her, knowing full well that she wouldn't be able to see the glare.
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:58 pm

I put my hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes, trying to disguise my amusment. This was fun! I always had enjoyed a good arguement, and no one was a better arguer, no one was more stubborn than one, Alrog. "No, no, even in the light, a cat's eyes are much differnt than a snake's eyes. Even in the light, the pupils in a cat's eyes are thicker and rounder, and only come to the middle of the eye. Where as in a snake, the pupil is a thin slit that extends the legnth of the the eye, and in the middle is more diamond shaped," I said, nodding.

I beamed and transformed myself into a small, calico cat. I leaped on top of Alrog, bounding up the length of his body, and perched myself on the top of his head. "Honestly, Alrog" I purred happily. "Wouldn't I know?" I asked. "And name one cat that you've met that is anything more than naughty,"
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Alrog almost went cross-eyed, but he could not see the top of his own head, which was unfortunate. Fortunately for him, he still had quite a lot of fight left in him and had little to no intention of giving in now that a really good one had just started. He was the master of conflict.

"Actually, my pet," he said, gnarled hands reaching up to lift the calico off his head with extreme care. "If you knew anything about snakes at all, you would know that there are remarkably few species of snakes who's pupils span the entire length of their eyes. Especially during daylight, cat eyes narrow to a distinct point, just like those of a venomous snake; rounded in the center, then sharp at the ends." He smiled delightedly under his beard at the calico. It was a clear challenge to his old friend.
Back to top Go down
Agent LastWish

Agent LastWish

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:25 pm

"I'll give you that one," She purred, rolling onto her fluffy little back. "You've proven me wrong. Perhaps the shape of the pupils of the two animal's eyes are the same, but the snake's eyes are cold. Cruel. Icy. Emotionless, where as the eyes of a cat are birght, and playful and full of life!" she purred happily.

Fearing the presence of the two people, Gaeon transformed himself into a golden and black cat, similar to that of which Minera had transeformed into. Gaeon fled they're presence, squiming into the crack in the wall.

OOC Sorry, I know it's short...
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:55 pm

"Ah, but that's what they want you to think," the old bard said mysteriously in a faintly amused, musical voice. "But I've seen some pretty sweet snakes and some pretty evil cats. There's you... for instance." He grinned playfully at the calico. "You're the only cat that I know of that would willingly try to take down a fully armed soldier on her own."

He loved bickering with Minnie. That was partially because he loved arguing in general, but Minnie was good at it, and that was really something. Some people just got mad or annoyed or whatever, and just started screaming at him. However, she kept a cool head and was able to return fire. The best kind of quarrel was when both of the competitors knew their debate and knew just how to handle themselves in the situation.

However, when Alrog turned to look at Gaeon again, he noticed that were he had stood before, was only another crystal formation. The Chimera was gone.

Looking curious, the old bard motioned to Minnie to follow him if she so desired and walked back up the tunnel, looking for the Chimera.

ooc: Because this topic went inactive, I'm moving Alrog elsewhere so that I can use him. Please excuse the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Cavern   Crystal Cavern - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crystal Cavern
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Scopulous :: Crystal Cavern-
Jump to: