Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Flash
Admin
Flash

THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST Empty
PostSubject: THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST   THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Legacy Form:
-Form for the descendants or children of Elemental spirits

Name: Amkral Night-Walker, also known today as the Shadow.

Age: Amkral is many thousands of years old. He was born in the third century of the making of the realms and was one of those present on the making of the Orb. Due to his parentage being Elf and Elemental as well as his experiments with his own mortality, the aging process is slowed by a noticeable amount.

Eye Color: His eyes were a kind of pale, gray-green, especially in his youth. It depends partially on the lighting, but also whether or not he’s angry. If he slips from simple hate to anger, his eyes turn dark, almost black, green. When using his powers however, his eyes turn a fiery orange, mimicking the flames that he was born to control.

Skin Color: His skin was pale to begin with, partially because he was an Elf and also because in Sylvia, the trees crowd so closely together that one can hardly see the sunlight. Because of this, he also has extremely keen eyesight.

Hair: His hair is sleet gray, with white highlights. The only sign of age on him is his dark gray hair, but even that is healthy and abundant. He wears it parted on the side and falling casually to his shoulders. When going into battle, he dyes it jet black.

Height: For an Elf, Amkral is very tall. Just over seven feet at 7’4”, he towers over most individuals. Part of his height comes from his ‘little experiments’ as he calls them. Before he was corrupted, he was about 6’9”.

Physical Description: Tall and very strong with lean muscles. He usually dresses in black robes that seem to merge with the night and helps him remain hidden and out of sight when he leaves his fortress. He wears black, leather boots that come up to his knees and black leggings. For adornment, he cares very little for; asilver ring every once in a while, a fang earing, but nothing besides. His choice in clothing is only half as dark as the twisted soul that resides inside however.

Personality: Dark and forbidding, Amrkal has always had a thirst for power and dominance. He

Mortal Parent: Jarred Silver-Arrow

Legacy of(Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Spirit): He is a Legacy of Fire

Realm of Origin: Amkral actually was not originally from the Caligo as might be expected. He was born and raised in the lush realm of Sylvia to good people. It was only when he needed to find a place to call his own did he take over Caligo and establish himself as ruler. There peoples live in relative peace without kingdoms, just people trying to stay alive, and his announcement as King of Caligo launched tensions that had not been there previously.

Animal Companion(Optional): Shadow doesn’t have a companion, he likes being alone far too much to have another by his side. There is nobody alive or dead that could be called a friend to him. Anyone who grows too close to him, he has killed. This is because once someone begins to know him, they can spot some degree of predictability. Predictability could be his downfall. He operates with fear and secrecy, spinning a fine web of lies and confusion that is almost impossible to tear apart once caught within it.

Talents: Amkral is extremely persuasive and a master of weaponry and battle strategy. He can use just about any type of weapon, as well as his powers. No fire Legacy has ever delved so deep into their potential as he, and as a result, the prowess he demonstrates with them is near unstoppable.

Weapon*: He is a master of all weapons, including iron. After an intense and painful process of about a year and a half, he found a way to withstand simply touching the metal. Despite this, he just as vulnerable to its effects as any other Elf.

Flaws**: Amkral’s most dangerous flaws are pride and an overwhelming fear of death and defeat.

Powers(Must relate to Elemental parent): He can summon elemental creatures, particularly salamanders and dragons to him. Salamanders are of both fire and the earth as are dragons. They are famed for being guardian spirits, but they must obey their conjurer when summoned. These creatures pray upon the living when in the mortal and cannot be banished again until they are fed. If not, then they linger in the mortal world until they find a source to quench their hunger. Unlike other Legacies, he has found a way of banishing them on his own when his energy runs low to keep them from turning on himself. He can manipulate fire for hours at a time without visibly tiring. Nonetheless, he can only use this power for three hours and then must rest for the rest of the day if he wants to be able to see in the morrow. Due to the nature of this power, he wears a dragon amulet around her neck at all times, an object which can harness and store the energy of the wearer, to keep himself from overextending his powers and dying from using up all his energy. He can also withstand temperatures of two hundred degrees, but no more. He can raise the temperature at will and can sense when fire is nearby and if a Legacy is the source of the fire as well. Also, he can feel the activity of magma under the earth and can sometimes cause catastrophic eruptions. This power can only be used as a last resort because the strain of it is nearly enough to kill.

Backstory***: Elven by race, Fire Legacy by birth, and wizard by practice, the Shadow was and is, perhaps with the one exception, the most powerful being in all the realms. He was raised in the realm of Sylvia among other Elves. When his sister was killed by a human assassin, he was chosen to represent the Legacy of fire in a council held to end the violence. After this, what happened to him is shrouded in mystery. He left his native homelands and journeyed to Scopulous, a land dominated by rock and fire. The Orb which he had aided in the making of lay deep within the earth and that was his target. After tricking the dwarves, he stole the Orb and retreated to Caligo and to Endar. Many years passed and Endar eventually fell into ruin. This marked the beginning of the end for that realm and the chaos that was to later follow. The Shadow erected for himself a mighty fortress, created from the labor of thousands of slaves, most of who died in the making. He continued his studies of his potential as a Legacy, dark magic, and the Orb. As Caligo became steadily more stable under his iron-fisted control, he finally learned its terrible secret. The realization both shocked and disappointed him, but almost immediately afterwards, those feelings were followed by wild excitement at the wondrous tool of destruction that had come into his hands. The legend was a lie, but he was the only one to know of that fact and the Orb could be a wonderful bargaining chip in his quest to take over the realms. If, by some quirk of fate, the realms do not submit to the blackmail, he has gathered enough numbers to win a full-blown war. Many years of his life had been spent visiting with monsters and the dark creatures of the night and many of those creatures were not hesitant to submit to his will and pledge their fealty to him. Now, he broods in his fortress, plotting war and laughing silently at the chaos he is about to let loose.

His full backstory is going to be posted shortly. Hold your horses. This is a quick summary and I’ll post the link in when I’m done.

Roleplay Example***:

Any notes about your characters:
OKAY! PAY ATTENTION HERE! THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART!
Notice that I have not submitted a Roleplay example. There was some disagreement about the ‘owner’ of the Shadow and I have come to a decision. We’re going to have a little contest. Whoever can submit the best RP example for the Shadow can Roleplay as him. I will decide the winners. Please post your entries as replies to this. I'd rather keep them all in one place as well as have the other people entering the contest be able to view the other entries.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST   THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I am working on creating a weapon fit for our villain...it will be similar to the sword labeled 1 in the following link...but I hand draw every piece.... so the actual image wont be up for a while...it takes several hours to do each draft of a weapon and each weapon has several drafts...color scheme takes a day or so...names take some time too...it might be done in a week...

NOTE* this is NOT my own work...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Ness99

PostSubject: Re: THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST   THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Here we go:

I sit down in my throne, crossing my legs. Not feeling particularly nice I ordered for something to be sent down into my throne room. A baby dragon, not large enough to even be a few months. "Are you going to kill me?" I smile evilly. "No. But this will." I shoot a large blast of fire at the young creature, burning it to ash. "Fool." I shake my head and rest my chin in the back of my hand. I hear a bell sound. "Intruders. This is going to be fun." I stand up and walk out the room. I see the intruders being dragged to me by a dragon. "Let us go!" "Or we will fight back." I grin evilly. "Is that so? Well do your best." They continue to struggle. "No? Well, my turn." I take my sword from my side and stab it through one of their heads. Then I kick the other one in the chest, knocking him over. I put my foot down in him and press down. "This will teach you not to trespass in my domain." His rib cage begins to break underneath my foot and he begins to cough up blood. I press down harder, cutting off his air and killing him.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST   THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:09 pm

The throne room was dark and sinister.Torches hung in brackets held up by statues lining the wall. There were several rumors flooding around the Kingdom of how those statues came to be. The most popular of these were they were once enemies of the Shadow. Shadow clenched his hands resting on the throne. The throne was carved out of black onix with little rivers cut into it. The desine gave the throne a twisted and sinister look. If Shadow used his powers on the throne, liquid fire would fill the rivers and give it a much more evil look. Shadow liked this look very much and that is why he chose to invoke the look now.
Fear radiated off the soldiers that Shadow had sent off six months ago to find a sword. Any easy task right? Wrong. Thease bafoons couldn't manage to find such a simple thing. But when they did catch up to the sword and the wielder more than ¾ths of the platoon had been eliminated.

