Dark Fantasy Mania

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Quest Idea

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Seer
The Seer

My Quest Idea Empty
PostSubject: My Quest Idea   My Quest Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Wolfie and I are starting a quest. It will be about this orb, somehow it gets in trouble. The orb is so powerful, it keeps the elements parted, and the species in peace. If it was in the wrong hands, the world could literally end. First of all, we need one more quest member.

_________
Mason-11-Male/Father Sky Seerius Cut-17-Female/Legacy of Water
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faerie Apollo

Faerie Apollo

My Quest Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Quest Idea   My Quest Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Troian will do it but warning she stubborn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flash
Admin
Flash

My Quest Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Quest Idea   My Quest Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 am

Then the essential, I just want to get these down before I forget or something...

Who has the orb?
I think that the Shadow should have it; so in the realm of Caligo.

Why do we need it now?
Still thinking on that, but I think that the Shadow should be preparing for war and with the Orb in his possession, his victory is almost certainly assured.

But what is the Orb and why has it been lost?
Before the Orb entered into the Shadow's hands, it was kept safe under the dwarfish lands of Scopulous. But why was it there to begin with? In the early days of the making of the five realms, when Endar still stood proud, there was much discontent between the different races. Because of this, there was a council held in Sylvia where representatives of each race were present. There, under the light of a full moon, they worked a great magic that the likes of the land has never seen since. At the end of the night, the Orb had been created with the aim of creating lasting peace. Because the land the dwarves inhabited was such that no enemies would be able to penetrate, it fell to them to protect and defend it. The little smiths took this trust seriously and carved a new tunnel to the very heart of their lands in secret. In a quite chamber, the orb was placed with guards at the entrance. Unfortunately, the chamber that the Orb was safely kept in was vulnerable to forces outside of the control of the dwarves. A mine shaft connecting the chamber collapsed, killing several dwarves in the process and leaving the Orb alone and isolated. For many years, it remained there, gathering dust and waiting. As it was, with the tunnels leading to the precious Orb that they had sworn to protect closed off, they slowly began to forget it existed. The only thing left on their minds was a dark stain for the deaths of the kindred and a last, lingering memory of power. Even the memory of it began to seep from the minds of the races for it had been many years since the Orb had been seen, even if its magic was still strong...

But there was someone who did remember the Orb and that someone was determined to recover it. The Shadow. Elven by race, fire Legacy by birth, and wizard by practice, the Shadow was and is, perhaps with the one exception, the most powerful being in all the realms. While his body does not noticeably age, his mind is as old as the hills. He was the Legacy for fire that was present at the council on that strange night when all seemed to change for the better. The Shadow, for his real name had long been forgotten, was still just a Legacy constantly on the move then, but would not remain so for long. Disguising himself to be one of the traders that frequented the dwarf lands, he entered the tunnels. It took him less than an hour to locate the position of the Orb and the collapsed tunnel that had never been rebuilt was nothing less than a dead giveaway. Using his powers, he restored the tunnel, but demanded the Orb in payment. The dwarves had long forgotten their promise and what the Orb stood for and were happy to give it to the stranger... All save for one, a lone voice that was quickly silenced and forgotten. The Orb now his, the Shadow retreated from Scopulous to Caligo. In those days, Endar still stood proud. It was there that he learned it's secrets and began to corrupt it for his own use. Ah, but the fall of Endar came only shortly after his arrival and the realm was plunged into chaos. That chaos was all he needed to take the realm for his own. Today it still exists, a land of mist and fading memories; a land of terror and defeat.

And why is it needed now?
The Orb is a highly magical object and, if used wrongly, it has the potential to destroy the entirety of the realms. Through his studies of the Orb, the Shadow learned of this and it's other more mystical properties. Not even he had known what magic that he and his fellows at the council were working on that night, but at last the secret was revealed to him. Armed with this knowledge, he intends to use the Orb to gain control of the realms and, if necessary, war will be waged and the realms destroyed while they try in vain to defend themselves. No one knows exactly how the Orb works and neither does the Shadow, and that is the biggest danger. It's like a time bomb in the hands of an evil two-year-old.

_________
Lyra Clear-Waters - 18 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: Leave Out All The Rest ~ Linkin Park
Anatkah - 50, looks fifteen - Dryad
Merthissa - 53, looks older - Human Wizard - Adriele the Screech Owl - Theme Song: "Not Strong Enough" ~ Apocalyptica
Gaelgathor "Gael" - 23 - Werewolf of Human Descent - Theme Song: Iridescent ~ Linkin Park
Alrog - 78 - Half Dwarf - Theme Song: All I Want ~ A Day To Remember
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://fantasyworldmania.forumotion.com
GavinP
GavinP

My Quest Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Quest Idea   My Quest Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Gavin can do it since he's already in Caligo and trying to escape Smile plus he needs something to do in Caligo since he's then only one there...

_________
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

My Quest Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Quest Idea   My Quest Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Idk, i might send Justinian Ravenclaw or might just make another character to go with you all, but it sounds fun...i'd like to join...

_________
Erin Wolf - 27 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Justinian Ravenclaw - 19 - Human

Kazaryl the Silver Serpent - 120 - Dragon

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

Elhren Grisshem - 14 - Half Elf

The Shadow King - thousands of years old? - Legacy of Fire

Kypler Flammarus- 46 - Elf/Sorcerer

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin
Flash

My Quest Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Quest Idea   My Quest Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Please do! My character who Mason had in mind is a DRYAD! For those of you who are unfamiliar with why this is significant, dryads are tree spirits who are tied to the tree which they inhabit. Going too far away from her tree would kill her.

_________
Lyra Clear-Waters - 18 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: Leave Out All The Rest ~ Linkin Park
Anatkah - 50, looks fifteen - Dryad
Merthissa - 53, looks older - Human Wizard - Adriele the Screech Owl - Theme Song: "Not Strong Enough" ~ Apocalyptica
Gaelgathor "Gael" - 23 - Werewolf of Human Descent - Theme Song: Iridescent ~ Linkin Park
Alrog - 78 - Half Dwarf - Theme Song: All I Want ~ A Day To Remember
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://fantasyworldmania.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

My Quest Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Quest Idea   My Quest Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Quest Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: Rules :: Out Of Character Talk-
Jump to: