Dark Fantasy Mania

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescue Mission

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

Rescue Mission  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Unconsciously, her fingers squeezed Erin's tightly and she moved closer to him, eyes huge in the blackness that threatened to engulf her.

Erin felt her grip tighten as the traveled through the narrow corridors and he squeezed her hand back. She's afraid of tight spaces... he thought to himself.

When they reached the stairs she led the way down, and all the while the warrior stayed close to her, his grip on her hand never loosening. When the stairs ended at the ground floor, Erin led hear out of the inn and across the street to a small building.

"This place has some of the best food for miles." Erin began. "I suggest trying their apple danish, " he grinned, " seeing as you seem to like apples so much." And with that, Erin tossed her another apple he'd had in his cloak. "Here, catch!" The warrior stepped forward then and held the door as he ushered her into the small, homey shop. It smelled of trees and woods, A few small candles were burning and a elderly man and his two grandchildren, one a young boy and his older sister, stood behind the counter waving to Erin with a smile.

"Well, the fella decided to stop by our shop again! How nice. AND he found himself a lady friend. What's her name, Wolf? She's looks like a some elven princess from the woodlands!" The old man rushed forward and seated Lyra. "Dear child, let's get some food into you. That' man's got no sense in treating a fine woman such as yourself like this. " The elder called to the children and in moments a two plates of food were brought out. Everything from fruits to danishes, even meats, cheeses and breads were placed before Lyra. Erin smiled.

"Good to see you too Jeremiah. This, " Erin made a sweeping gesture and bow towards Lyra, "Is Lyra Clear-Waters."

_________
Erin Wolf - 27 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Justinian Ravenclaw - 19 - Human

Kazaryl the Silver Serpent - 120 - Dragon

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

Elhren Grisshem - 14 - Half Elf

The Shadow King - thousands of years old? - Legacy of Fire

Kypler Flammarus- 46 - Elf/Sorcerer

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Lyra loosened up as soon as they were back outside. She hated small spaces; she hated feeling confined. It wasn't that she simply hated to be confined, she hated being trapped. She wasn't the kind who had to constantly be in control, but she was the kind who needed a sky above her head and earth under her feet. Anything else felt like a prison to her. Too many times had she learned to stay in places where one had easy access to an escape route, for anything else was almost certainly a recipe for disaster. There was only one time when she had been captured, and that was when she was twelve. She had been taken by surprise, and had not been able to run fast enough to outrun the horses the men rode. An iron arrow to the shoulder had felled her, and while the wound had been treated to make sure she stayed alive, she had been forced into a small wooden cage for transport. The scar that that nightmare had left upon her had never fully gone away, leaving her terrified of being confined like that again... With nowhere to hide, and nowhere to run.

"This place has some of the best food for miles," Erin began as he took the lead and lead her outside and across the road to a small shop. She broke into a trot to keep up with him, his strides being much longer than hers. "I suggest trying their apple danish." He grinned at her, a twinkle in his eye, "seeing as you seem to like apples so much."

"I do?" Lyra replied innocently, widening her eyes as if in surprise. "Who told you that I liked apples?" She winked at him, her mask of surprise dropping almost instantly as her face broke into a grin.

With that, Erin tossed her an apple he'd had in his cloak. "Here, catch!"

Lyra raised her hand automatically, arm coming up in a graceful curve to catch the apple with deft fingers. "Oh my gosh, how many of these do you have?" she demanded with a laugh. "I need to start calling you 'Apple' instead of 'Wolf.'"

Still grinning, she followed him as
the warrior stepped forward then, and held the door for her as he ushered her into the small, homey shop.

"Thanks," she murmured, stepping to the side to let him follow her. She didn't really know what to think, never having had anyone open a door for her before. Was it just something he did or did it mean something else? She shook that thought away as quickly as it came, blinking her eyes rapidly to adjust to the lighting, which was only slightly dimmer than the light outside. It was lit with the warm light of several candles burning brightly, and despite the fact that it was small she felt ave with Erin next to her. She looked around, and saw an elderly man with two small children standing behind the counter, probably grandchildren though she couldn't be certain. They were smiling warmly, and their eyes were fixed delightedly on the man standing next to her.

"Well, the fella decided to stop by our shop again! How nice, and he found himself a lady friend. What's her name, Wolf? She's looks like a some Elven princess from the woodlands!"

Lyra felt herself go pink, and looked up at Erin. She rolled her eyes at him, hoping that the elderly gentleman would miss the gesture; he seemed very nice.

The old man rushed forward and ushered her to a seat, and she hesitantly allowed herself to be guided to a carved wooden table with two stools standing on opposite sides. She sat, brushing her fingers against the wood which had been worn smooth from countless other people's presences. The wood was warm to the touch, but maybe that was just the fire within. Lyra looked over to Erin, lifting an eyebrow at him, but not really displeased.

"Dear child," the man fussed, "let's get some food into you. That man's got no sense in treating a fine woman such as yourself like this." The elder called to the children, and in moments two plates of food were brought out. Everything from fruits to danishes, even meats, cheeses and breads were placed before Lyra. Erin smiled, though it looked more like a smirk to her.

"Good to see you too, Jeremiah. This, " Erin made a sweeping gesture and bow towards Lyra, "Is Lyra Clear-Waters."

She smiled at Jeremiah. "Thank you so much for your kindness, good father. We and our companions have spent many weeks in rough travel, and it is a wonderful change to be treated with such hospitality." She turned big brown eyes onto the warrior, who was still standing and grinning next to the edge of the table. While she loved to see him smiling, it felt awkward to her to be treated as if she was someone who mattered. "And Erin," Lyra said to the warrior. "Please don't bow to me for starters and would you please take a seat? You've got bees for brains if you think I can eat even half of this alone." She paused for a moment, thinking. "Actually, that's an insult to bees." She smiled at him, clearly teasing. Please? her eyes asked him silently.

ooc: Don't go overboard on a reply! I just had time to kill and wrote a lot. Very Happy