"Say. It. Again. This time slowly." Shadow's voice was laced with venom. The Shadow stood reviling his massive height of 7'4'.' His eyes shone like black pits in his pale face. In the dimly lit room it seemed to shine drawing all eyes to the white face. You could see they graying roots of his hair, that was the only indicator of his age. A silver earning swung from his left ear, back and forth almost like a pendulum.

The captain trembled on his knees infront of the dais that held the throne. "We caught up to them, your Highness. The two women one with black hair the other brown. We surrounded them then demanded the Demon Sword. The black haired woman laughed then she turned to her companion and said 'Hanna, they want the sword.' Then the brown haired woman, Hanna, said 'well lets give them the sword.
Then the black haired woman caught on fire. Master, she turned into the sword."

At the end the Captain fell quite. Shadow stood, his robe billowing about him, like possesd smoke. A figure was materializing infront of the Captain, a dragon.The dragon's massive head swung side to side as if calculating how many people he could eat before he got in trouble with the Dark King. The Ivory talons clicked on the floor carved of black stone. The scales a pale grey that shone like metallic smoke.
"Feast," Shadow said then watched the Captain get torn limb from limb as he was devoured raw by a dragon

Last edited by wolf_knight on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST   THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:18 pm

The Shadow King, the Shadow, The Bringer of the Final Sleep, Death’s Master, the Lord of the Dead, the Dark Lord, the Fallen One…He has many names, and though few beings know all of his names…all beings know at least a few…and it is best to say them none too loudly…but he has one name…that no one knows…

Amkral Nightwalker…was like an elf once…once…but no more. His tampering with the darker side of the earth’s magic twisted him…changed him… into part of what he is now…the rest of his transformation came from within his black soul.

Rumors say he was once a decent Legacy…that once, long ago, he was a fierce warrior and protector of the Five Realms… a Champion of Justice and Bringer of Peace…but that was long, long, ago, long before he “fell”. The only records of his previous life have been burned to ash and those ashes scattered across all parts of the seas of Paludem. Any who remembered the Shadow King’s original purpose are long dead, and not of natural causes, but you won’t find records of them either. The ashes of the records were scattered to the winds above Scopulous and the ashes of their bodies lost in the mountains of Lapidem. The Shadow King’s hometown in Sylvia has long since been ground to dust by Golems and his personal servants, the Night Walkers, or Walkers as most refer to them as in their nightmarish tales.

The Shadow King, Lord of all he sees and more…Death fears him, and all the monsters of our nightmares seem no more significant than gnats are to a dragon when compared to the Dark Lord.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ssssire, we have brought him before you, ssssire…jussst like you asssked usss to do…I hope my lord isss pleasssed with usss.” The goblin trembled as he lay prostrate before a black throne.

The Shadow King rose and looked at the human that had been brought before him, bound, gagged, and blind folded…the human was from one of the outlying villages in Caligo…an escapee…of sorts…

“HUMAN. Do you know who I am?” The Shadow King asked, his voice smooth as silk and as deadly as the plague.

The prisoner trembled like and aspen leaf caught in a mid-summers’ gale, but did not respond.

“Being brave, are we? You are not the first to try that. Many others been brought before me and many others died for their insolent silence…I believe your brother was one of them. Hmmm…now, what was that worm’s name?” The Shadow King pretended to think hard to himself as the prisoner glared in fury at the stone floor, not willing to meet his captor’s eyes. “Oh, that’s right!” He snapped his fingers and laughed as though he’d remember something long forgotten. “Your brother’s name was…Jacob…Jacob Farkin…” The Shadow King watched with amusement as the prisoner before him strained against his restraints and howled in grief fueled rage. “Your brother was stronger than most. Most people succumb to the Pit in a few minutes. He lasted five…perhaps we should see how long you last?” The Shadow King laughed maniacally. The human screamed as he was dragged off by his guards…the screaming continued until one of the guards became annoyed with the “human’s ‘noise’ “ that he clubbed the human over the head with the handle of his axe.

