Dark Fantasy Mania

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rescue Mission

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:12 pm

Dante nodded his dark green eyes fixed on the horisen. Thw farther they rode, the more evidence there was of humans. On the trail they passed several farmers. Dante dew his hood up, his hands had started trembling again. For some strange reason his fangs refused to draw back into his head. To be honest, the farther they got from the clearing the sicker he felt. He entertained the thought of getting his sword fixed here.

_________
Knight's Characters:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Dante and company attracted strange glances as they moved towards civilization again. They were all probably a strange sight, especially she and Erin. The big warrior passed out against the small Elf girl clad in armor made of some odd metal. Jenny, with her shimmering gray hair, brought up the rear to the party looking very solemn. However, the simple people were more than used to the oddities of their world, and paid them no more attention thereafter. She saw Dante draw up his hood, noting the way his hands were shaking again as he did so.

Please, Dante, she thought desperately. Please be okay... Just hang in there...

_________
Lyra Clear-Waters - 18 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: Leave Out All The Rest ~ Linkin Park
Anatkah - 50, looks fifteen - Dryad
Merthissa - 53, looks older - Human Wizard - Adriele the Screech Owl - Theme Song: "Not Strong Enough" ~ Apocalyptica
Gaelgathor "Gael" - 23 - Werewolf of Human Descent - Theme Song: Iridescent ~ Linkin Park
Alrog - 78 - Half Dwarf - Theme Song: All I Want ~ A Day To Remember
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantasyworldmania.forumotion.com
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Dante brushed off the odd looks and was very tempted to snarrel at some youth who pointed and laughed. The town was very large, not large enough to be a city. They had several diffrent bakeries and stores. The black smith was out at the eadge of town. Dante stopped the mare infront of the inn called The Red Chestnut. It looked like a happy place, clean too.
Dante dismounted, then whent inside.
Comming back out he nodded and led all the horses inside the stable. He took Erin off of Lyras horse and dumped him into a clean stall. With trembling fingers he began to unsaddle his mare, then moved to help Jenni with Ace after putting the mare into a clean stall emty of passed out males.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Erin's eyes winked open. "Uggghh." Her groaned loudly. "What happened? Dracus? The soldiers? LYRA! Where is she?? She isn't..." he looked about. "Lyra?? What are you doing? You're..." He winced as the horse padded on. "Arrrghh." Erin growled softly. He was not well, but Lyra didnt need to know that. He leaned forward his one hand on Lyra's, and the other holding onto the horse. "What's wrong with the day-walker over there?" Erin gestured to Dante. "He's not looking too good. As a matter of fact, he looks as bad as i feel...I mean...er..." Erin glanced anywhere but at the elf girl's face. "That village...looks...familiar somehow...i think i know a place we can stay...there is...a cave...just south of here...maybe a mile away...go there...it will be a decent shelter...Shadow can meet us there too...as for me...I think i'll just take a..." He fell asleep. And it was not much of a surprise. He was dead tired at this point.

_________
Erin Wolf - 27 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Justinian Ravenclaw - 19 - Human

Kazaryl the Silver Serpent - 120 - Dragon

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

Elhren Grisshem - 14 - Half Elf

The Shadow King - thousands of years old? - Legacy of Fire

Kypler Flammarus- 46 - Elf/Sorcerer

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Lyra slipped off of Snowflake with a relieved expression on her face. It wasn't that she didn't like riding, it was that she hated feeling like any wrong move would end up injuring Erin in some way that she wouldn't be able to fix. She walked around in a circle for a bit to regain the feeling in her legs, before thanking Dante again and turning her attention towards Erin. She was really starting to worry about him. She had kept expecting him to wake up on the ride, but he'd remained listless and as out of it as before. Kneeling in front of him, she caressed his face anxiously, brow furrowed.

All of a sudden, Erin's eyes shot open and he sat up very suddenly, looking around wildly. She nearly flinched back in surprise when he began to speak at a rapid fire pace, his words tumbling out of him in a torrent. He was avoiding looking at her, which didn't surprise her. As abruptly as he had awoken, Erin slumped back and passed out. Lyra covered her face with her hands, almost sobbing with relief. It looked like he was going to be okay.