_________
Lyra Clear-Waters - 18 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: Leave Out All The Rest ~ Linkin Park
Anatkah - 50, looks fifteen - Dryad
Merthissa - 53, looks older - Human Wizard - Adriele the Screech Owl - Theme Song: "Not Strong Enough" ~ Apocalyptica
Gaelgathor "Gael" - 23 - Werewolf of Human Descent - Theme Song: Iridescent ~ Linkin Park
Alrog - 78 - Half Dwarf - Theme Song: All I Want ~ A Day To Remember
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantasyworldmania.forumotion.com
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:26 am

Dante lay on the floor with a thin blanket covering his body. His head pillowed in the crook of his arm. His dark eyebrows were scrunched up in a look of pain. But the strange thing about him was he wasn't breathing. An unnatural quality in any creature. Then his eyes flicked open taking in the world around him. His head ached like some one was sawing at it from the inside of his skull. His dark green eyes flicked to the corners of the room as if expecting some one. Nobody, save Jennifer and the two piles of rumpled blankets that had belonged to Erin and Lyra. Dante sighed and ran his hand through his hair causing it to stand on end. A sign of stress in his mortal years. But now, times have changed and he had changed... physically and mentally. The vampire looked at Jennifer and sighed. The young vampire heiress slept soundly her silver fanned out around her. Dante pushes himself up onto his feet. Then he went down the hallway, then down the wide twisting stair case, and into the dining hall. He saw Lyra being loaded up with food.
"Mornin'" He said stopping behind Erin looking over his shoulder at her giant mountain of food.
"Better help her Erin, that of fetch Shadow."
He bent down and tied the laces of his boots, his lips twitching with a grin.
Then he stood and went out the doors. Across the street his sword stood , stabbed several feet into an oak tree. Several towns people had gathered trying to pull it out of the massive oak. Dante marched forward and the crowd seemed to separate like water and oil. With relative ease he pulled it out of the tree and went back inside listening to the murmurs of,
"How did he do that?"
"Ronald couldn't-"

_________
Knight's Characters:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:16 pm

"And Erin," Lyra said to the warrior. "Please don't bow to me for starters and would you please take a seat? You've got bees for brains if you think I can eat even half of this alone." She paused for a moment, thinking. "Actually, that's an insult to bees." She smiled at him, clearly teasing. Please? her eyes asked him silently.

Erin sat next to Lyra and laughed. It was a lighthearted laugh that seemed to carry far despite it having not been all that loud. "As you wish," was the warrior's reply and with that his roughened hands reached forth to pull some fruit from the pile. Unfortunately, the orange he'd pulled happened to destabilize the entire pyramid of fruit before him. "What the?" Before he knew it, he had a mini mountain of fruit falling towards him... He scooted his chair back and dropped into a fighter's stance and his hands moved like lightning, snatching fruit from the air before it hit the floor in a mushy mess. He tossed each piece of fruit he caught up into the air above him, and every time they became to many to manage/keep track of, he'd skewer them with a hurled long knife. A moment later the mad rush of fruit stopped.

"Well...that's one way of getting breakfast..." Erin grinned and retrieved his knife and the skewered fruit from the wall. He looked at the fruit. "Perhaps I should've though this through," He glanced at his fruit stained shirt... "I'm SURE that'll come out in the wash, " He rolled his eyes and grinned at Lyra. "Oops."

Erin sat back down with his fruit covered shirt and the long knife. "Sooo. Anyone like fruit?" Erin reached forward, carefully avoiding the other tray of fruit and grabbed a danish instead.

"So Lyra, I was thinking..." He finished his danish and wiped his mouth with a napkin and set it aside on the worn table. "How would you like to travel south with me? I've got a friend to meet in Sylvia...A forest might be a nice change compared to the snow and marshes...So, what do you say? Perhaps we'll even have a peaceful trip this time?" Wolf joked, but you could tell that he seemed uncharacteristically hopeful.

_________
Erin Wolf - 27 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:21 pm

"You bunny!" Lyra cried, rising slightly as fruit rolled over the table. She grabbed the few pieces that had rolled towards her and rearranged them so that they wouldn't fall again. "Very smooth, Wolf," she said with a grin. "Very smooth." She reached over and took the knife from his hand, gave it a good look over, and rolled her eyes at him. "You really did have to kill them, didn't you?" she asked him, sounding amused. She handed the knife back to him, shaking her head with a quirky grin on her face.

The Elf rolled her eyes at the townspeople's sounds of awe from outside. Lyra smirked slightly at Dante through the window. She wasn't sure if he was showing off or what, but she thought it was hilarious how he had turned into the town hero overnight. Not that she was complaining, but she was infinitely confused about how he had managed to survive her blasting him. Being a vampire made him all the more vulnerable to the element. Instead, he had only lost consciousness for a few moments and his hair had changed to a near white silver color. She didn't understand...

"So Lyra, I was thinking..." Erin said after a few moment, looking slightly amused with himself after the near disaster with the fruit.

Her head swiveled to face him again, still looking amused. "You were thinking?" she asked him, widening her eyes in pretend surprise.

He finished his danish and wiped his mouth with a napkin and set it aside on the worn table. "How would you like to travel south with me? I've got a friend to meet in Sylvia... A forest might be a nice change compared to the snow and marshes... So, what do you say? Perhaps we'll even have a peaceful trip this time?" Wolf joked, but you could tell that he seemed uncharacteristically hopeful.

Lyra tried hard not to gape at him when he asked her the question. She blinked a few times, surprised, then got a grip on herself. Was that hope she detected in his voice? He wanted her to go with him? While she wanted to stay with him because she wanted to make sure that he stayed safe, she was also unsure about accepting his invitation. Too many bad things had happened to people because of her for her liking. However, it was either say "no" and maybe never see him again or say "yes" and put off the final moment of parting for a while yet. She didn't care why he wanted her to go along with him. She just wanted to stay with him.

"I'll come," she said, very seriously, after a slight pause. "We'll have to stick around here for a few days though," she said, giving him a critical look. "You spent a long time being held hostage by slavers; you can't just up and go at a moments notice. I hate to damage to little male ego," and here she grinned to try to lighten to mood, "but you're not strong enough, Erin. Take a few days off before hurling yourself out into the big bad world again."