John Farkin was 24, had a wife and three young children. He had gone out hunting a few days ago and never returned home. The reason for his not returning? He happened to stumble across a convey of the Shadow’s soldiers moving artillery, weapons, and gear, along with several platoons of mounted units and infantry…all of it moving towards the other realms…all of it a preparation for all-out war…needless to say, he could not be allowed to escape…

John Farkin was unceremoniously dumped unconscious into “The Pit” and when he awoke his head pounded as though a thousand elephants were stampeding through it and trumpeting all the while. He shook his head slowly trying to clear it, but all it got him was more pain. He gave up trying and looked around at what he thought was his “new prison cell”.

“WELCOME TO THE PIT, HUMAN. “ The Shadow King’s omnipresent voice echoed from everywhere and nowhere all at once. “ENJOY YOUR STAY…BECAUSE YOU ONLY GET ONE!”

John looked up trying to find the source of the voice. All he saw was that the walls of the pit he was in were ridiculously high, several hundred feet high in fact. He mopped his sweating brow and froze. His feet felt strange…almost as though they were…on fire…He looked down, and to his horror, the stone floor upon which he stood was beginning to turn red hot and had started to bubble in some places…John frantically began searching the walls for any sign of a way out. For several terrifying moments he thought that there was no way out of the Pit until he discovered some handholds that seemed to have been dug all the way up the side of the Pit. He immediately began to climb frantically as the ground below began to turn molten and started to rise slowly towards him. The thought that such an escape might be too easy never once crossed his mind…the thought that something was not quite right hadn’t yet set off an alarm in his head…

A quarter of the way up the side of the pit, John noticed something odd, his hands felt hot. He looked down and saw the lava had risen at least ten feet up from the floor of the pit, but he was at least fifty or so feet up, so it couldn’t be the lava. He felt his feet burning as well. He began to sweat profusely and climbed even faster. Something was wrong…very, very wrong. The hand holds he was using had begun to melt into molten rock…with his hands and feet still in them…

He screamed and was about to pull his hands out of the melting rock but realized that if he did that he’d fall off the side of the Pit and into the lava below. He tried to climb faster towards the top of the Pit, but it seemed that the faster he climbed the faster the rock melted. His shoes had burnt off and his gloves were on fire. He was screaming like a wounded rabbit trapped between two red hot slabs of stone as he watched the flesh from his fingers and toes char and fall away into the lava below.

The Shadow King stood at the edge of the pit with a slightly bored expression on his face watching the entire scene. John Farkin shrieked again and finally let go of the burning rock and fell, still screaming, into the lava below and all traces of his body were gone in seconds upon hitting the molten rock. The Shadow King yawned and snapped his fingers. The lava began to gurgle and once again sink below the floor of the Pit, and the glowing hand hold solidified back into cold, hard, stone. That done, he turned away from the pit and looked at one of the Goblin guards that had escorted the prisoner to the Pit, “Yes? What do you want?” The Shadow King said impatiently.

‘Sssir? Isss it true that hisss brother only lasssted five minutesss in the Pit, Sssir?”

The Shadow King laughed and the entire cavern trembled with the power of his voice.

“Silly Goblin, I LIED to the stupid human…L…I…E…D. LIED. His brother lasted LONGER than this wretch did…This idiot was boring…he didn’t do very much. Most people lose their minds, they scream, they pray, they cry, they run in circles like stupid little rats in a cage…Him? He did none of those…so I simply sped things up…he was no fun, you see.One of the perks of being a Fire Legacy is that you don't have to go to the fire...you can MAKE it come to YOU.” He grinned malevolently and snapped his fingers watching some flames dance across his finger tips then, with but a thought, he banished the fire. The Shadow King looked directly at the hapless Goblin guard.

“Now, if you are through asking ridiculous question, go fetch me another white worm from the dungeons…maybe the next one will be more entertaining?” With those words, the Shadow King gave an absentminded wave shooing the Goblin off to collect another poor soul from the dank dungeons for his own personal entertainment.