After a moment, Lyra pulled herself together and lowered her hands, shakily pushing a strand of hair behind an ear. She couldn't lift him without Dante's help, so she contented herself with just looking at him. Her dark eyes roamed over his familiar face, silently praying that he'd recover from his ordeal. She looked up at Dante, noticing his hands were shaking again. Uh oh...

"You okay?" Lyra asked Dante anxiously, getting to her feet. "Your hands are shaking again."

_________
Lyra Clear-Waters - 18 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: Leave Out All The Rest ~ Linkin Park
Merthissa - 53, looks older - Human Wizard - Adriele the Screech Owl - Theme Song: "Not Strong Enough" ~ Apocalyptica
Gaelgathor "Gael" - 23 - Werewolf of Human Descent - Theme Song: Iridescent ~ Linkin Park
Back to top Go down
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Jennis saddle slipped of with a soft kerthunk. Dante placed Ace in the stall next to Mare. Then, started on Snowflake. That's when Erin woke up.
"I don't need attention right now," he waved the question off. "What's the probiblity of passing. Erin off as a drunk guy?"
He chuckled at the thought... erin... drunk, hah. He'd belive it when he saw it.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:05 pm

"Oh dear, I'll believe that when I see it," Lyra snorted, rolling her eyes. "If Erin ever got drunk, we'd all be doomed... but I think we can pull it off for the moment." Good heavens, that would be a sight. She couldn't imagine him even touching the bottle, but she had to admit that she barely knew him. "Alright, help me lift him," Lyra said, slipping her arms around his chest and hauling him semi-upright. This was going to be real interesting.

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Erin stirred again. "Where am I?" He tried to sit up and winced. His body felt broken and his soul felt as though it had been ripped up. He tried to stand but fell to one knee. "If Dracus could see me now...he'd die laughing... Erin Wolf...not even master of his own legs anymore..." The warrior growled softly. "If only i'd been stronger...if only i'd been faster..." Erin muttered to himself. He drew himself up and found himself to be rather unsteady. Stumbling to and fro, he made his way to the building door, and, as his vision swam, he reached out for something to support himself. His hand caught Lyra's shoulder. "Lyra?" he gazed at her dazedly. "What are you doing here?? I thought you were dead...Or, was that the nightmares i'm remembering..." He stumbled into the building.

_________
Erin Wolf - 27 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Dante slipped Erin's other arm around his shoulder and made a face.
"I could probably get away," he said nudging the door to the inn open with his foot. A wave of heat, food, and human wafted towards Dante. The bar tender gave him a questioning look. Dante made a facial expression and the guy nodded with a sympathetic expression.
"I shall send up some smelling salts," he called after him. They walked up two flights of stairs and into their room. Then gently helped Lyra lay him on one of the four beds.
"I'll be back." Dante left the room and scilently hoped Erin would make use of the time.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Lyra looked hurt, but she didn't answer him. No, Erin, I'm not dead, she thought miserably. Sorry to disappoint you 'bout that, but I don't intend to die any time soon. It was wrong of her to be upset by such a comment; Erin wasn't in his right mind. He was probably still out of it from being unconscious for so long, and then there was the addition of being held captive by slavers for so long with that horrid medallion around his neck. He didn't intend to be so daft.

She helped Dante support Erin as they guided him into the inn. The warrior was unsteady on his feet and hardly able to walk in a straight line, and Lyra suspected that it must have been a long time since he'd had a decent sleep. The bartender looked sympathetically at them, clearly thinking that Erin was high on something. Idiot. Inwardly, Lyra wanted to smack him, but they needed him to think that Erin wasn't right at the moment. The two of them lowered Erin onto one of the cots. Jennifer had stayed behind to look after the horses, and Dante left them alone saying,
"I'll be back." And that left the two of them alone.

Great. Just... just great. The last thing she needed was to be left alone with Erin Wolf when the poor guy was unstable. She couldn't hold him to anything he did or said while he was in this state, it wouldn't be fair to him. Lyra sat down on the floor beside the cot, facing his worn out form. She allowed her long brown hair to fall slightly into her face, enabling her to hide behind it. She looked very small in comparison to the warrior, with her knees drawn up and her thin arms wrapped tightly around them as if they would offer her some sort of protection.

_________
Back to top Go down
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 am

Dante walked down to the stables to help Jennifer with the horses. He opened one of the saddle bags and took a few gulps out of the blood skin. Putting it back he said to Jennifer, "Thanks for being so pacient with me throughout this whole mess.. Do you want to start on your training tonight?"
Dante hadn't forgotten his promis.