_________
Lyra Clear-Waters - 18 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: Leave Out All The Rest ~ Linkin Park
Merthissa - 53, looks older - Human Wizard - Adriele the Screech Owl - Theme Song: "Not Strong Enough" ~ Apocalyptica
Gaelgathor "Gael" - 23 - Werewolf of Human Descent - Theme Song: Iridescent ~ Linkin Park
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Erin smiled. "Since when were elves concerned about the health of strange human warriors?" Erin chided her gently as he withdrew a small pouch of coins discreetly. Erin slipped the elder the entire bag, a single look cutting off any argument the man may have had. The warrior whispered, "You gave her a good time. Some coins are worth making people happy, Sir. Keep the coin and keep smiling old man. You do the world good with your actions. May these few coins be enough to reward you, for at least a while, for your kind actions." Erin then turned back to Lyra, "Well, shall I pack an apple or two for you?" Wolf joked as he grabbed a few apples and shoved them into his worn cloak, regardless of her answer.

Erin offered her his hand. "Back to the Inn?"

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:15 am

Erin smiled. "Since when were Elves concerned about the health of strange human warriors?" Erin chided her gently. While he spoke, he withdrew a small pouch of coins discreetly, but she noticed it anyway. The warrior slipped the elder the entire bag, giving him a sharp look that allowed no room for protesting. There was a brief whispered exchange before he looked back to her and Jeremiah moved on.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Lyra demanded, sounding. "You're still a person with a soul, and no matter how hard you present yourself to be you have a kind heart underneath your usual armor."

She knew that he wasn't really being serious and that she had likely reacted badly, but she hadn't expected him to say anything of the like. The Elf wasn't sure if he was belittling himself, poking fun at her, or just being the character he really was underneath all the metal. All the same, it had her confused. Likely, he was probably poking fun at her, and she felt bad for her reaction but there wasn't anything to do about it now.

"Well, shall I pack an apple or two for you?" Wolf asked, this time the grin across his face let her know that he was clearly joking as he grabbed a few apples and shoved them into his worn cloak. He seemed to be ignoring her answer to his previous question which suited her just fine, though she had meant every word that she had said.

"Aren't you a hasty one," Lyra observed, taking her cue and rising in one, swift fluid motion to her feet. She toyed with a lock of her hair and grimaced slightly to herself; she really needed to wash it. Erin's was no better, and she made a mental note to clean both of theirs before they left. The things that lived in one's hair if the owner didn't keep an eye on it could sometimes be more alarming than they would have originally thought. "We've barely been sitting down for five minutes." Her voice sounded amused at his haste.

Erin offered her his hand. "Back to the Inn?" he questioned.

Lyra took it without hesitation. For the second time in their lives, and that day, the Elf and the warrior clasped hands. "As you wish," was all she replied.

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Lyra took it without hesitation. For the second time in their lives, and that day, the Elf and the warrior clasped hands. "As you wish," was all she replied.

Erin and Lyra exited the small shop and stood in the street. The warrior saw Dante and waved him over. "Day-walker, these people have been kind to us...perhaps we should give them a bit of a show to thank them? Are you any good with that blade?" Erin smiled and slipped his hand from Lyra's. "Shall we dance, Dante Inferno, Day-walker, I challenge you to a contest to swordsmanship."

Erin drew Deathblade and awaited the day-walker's response. The warrior's blade shone brightly in the sun, like liquid moonlight, and the gems set into the gold hilt glittered like lost treasure. Erin's hair blew back in the wind and, though he wore no armor right now, he still seemed rather formidable. The only sign that he meant to harm was the gentle smile that played across his face and the fact that it seems the Elf girl had, for the moment, quenched his thirst for anger and blood. He seemed calm and at peace as the morning sun caused the shadows to lengthen and the day to warm. A meadowlark called from a nearby barn roof and the smell of the woods floated in from nearby. It was a beautiful day.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:17 am

Dante was in the middle of what he called sword meditation. He slid through motion after motion until he was interrupted from his trance with a
"Day-walker, these people have been kind to us...perhaps we should give them a bit of a show to thank them? Are you any good with that blade?" Erin smiled and slipped his hand from Lyra's. "Shall we dance, Dante Inferno, Day-walker, I challenge you to a contest to swordsmanship."
One of his green eyes snapped open, the iris around his pupil was still tinged with yellow. But is was starting to fade.
"Must you address me as Day-Walker? " He asked sliding into the next pose. "It is slightly annoying." He had chosen to abandon the black armor unless it was an emergency. His tunic flapped around him in the slight breeze, a pale green color with tiny stitches. "Didn't we recently have a conversation about habits involving setting me on fire and pointing weapons at me?"
His voice was amused.
Dante's sword was hand crafted by himself with an iron edge on one side and flecked with silver to warn off Shifters and Vampires a like. The medallion around his neck pulsed sucking in the harmful effects of the metals. But he was impressed by Erin who had no knowledge of Dante's actual age. So for all Erin knew Dante could be hundreds of years old (and could have perfected the art of sword play long ago) but stuck in an 17 year old body.
Opening his other eye, Dante relaxed into a classic defense position, "Ready when you are Wolf."

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Erin glanced at the vampire. He knew that they were often a lot older than they looked. Dante likely had a lot more experience with a sword...but Erin had to learn how to fight people with more experience...else, he'd be dead long ago...He had his tricks too.

Erin's hand and a half sword glittered in the morning light. The warrior appeared to be totally relaxed but in truth, his body was tense like a coiled spring ready to lash out.

"Make your move Dante." Wolf's voice was gentle, but serious. "Let's give them a show to remember, eh?" With that, Erin twirled his blade with a flourish and awaited the attack.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 am

"Make your move Dante." Wolf's voice was gentle, but serious. "Let's give them a show to remember, eh?" With that, Erin twirled his blade with a flourish and awaited the attack.

Dante could do several different strikes. He considered each one in milliseconds before taking a step to the left. Dante hadn't done sword play for a long time... so at first he'd be a little rusty but he'd get faster and more elegant almost like a nobleman's sword fighting style.
"Do you want something from me if you win?" He asked right before he faked a blow to Erin's lower rib cage the twisting his sword away aiming at his chest... he wanted a feel of Erin's fighting style. So he'd go on the defense for a little bit before making his move.
Watch... predict... wait... strike...