This is the Shadow King. And the Pit is his form of personal entertainment. He is the monster that haunts the creatures of our nightmares. He is the creature that death has yet to claim. He is the Fallen One…he was once one of us…now, in his mind, there is only him and him alone. He is the Shadow King, and he is ready to make his war on the Five Realms.
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Wrathanet's submission (sorry it's so late!)   THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:46 am

The long, pitch black hallway was silent except for the echo of a guard's boots reverberating off of the obsidian walls. The prisoner in his hand, blindfolded and clothed in decaying rags, slowly stumbled foreward. The prisoner was the more fortunate of the pair, for he could not behold the terror he was about to face.

As they approached the throne room, the sound of footsteps was overtaken by the hiss and crackle of liquid stone. As they passed two waterfalls of magma, the sweltering heat made the guard feel as if he was broiling inside if his armor. But, the guard made every effort to show no emotion. They were in the presence of the Shadow, and the Shadow tolerated no cowardice.

The walls of the throne room were jagged and sharp, and their black glass shone like a flashing blade. A few scattered tapestries, black flames on red, proclaimed what everyone in fortress already knew: the Shadow ruled over all. More colums of molten rock fell from the ceiling into pits below the courtroom, occasionally splattering the floor around them and cooling with a deadly hiss. Rising out of the floor, like a monstrous black volcano pushing up from the depths of the earth, was the throne. It's jagged peaks and glossy slopes seethed with death and malevolence. But not half as strongly as the one sitting upon it.

The guard, shaking, kneeled before the throne, and pushed the prisoner downward so that he was forced to do the same. The guard stammered, "M'lord, is this the prisoner you desired?"

The Shadow's pale eyes gazed downward with disgust at the guard. "I don't know, is he? If you wish to remain a gaoler, I should hope that you would remember the names of those under your control."

As the guard tried to apologize, the Shadow stood from his throne. He slowly descended the stairs in front of his throne, each step landing heavily upon the stone. The Shadow walked to where the prisoner knelt, and tore the blindfold from his face. The prisoner's eyes grew wide as pits, and his mouth was held shut by fear.

"You told me that you had recently seen the amulet.", the Shadow began, "Of course I didn't believe you at first, but your description of the artifact was surprisingly accurate." The Shadow bent over and grabbed the prisoner by the jaw, lifting his head and forcing him to see the hatred in his captor's eyes. "Your mistake was how much I value your pathetic life. You truly thought that you could use the amulet to extort me?" The Shadow paused. "Fortunately for you, whelp, my treasuries are vast, and filled to the brim.

The prisoner's eyes were filled with a cautions hope.

"However, my coffers are filled with nothing but agony and death." The Shadow released his grip on the man's face, and then smacked it with the back of his hand. "YOU WILL TELL ME WHERE THE AMULET IS, OR YOUR LIFE WILL BECOME THE EMBODIMENT OF PAIN!"

The guard saw the Shadow's eyes darken. He stood up to leave, and broke into a run. Before he could reach the door, the shadow raised his hand, and a pillar of lava crashed through the roof of the chamber, splashing across the floor and blocking the exit. The Shadow lowered his arm.

The shadow, temporarily distracted, paced over to the guard. "And where do you think you're going?"

The guard could only manage to bow down on his knees and cower. The shadow brought his arm up from his side, lifting it parallel to the ground. A thin trickle of lava floated into the Shadow's hand, crystalizing into a deadly blade. In a flash, the blade pierced through the guard's hauberk, and he collapsed, sputtering, to the ground. The Shadow turnned back towards his captive.

"Now, where was I?"

Last edited by Wrathanet on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Minor grammar fixes)
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST   THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 pm

It was a clear evening, too peaceful to belong in the forsaken realm. The stars glittered coldly in the indigo sky, cruel reminders that freedom lay elsewhere in place far away. There was not a cloud in sight and a faint breeze stirred the hot air. Far away, so far that most people living at the foot of the fortress that dominated the landscape did not hear, a bird sang. It stopped almost at once, as if it sensed that any sign joy was dangerous in this place. People shuffled along the dusty streets, heads bowed and eyes lowered. The eyes of the guards, standing in the shadows, followed the movement. Once, they had belonged to these people. But at some time or another, each had been called by The Shadow for a higher duty and there had been no choice but to become the cold, detached men that they were now. Once, they would have helped instigate a rebellion. Now they slaughtered the children who dared to hope.