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Erin shook his head. "I want nothing if I win." Then the vampire lunged forward, thrusting at the warrior's gut and then redirecting the point towards his chest. Erin decided to start simple.

Side step left, pivot on right foot to face the opponent

"Come now Dante, I am over HERE." A smile played across the warrior's lips. This vampire would know, when this was over, that Erin may not be the best swordsman...but then, a swordsman who was no good with a sword also usually never lived to see the next morn. Erin was still alive.

Then, like greased lightning, Erin's sword snaked forward towards the vampire's side.

Right foot steps forward, left hand/arm (yes, the sword's in his left hand right now) swings in a powerful left to right, diagonal upward slash.

"Come Dante, you must bend like reed and you will succeed, but stand still like a tree and dead you will be!" The warrior chanted, his voice deep and rolling, like a storm's distant thunder, powerful and dark, over the horizon still, but growing ever closer by the moment, preparing to unleash Thor's fury.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 pm

"I want nothing if I win."
Dante acknowledged what Erin said. He side stepped, blocked, and launched an attack. His face had fallen into a mask of infuriating calm. He ignored the Legacy's goading and proceeded to executed his movements in this dangerous dance. There is a reason in this universe we are not the same, because some are born with gifts that cannot be matched., and we below must bring them to their knees.
The vampire blocked flawlessly and seemed to waltz in time with the hidden beat of a predator.
His eyes narrowed at a sudden thought. But then he dismissed it. People were starting to gather, watching in aw, the sword fighters.

OCC- how long should one wait until an RP topic is considered inactive?

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:18 am

Lyra groaned and took a few steps back, disappearing slightly into the crowd. She hated to watch people fighting. Not only did she not she the point of it, but fighting for any reason had a very negative connotation for her. She associated it with death. However, the two dueling partners were both people that she considered friends, and she could not turn away. Resignedly, she stayed to wait it out. Each time the clash of Erin's steel met the silver-iron blade of Dante's weapon resonated, she had to force herself not to flinch.

Where was Jenny? She froze suddenly as the thought struck her. The Elf turned a full circle to look for the girl, but her height didn't allow her to see over the heads of the other taller folk that had crowded in to watch. How long had it been since she had last seen the vampire? Anxiously, she wove her way through the crowd, twisting her head from side to side. She was sure that she had seen her earlier, but where was she? Worry darkened Lyra's eyes, but when her brief search proved unsuccessful she turned back to the fight, hoping against hope that they wouldn't end up killing each other. Biting the inside of her bottom lip in nervous habit, she forced herself not to turn and walk away.

No, Lyra told herself stubbornly eyes enormous as she watched the combatants. They're both my friends, and I want to stay... If only to make sure that they're both still alive at the end.

ooc: I don't know... Which thread are you speaking of?
Shaya! Come back to us!

_________

Last edited by WolfGirl on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Italics)
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

Location : In a place where chocolate bunnies and vampires still exist

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 am

Jenny had frozen in time. Nothing had changed, her mind had just blacked out and her body had no choice but stiffen and stand there doing nothing like a statue. Jenny wasn't sure for how long she had blacked out, but it had probably been weeks. Her memories made her see flashbacks and for those few days or weeks she had been stuck in the past; in her mind. Jenny was still in the forest, she was lying near Ace, but the horse had moved to a shady area and fell asleep. The gelding had no instruction to move anywhere and it knew it couldn't stand in the middle of the road.

Jennifer's eyes shot open, she looked around, she was surrounded by darkness, but that actually comforted her. She got up with a start and looked at the direction that she thought they were heading, but the memories of her present life was a blur. Erin... Mission... Rescue... she thought. She put her hand on her temples and paced around slowly. Probably found him, she thought solemnly.

The vampire girl straightened her dress and moved towards Ace. She patted the horse and the it woke up slowly. "Good boy." she told the gelding. She mounted on the horse and told it to head back to the town. They road to the town quickly as they were both very rested. As she reached the town, she jumped off Ace and told him to wait outside the city. The horse neighed in what seemed like agreement. Jenny ran into the town and searched for her somewhat newly-made friends.

OOC: I WAS SUMMONED. o.O

_________
Jennifer (Jenny) Shadows- Vampire- 15
Seth Rodriguez- Elf- 23 looks 17

Scarlet Shadow's Characters:

Cat that knows how to make Gangam Style look cool:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:22 pm

Erin ceased talking, he focused on his swordsmanship and fighting prowess. This Dante was fast and strong, as vampires tended to be, and inhuman speed would give any vampire an edge over an ordinary human...but Erin was not an ordinary human. He was stronger and faster than any normal human. Not quite as fast as an elf, but he could hold his own against them, and had done so in the past. The warrior's blade flashed like liquid moonlight and his face was set and emotionless. His focus was needle-like and to the point. His left hand whipped an parried and danced. he was poetry in motion. His feet never sidestepped, his hand never wavered, and he never lost sight of his mission. Erin let the battle continue on like this for several moments until he decided to up the ante a little. Erin began to back-peddle til he had his back to a wall, and then, he crouched and leapt up the roof.

Now, he couldn't leap straight up. He was human, even if only just. It was an assisted leap. Erin had jumped up and twisted int he air, his sword dug into the wall, and using his momentum, the warrior swung up and around the blade, his feet planting firmly on the roof of the building. His eyes shone darkly and that seemingly inhuman edge was starting to play into his movements. Wolf flourished his Deathblade, the steel windmilled at his left, his right and then halted perpendicular to the ground. As Erin began to tap into his abilities, the changes began to affect him. His hair held tiny glowing embers, as though a volcano had spat flaming pumice into it. His face seemed to be in a sort of permanent shadow, and his eyes held a strange and fiery light in them, as though, they actually held miniature flames within. Erin smiled wolfishly. Battle was his domain, and even if he didn't defeat an opponent, he rarely lost. He also understood that leaving a lasting impression made his job easier. People her more likely to listen to you if they've heard tales of a man on fire able to leap across roof tops and battle vampires, all the while looking as though he was some agent from Hell come to wreak vengeance on the evil around him.

Erin Wolf was enjoying himself.

OOC: Glad to have you back Shay!

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Lyra moaned, hands moving up to grip her hair anxiously, eyes glued on Erin's dancing body. She couldn't find a better word, for he was clearly having too much fun to be locked in what she knew was battle. When he made the jump to the roof, she almost screamed. Never in a million years would she ever be able to pull such a trick off, Elf though she was. She just didn't take good enough care of herself to have much of a hope of reaching her full potential. Her life was a game of cat and mouse, and she played the mouse. Mice didn't have time to do anything but keep themselves alive, if only for another day. Eyes wide, she watched. The battle terrified her as much as it intrigued her, but not enough to keep her there. In the end, a few minutes later, she turned her back on the two and moved away, unable to take it any longer. She hated fighting.

As the Elf walked down the worn cobblestones, she felt an odd vibration. She stopped and looked around, the turned to face the southeast, the direction they had come from to find the town. What she saw made her almost squeal with delight. As it was, she gave a little jump and bolted forward.

"Jenny!" she cried, racing towards the horse and rider. By the time she reached them, Jennifer had dismounted Ace and was walking towards them. "Hey!" she said delightedly, skidding to a somewhat awkward stop in front of the girl. She didn't know Jenny very well, but she liked her and wanted to be friends if the would let her. "We missed you," she said sincerely after a moment. Puzzled, she asked her: "What happened to you?"

ooc: SHAYA!!!! *Tackle hugs I MISSED YOU!

_________
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Dante Watched Erin leap and dance. His pale face watched the moves, tracing Erin's actions with his eyes. Dante still felt ill from his encounter with the strange man who had held Erin, But it did not inter fear with his hand to hand combat skills. He watched Erin leap up onto the building,
"Are you sure your not part squirrel?" Dante joked. In a signal bound he lept up the sides of two buildings to stand in front of Erin, and an expression of boyish delight on his face.
"Make your move flaming squirrel." He crouched waiting like a cat, lithe and lean. His silver hair flying every were and his eyes glittering.
OCC- The quest topic seems to have compleatly frozen up as well as Valley of horses.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:44 am

Jenny stared at the elf girl as she came to a sudden stop in front of her. She smiled at Lyra, unable to speak for a moment. It had been a while since she had spoken to anyone and her mouth couldn't seem to form the words she was looking for. She took a deep breath then proceeded to greet Lyra.

"Hi." The vampire answered. She took the question into consideration, What had happened to me? she asked her herself, A blackout, perhaps? It took her a moment, but she eventually thought of a solution. "I think I had a blackout." Jennifer said, "I just remember waking up in the woods, near Ace." She found the topic disturbing so she tried changing it, "Where are Dante and Erin?" she asked.

_________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Lyra nodded, not quite knowing what to say. She didn't know what a blackout was, or whatever it was that the girl had experienced, but she did feel horrible about leaving her behind. That definitely had been wrong... They never should have done that. How she was to make it up to Jenny, she didn't know, but she hoped that she would be able to find a way. The vampire was nice, and she hadn't given her any reason to dislike her... certainly nothing to deserve that. But Jenny seemed to be okay with it so far, and Lyra decided not to dig at old wounds. Instead, she turned and pointed to the small crowd, and the place where Dante and Erin were still fighting. To her horror, she saw that the pair of them were not fighting on the rooftops. She had no idea how safe that was, but doubted that the pair would be able to keep it up much longer right there. It just wasn't safe.

"I can't tell whether they're trying to entertain the people or legitimately fighting," the Elf said with faint disdain in her voice. She didn't like fighting unless it was self-defense. With Erin and Dante both going head to head, her already frayed nerves were stretched taut. "But they're over that way."

Figuring that Jenny would probably follow, she started off back to where the small crowd congregated, tense and worried.

ooc: Possibly because Nova is going to be off until the Holidays, and I haven't seen Apollo for a long time either. I'll send the latter a message, but not all that hopeful. Anyone else that might be involved? I can send 'em a message or try to find them on another site to try to round them up. Very Happy

Sorry, y'all! I was gone for the weekend and didn't have internet access. I should have told you. Sad

_________

Last edited by WolfGirl on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color fail)
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Erin grimaced, Flaming squirrel?, "As you wish, Day-Walker, As. You. Wish." Deathblade ignited with an audible woosh. He surged forward, sword dancing every which way. every blow sent shockwaves into his arm, but he felt nothing and his arm was more than accustomed to it...it was born to it. Erin moved this way and that and traded blows with the vampire, his eyes never wavering and his feet never misstepping. Then, as Erin moved in for a precision strike to Dante's wrist, he froze in shock and his eyes went wide from pain.

Erin fell to his knees, sword dropping from his steely grip, and the warrior clawed at the air. He slid across the sloped roof, his fingers scrabbling to gain some purchase, and he found some...the rusty and jagged gutter. The warrior's fingers began to bleed from the sharp edged metal and vermilion blood dribbled down his arms. The blood made the already slick gutter even more slippery and his right hand lost its grip. He hung three stories above ground, by one hand, bleeding and deliriously in pain. He groaned as his other hand lost its grip and he plummeted and slammed into the dirt below...hard. There was a sickening thud as he hit and his blood mixed with the dust. He writhed in agony and then lay still; his vision swam and stars danced in his eyes. Then, he stopped moving, and his blood kept pouring from his hands. His face was pale and he looked as though he were dead.

Erin lay, unmoving. It'd take an elf's keen sight to have noticed the tiny needle-like dart in his neck.

[The dart is tiny, by any standards. It looks more like the needle of a cactus than a dart. Its small size makes it easy to miss and the toxin was only on the tip and little of the original poison remains on the dart, but it's already become inactivated after several minutes exposed to the air.]

By the warrior's side lay a leather bound tome, a strange rune burned into the cover, a small lock keeping it from being opened. A rough looking drunkard from a nearby bar who'd had too much to drink already reached for the book.

The man's hand was inches from the cover when the rune flared.

[The rune seems to faintly resemble the ancient Elven glyph for fire, but it's rather worn and hard to tell. There is another curious aspect: The rune's flames seemed to not touch Erin Wolf's hand, as it rested against the leather spine of the book. The cover is inscribed with rough lettering seeming to indicate an old journal of some kind. At the bottom of the cover is a fancifully scripted name, "Erin Bartholomew Thalrun, Prince of Endar", but this too is in Elven glyphs, but a rather old form of the more modern glyphs. The fact that the flames did not touch him suggest that either the rune was made to allow only the warrior to access the book (but a run of that sort is very tricky business), or, more likely, only a fire legacy could dissipate the magical fire.