High above the sprawl of the pathetic excuse for a town, Amkral was standing in the southern tower. It was the highest tower and he had come unaccompanied by his guard. Not that he needed guards to begin with, but it was a traditional idea that only seemed to reinforce the fact that he reigned supreme. It was a shame, really. Constantly accompanied by a bunch of idiots who were too scared to sneeze in his presence was extremely irritating as well as satisfying. Satisfying because it just proved that even the so-called bravest in the realm were terrified of him and irritating because of their terror. Terror made them stupid, clumsy, bumbling, even absent-minded at times. Humans were shallow creatures, stupid and slow, unlike the Elvin people that he was descended from. At that thought, he snorted with contempt. The Elves had been stronger in their dawn. Only he remained from those glory days, the strongest of them all.

Amkral absently ran a hand through his dark gray hair. There was another reason he had come alone. The hot air was stirred by gentle breeze, almost like a caress, and the ancient soul bowed his head. Today marked the beginning of summer. Even though the years were starting to blur together in his mind, he could still remember the lively Elf with shining, golden eyes. Golden-Eyes; his half-sister. She had been born on the first day of this season all those years ago. He rarely showed emotion other than anger, but sadness shadowed his eyes now. It was his fault she had died; that arrow had been intended for him. Her death was his fault. No, that wasn't right. His face contorted into an expression of bitter fury. It was the humans' fault. Sniveling weaklings, power-hungry wannabes, they were forever causing trouble.

Since her death, Amkral had gone from good to bad, from bad to worse, and from worse to evil. Bitterness, anger, pain, and an inhuman lust for revenge had twisted his character into what he was now. He was no longer Amkral Night-Walker. He was The Shadow. He was hated and feared, but fear outweighed the hate. A cold, cruel smile twisted his mouth. He was the most feared and most powerful being in all the realms. He had pushed himself to the boundaries of endurance and survived. He had accomplished the impossible. And he was so close to triumph... If his plans went accordingly, the all realms would soon be his. If everything went right, there would be peace, cooperation, harmony. If they could only put their differences aside and be one!

The Shadow sighed. He ought to be getting back. There were some prisoners that he needed to interrogate about the amulet personally. At the thought of the amulet, a cruel smile twisted his lips. A wizard that he had captured a few years ago had had the good grace to tell him of it, and since then, he had decided that its presence in the realms could not be tolerated. That much power… Despite himself, he shivered; it was too dangerous to have around. So far, he knew only that it existed, but that was not nearly enough to aid him in tracking the accursed thing down. Blast it all. He aimed to bring the realms together, not destroy them. If only the people would see that! So what if the price was his ruling over all the realms in the end? In the end, it would be worth it. Unfortunately, the carrier of the amulet didn’t seem to agree.

A few minutes later, The Shadow was down in the dungeons of the fortress, facing three prisoners with faces that were warped with terror. A grain of satisfaction lit in his eyes, but he showed only contempt on his face. He turned to the dungeon keeper with a look of infinite coldness.

“Begin,” he hissed, voice dripping with venom.

The man bowed his head. Over the piercing screams and sobs of the three, The Shadow questioned them in a soft, deadly voice. The man doing the actual torturing never faltered or wavered at his gruesome task, and The Shadow did not tell him too. Only when their sanity was on the brink of crumbling and their bodies rendered useless did he raise a hand. The man stepped back. They were of no good to him now. There was nothing left to do… except…

With a kind of fierce and frenzied joy, white-hot flames erupted in front of him. One of the prisoners whimpered, but he paid no heed. Slowly, the made the flames advance towards them, a burning wall of deadly heat. The death screams brought a twisted smile to his face. He had learned what he had needed to and their time in the mortal world was finished.

ooc: Because everyone was making him out to be nothing except infinite evil and hate, I decided to show another side of him as well that might have gone overlooked...

Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST   THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE SHADOW WRITING CONTEST
Page 1 of 1