Inside this book are the writings of one named Erin Bartholomew Thalrun...everything from childhood stories, fights with parents, to more recent tales...his encounter with a drow in the woods outside Tharlacof...his meeting with Lyra in the mountains as well as his fears that he'd be the cause of her demise. There is an interesting account of a particularly harrowing encounter...something about a wizard named Merthissa offering him a reward for capturing the owner of some trinket or such: "A wizard found me in the dead of night...bewitched my wolf to let him pass and lured me in with magic words...he told me of some elf that had something he wanted...offered me several thousand gold pieces and the chance to learn some wizardry if brought him the elf's head and the amulet...i refused. Shadow tried to drag him out when the wizard's owl attacked me. He clubbed Shadow over the head and pinned me to the wall with some fiendish spell...only the fact that the Inn's fireplace was nearby...i whispered to the flames to make lots of smoke to choke the wizard...he threw me to the ground and as i reached for my sword he burned his symbol into me...said something like "I'll have her head one way or another...and when i do? I'll mount yours next to hers Wolf!"...barely made it out alive...Shadow cornered the Owl and the wizard chose to save the owl and let me and Shadow escape...I'll have to kill him someday, this Merthissa...still don't know who "she" is..." the entry ended with a few scribbled words and smelled of smoke.

The book's first half details adventures, battles, and travels while the second half is a highly descriptive account of many of the creatures of the Realms, plants, foods that were safe to eat in the wild, and...poisons were being recorded within as well.

One in particular was given special attention. The saliva of the blue ringed bee was starred and a small handwritten note states simply: "heard about this one from an old man who had only one hand...said that this stuff could knock down a dragon in minutes...fatalities occured in 99% of victims...he's the only one who survived...said he was given a mixture of dire wolf spit and elderberries that was placed on location of the dart wound...nasty stuff...really rare..."

The poison's symptoms seem similar to Erin's condition.

This book remains closed, locked, and totally useless looking ...at the moment.]

The man leapt back in surprise and swore. "Stupid book..." his words were thick and fuzzy seeming.

Erin lay in a pool of his own blood...the book resting just under his bloody fingers.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:38 pm

The moment that Erin suddenly froze in what appeared to be shock, Lyra at first thought that it was just a simple lapse in the battle. After all, she had little idea as to what his fighting style was; perhaps he was trying to throw Dante off to confuse him... But that didn't just seem likely to her. Based on what she had seen when they had come to rescue him, she doubted very much that Erin would do such a thing unless something was wrong. Maybe it was her fever coming back, but there was a faint dizzying pain in her neck. At first she just stood there, waiting for Erin to get a grip on himself, but then the pain hit her mind like a wave and she knew that something was bang out of order.

She sucked in a breath, eyes glued on Erin's stiff figure, praying silently that he would throw himself back into the fight, but that wasn't what happened. As she watched, Erin fell to his knees, sword dropping from his steely grip. Lyra screamed, hands coming up to cover her mouth a second later, and the noise was abruptly muffled. The Elf broke into a run as the warrior clawed at the air, sliding across the sloped roof. There was something dreadfully wrong. But he didn't fall, not yet. He was wildly scrabbling for something to gain some purchase, only just latching onto the rusted gutter, and as she ran the Elf stumbled, hissing as sharp pain stabbed through her hands.

The Elf skidded to a stop, throwing up clouds of dust. There were a couple murmurs of annoying and a few people drew away from her, throwing her disgusted looks. She bit the inside of her lip and tried to force her way through the packed bodies. Their voices were tinged with excitement, not the slightest bit of worry that Erin would probably die if he fell from that height. Well, no... He probably wouldn't die from the fall. He was Erin. He was more than mere Legacy; he was a survivor who had won the Goddess' favor. Death was a long ways away yet for him. A warrior like Erin wouldn't die from a fall. At least, that was what she hoped. In reality, she was terrified of what would happen if he did die.

Erin. Erin. Erin. Erin. His named repeated over and over in her mind as her breathing quickened with her steadily mounting fear. It was irrational, the fear she felt for him, for she barely knew him. As she watched, her eyes picked out a trace of scarlet falling through the air. It splattered against the ground, and she jumped. Blood. Black against the cobblestones, it dried almost at once. One drop became a trickle, and then he slipped and she almost screamed again as the warrior hung only by his left hand three stories in the air. "Erin..." she whispered desperately as the pain her head steadily grew. "Please..." She didn't even know what she was asking for; all she knew was that it would take a miracle to keep him from falling now.

And then...

Lyra knew what was going to happen before she watched as his fingers loosened their grip, no longer able to hang onto the jagged metal of the gutter. From her place in the crowd, she watched him fall, his body gathering speed and momentum as he plummeted to the ground. There was a sickening crunch, and he slammed into the hard-packed dirt around the building, landing in his own blood. She couldn't see him anymore, and she felt herself panicking. She couldn't see. Was he dead? If he still alive, had anything been broken in the fall? Was he going to pull through again or die before their very eyes. A faint sob burst from her lips, but she quelled it. Blinking over-rapidly, she forced her small body through the crowd as the people began to back away. Now that the excitement was over, they were leaving. Leaving...

And then she was beside his prone body, dropping to her knees to kneel beside him, shaking uncontrollably. "Erin?" she whispered tentatively, touching his brow lightly with trembling fingertips. Cold... His face was as white as if Death had indeed come to claim him, but when she gently wrapped slender fingers around his wrist she could still detect a pulse. Blood oozed out of the gashes in his hands, soaking the dirt around them. Something infinitely tiny stuck out from the side of his neck... She frowned and bent closer, trying to see. Frowning, she grasped whatever it was and pulled it slowly from his neck. A drop of blood oozed from the place where it had pierced his skin, but no more. She held the thing up to the light, and her eyes widened as she realized that it was a tiny dart... How it had come to be in his neck she had no idea, for she couldn't remember seeing anyone with a blowgun and nor were they common in these parts. More than anything, it looked almost like a bee stinger... The heck? Bees never attacked unless provoked, for stinging meant their death. Either it was a really stupid bee or it was just insanely bad luck.

A drunk staggered up to them, reeking of stale spirits and other things that she would rather not thing about. She regarded him with open hostility, but while the drunk was definitely looking at her in a way that she was not okay with, he was more interested in a leather-bound book that lay beneath Erin's bloodied fingers with the Elfish glyph for "fire" emblazoned on the cover. It was kept sealed with a small but sturdy lock that bound the pages together. The drunk bent down to pick it up, but as his fingers brushed the cover the book burst into flames. The drunk leaped back with a savage oath. "Stupid book," he growled, backing away. He vanished back into the bar, casting them dark looks over his shoulder as he went his unsteady way.

Lyra warily reached down and picked up the book. It didn't burst into flame as she had expected, and felt quite cool to the touch. The leather was worn, and at the bottom of the cover was a fancifully scripted name: Erin Bartholomew Thalrun, Prince of Endar. From this, she concluded that it must be a journal of some sort. If that was the case, she had no business poking around in it... But she was growing more desperate by the second. What if he'd run into this kind of thing before? What if he knew a cure? She felt horribly guilty, but Dante and Jenny were the only other ones that she could see.

Hesitantly at first, but then with with growing need she pried the lock off, which took the better part of a minute, and forced it open. At first, she only ran into pages and pages of handwritten accounts, which she only skimmed, looking for key words that might indicate to her that he might know something that could save him. Her reading was pretty poor, so she didn't spend long trying to figure out what his words meant. She hit the halfway point in the book and her heart leaped. Drawings and descriptions of different creatures filled these pages, along with a good few pages which had been devoted to toxins and how to potentially treat them. It was towards the end that she found what she was looking for.

Blue Ringed Bee: heard about this one from an old man who had only one hand...said that this stuff could knock down a dragon in minutes...fatalities occured in 99% of victims...he's the only one who survived...said he was given a mixture of dire wolf spit and elderberries that was placed on location of the dart wound...nasty stuff...really rare...

SHADOW! Lyra thought, throwing her thoughts as far as she was capable of, hoping that the wolf would pic up her cry. Shadow! We need you! With a little luck, he'd come... But if it wasn't, then Shadow would likely be dying too, and too weak to hear her. Well, she tried. Elder berries, eh? The village women would likely be the ones to ask about that, as they were often used for their medicinal value. Her medicine bag had been lost weeks ago, and she doubted that Erin would have his on him after who knows how long of being held captive.

The Elf squeezed his hand and stood up. She didn't want to leave him, but time was running out. His journal said that the poison killed just about anyone who came into contact with it... And while Erin might be favored there was always a limit as to how much one could cheat Death.

She got up and turned to run for help, and almost ran into an older woman with a kind wrinkled face and stunningly blue eyes. Her hair must once have been a dark golden color, but had faded to pale honey. A rough black dress clothed her thin body, and the shadows under her eyes and the redness around the edges made Lyra guess that the woman must have recently become a widow.

"He still lives?" she asked her. The woman's voice was quiet, shy, but concerned as well. A hint of fear edged her voice, and Lyra wondered if she knew him. Probably not... More likely than anything she had seen their plight and felt a connection to them, and the pain of losing a loved on... Wanted to keep another from having to endure that pain.

"For the moment," Lyra answered, looking away from the woman's bright blue eyes and to the horribly still Erin that lay just behind them in the shadow of the building... in a pool of his own blood. Emotion closed her throat and she swallowed hard, and blinking back tears she turned back to the woman.

The woman nodded, sympathy darkening her eyes. "My parents named me Héloise," she said in the same tone she had used before.

Lyra nodded. The name meant "sun," and it must have been a perfect fit for her. "I'm Lyra," she replied, using her common name. She was an Elf, but she didn't like to use her warrior name... It felt like showing off and she didn't like that. She preferred to remain as anonymous as possible.

Héloise nodded and became all business in an instant. "Well, Lyra, your man is going to die within the next few minutes, probably less, unless we do something about it, now isn't he?"

She didn't answer, and looked away. Her voice seemed to have stopped working. The Elf looked back to Héloise, and she suddenly appeared very small. She was eighteen years old, and her world was in a constant state of falling apart. Her eyes contained a hopeless expression, a silent plea for help there.

"Right," Héloise said, giving her shoulder a quick squeeze. She stepped around Lyra and bent down by Erin, looking at him critically. "Looks like a bee sting," she said, quite calmly, indicating the inflamed bump that had risen around the place where the stinger had been lodged. "Do you know if he always reacts this way to bees? If so, some elder berry might help."

Lyra shook her head. "I don't think so," she replied shakily, her voice unsteady but calmer than it might otherwise have been. "I do think it was some kind of insect though..."

Héloise nodded. "A bad bite or sting from the Blue-Ringed Bee is usually lethal, and results in similar symptoms before Death comes." She produced a handful of elder berries from the pocket of her dress, and smiled sadly at her. "No elder berry has yet cured that kind of poison alone, but it's worth a try."

Suddenly emotional, Lyra threw her arms around the woman and hugged her tightly. "Thank you," she said, voice cracking as her body shook with the effort of holding back her sobs. "Thank you." Her voice was a good deal quieter the second time, and it was tear choked. But when she drew back her face was dry, despite her red-rimmed eyes. "Thank you so much."

"I lost my Beval last month to the same beast," Héloise said fiercely. "And I don't want to see someone so young cut down too soon." She looked away, wiping at her eyes. "But there's only so much that a berry can do, you know? I tried so hard! But it wasn't enough to keep him here with me..." She gave Lyra a teary smile. "But it's not over. We'll meet again someday... When the last breath leaves my body and Death takes me home, we'll be together again." Her expression hardened, and she straightened up, pressing the berries into Lyra's hand. "I can't promise you anything, but if mortal remedy can help him, that'd be it." She began to walk away, when she stopped and turned around. She raised a hand in farewell. "Good luck," she mouthed. With that, Héloise turned and proceeded to walk away, head held high. She did not look back.

Lyra nodded to Héloise in acknowledgement of her farewell, not trusting her voice. She looked down at the berries in her hand. She felt like she was trapped in a nightmare that she couldn't get out of... A never-ending nightmare in which there was no waking up from, for dreams didn't comfort her. Every time she tried to make a move, she found herself boxed in, trapped, unable to go forward... and too late to go back. What was she to do? Without Shadow the berries might as well be useless... One couldn't work without the other, and Erin's breathing was steadily growing fainter.

Come on, Shadow, she thought desperately. If you can here me now, please... Hurry. Your master needs you. I need you. There was nothing to do but wait. Holding the berries securely, she gently pulled Erin into her lap, face as composed as she could make it.

"Hang in there, Erin," she pleaded quietly. "Shadow's coming. Just a few more minutes. You're going to be alright. Everything's going to be alright. Please... stay..."

ooc: Okay. No one needs to write a novel in response... I just kinda went on a rampage with this one. Very Happy

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:34 pm

SHADOW! Lyra thought, throwing her thoughts as far as she was capable of, hoping that the wolf would pic up her cry. Shadow! We need you! With a little luck, he'd come... But if it wasn't, then Shadow would likely be dying too, and too weak to hear her.

Shadow's mind rocked with the force of her call. He immediately dropped the fowl he'd been chewing hungrily on and turned to face the direction of the call. it had been Lyra, the elf girl. She sounded as though something were terribly wrong...and then it hit him. His master's pain rolled over the wolf like a boulder from an avalanche.

The dire wolf's paws barely touched the ground, his body practically flying across the earth towards the tiny village. At the outskirts people shouted and called out in terror as the massive beast covered close to thirty feet in a single bound, saliva dripping from his muzzle, his teeth glittering wickedly. A few brave souls fired an arrow or two off at Shadow, and, while the projectiles hit dead on, he never broke stride, never faltered, and surely never ceased pounding forward. The guards quaked in fear as he grew closer and closer, the ground shaking slightly with his approach and dist rising from his paws. He bulled through the guards, like a tsunami through a house of dust. There, a short ways away, he saw the Elf girl, and at her side...lay Erin Wolf.

Shadow skidded stop, nearly tripping over a flower pot and keened mournfully...a sound so inhuman and filled with pain and despair that all who heard the sound would never forget it for the rest of their days. The great dire wolf padded forward and sniffed the body of his master.

WHO DID THIS?! I will PERSONALLY feast on the living corpse of the filth that has done this after i disembowel them and claw out their eyes. I will tear out their tongue and feed it to them. I shall chew their hands and make them crawl on bloodied stumps! I will...will... His mental shouts died down and he lay on his paws whining softly. Oh master, why? Why do they never let you rest peacefully? Now you shall make your way to the gates of the afterlife in pieces, bloodied and broken...i was lost and you found me...and now..when you needed me, i was not there...First it was the wizard and his brand and now this? How can i expect you to keep surviving death's constant embrace?

Shadow looked up to the Elf girly, his massive body casting a shadow over his master, and lay against her, his huge muzzle resting next to Erin's face, the wolf staring sadly at his master's closed eyes and still form. Thank you for calling me, Lyra. I would be with him when he passes. I appreciate your call. You may stay if you wish, and help me bury him, when his last breath dies within his lungs and his heart no longer beats. I think he would like that.

Shadow had no idea what had happened but ended up assuming his Master was already beyond any help he could give.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:05 am

Dante saw Erin fall and he moved to stop him from falling. But he was too slow, Erin hit the ground with a sickening crunch. In a flash, Dante was at Lyra's side his sword in it's shieth. He watched and looked on, his pale face ashen.
We just found you Wolf, What makes you think Lyra will let you go like this?
Dante had stopped breathing all together due to the sickening stench of blood. Then he was angry, "Death is a cruel creature. Saving those who would rather die painfully than have a curse."
He let his hand run through his silvery hair... he could do something... but in most cases it was a fate worse than death. Then Dante swore, once again angry with himself and the idea that had come into his head.
"Lyra," he said softly. "Is there anything I can do. I am an immortal after all." He said the last bit with a tone of grief... vampirism... what a petty excuse for immortality...

OCC- Aw... come on wolf! I was starting to like Erin. Why kill him now? I had other characters of mine I wanted him to meet.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 am

Jennifer was left standing in the crowds alone for a moment. Her mind had started to wonder what was happening with Dante and Erin. They both sounded like great warriors, their battle would surely be something to watch. Jenny sensed that something was wrong for a moment, she could smell blood from where she was standing. Probably mere cuts from their fight.

The vampire blinked and looked around, Lyra had already left to watch the two fighters. Jenny ran after Lyra just to keep up. The crowds seemed to thicken as she got nearer, but some were slowly starting to return to their homes. Jennifer wondered why everyone was breaking away. Was the fight over? she wondered.

As she reached the place where the battle had taken place, the scent of blood became stronger, it smelt as if there was a huge pot of blood... Or someone had just died. Jenny didn't want to even think someone had died, that would be cruel with everything that had happened.

Then... The vampire saw the body of Erin lying on the floor. She had never seen Erin before, but she could sense it was him. His aura seemed to be glowing, as if it were radiating power. His body was really pale, but it seemed as if he was glowing red, or maybe that was all the blood around him. Jenny took a step back at the sight of this. She wasn't sure what to do, she was a vampire, she should be looking at the blood greedily, but something else was happening. All that blood seemed threatening, the blood seemed sacred or possibly royal.

Jennifer didn't have time to decided, she rushed forward and knelt down next to Lyra for a moment. She looked around for a possible explanation, but everything was dead quiet. Then the elf girl picked up a strange book, the more she read the more her face seemed to look worried. Lyra got up and left Jenny kneeling next to Erin.

The vampire looked at the body gravely, she could sense death, but this seemed like this wasn't Erin's first near death experience. Was this just another test? Was the warrior going to live?

Just then, Lyra came back and a larger wolf followed after a few moments. Jenny recalled the wolf from earlier, but it seemed as the wolf was greatly interested in the body laying on the ground, a quick conversation was happening between the wolf and the elf, but Jenny could see time was not on their side.

_________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescue Mission