Occ- wolf I totaly forgot about kaz. I'm sooo sorry. Can we pretend Dante somehow contacted him?

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Erin began to shiver. It was the nightmare again...the warrior tossed and turned and began to talk while in the grips of the dream. "No...no...Leave them alone... PLEASE...it's me you want...not them...Please...just...let her go...you know what iron would do to her...OH GODDESS...NO..NO...NOOOOO!!!" He began to thrash and his brow was dripping with cold sweat...then...all was still and silent...dead silent...

"Lyra?" His eyes were open and he was staring straight at her. ''Thank Goddess you're alright..." His voice was barely audible. "It was...awful...He was back...and...he...he..." Erin gave up trying to explain the horror he'd seen in the dark of his dream and instead walked slowly but surely over to where she sat on the floor and hugged her.

"I'm sorry...it's over...I'm back...and I promise...I wont let him get you...Never...never again..." Erin let her go, slightly unsure what else to do, and reverted to default, looking for his weapons. 'I'll find them later. Shadow can sniff them out for me if need be." The warrior sat down on the cot. 'Here, you take the cot, I'll take the floor... You look like you need some rest too..." Erin looked away, or at least he tried to...his eyes drifted back to her dark eyes and dark hair. The elf girl was young...or seemed that way. Her life seemed to be one of running and fear...though she had power...and a lot of it too...she was and odd one...but there was something...something about her...but it was something Erin couldn't quite put his finger on yet. She was important...and...around her, Erin felt a little more at peace, and peace, for him, had always been hard to come by. He was conflicted though...he didn't want to bring her more harm...Should he stay or go?

He looked away from her. If she figured out his decision...she'd try to stop him.

"Yeah, here, rest, I'll be over there..." He pointed to a small chair in the corner and proceeded to walk over and subsequently sit down in the chair, leaving the cot for her to have.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:10 pm

Lyra hugged her knees tighter to her as Erin tossed and turned. She felt so helpless. What was she to do - wake him up? He must have passed out again shortly after they laid him down, because she thought he had been conscious when they brought him in. It just went to further prove that sleeping was never a good idea. If Erin hadn't started to cry out in his torment, she might have been alright, but he began to flail around, thrashing on the cot and pleading with some invisible entity. She shivered, resting her chin on her knees as she watched him. The Elf would have woken him up, but she didn't dare. All of a sudden, he grew very quiet.

Then she heard her name. His voice was quiet when he addressed her, rough and barely audible, as he tried to give voice to his nightmare. Motionless, she sat and listened, eyes fixed on him with an odd intensity. After a few words however, her gave up trying to articulate what had just transpired in his head. Instead, he got up and hugged her tightly. He kept speaking in a rapid fevered manor, releasing her after only a few seconds... Probably the best seconds of her life. Slightly wide-eyed, she watched him stumble around after his weapons, then sit back on the cot. He stopped talking and looked away, or at least he tried to. Not meeting his eyes, she studied her feet. Erin seemed restless, for he got up again and sat down in a chair, refusing the cot. Lyra had to smile. He wasn't the only one who could be stubborn.

"C'mon, Erin. I didn't spend the last month at the mercy of slavers," she said, sounding tired. And no, she wasn't going to tell him how she'd spent the last month.

Lyra dropped her arms from around her knees and got up, crossing over to where he stubbornly sat in the too-small chair. She took his hand in hers and tried to pull him up, but he had the weight advantage.

"Please, Erin?" she pleaded, unaware that she was still holding his hand. "Don't worry about me... I only came south for you... I'll probably head back north soon anyway. Don't worry about me."

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Erin was conflicted again; Should he let her lead him back to the cot or stay in the chair so he could slip away, hopefully sparing here more danger...He rose slowly from the chair. "You sound tired. I've spent longer time with less welcoming company than those slavers...I'll live. It's my curse. I am very hard to kill...i've come close to death but never die...i've watched most of the people i loved fall beacuse i was never strong enough to stop it from happening...and now i watch them fall cause i dont die like they do...It's the same story over and over...it never ends...pain and death, fire and pain, and then some more pain...and another friend falls...I saw Theydrid go down, after a they turned him into a pin cushion...and Geoffrey...he was at his sister's wedding and drank the poisoned drink that had been meant for me...And Lady Jade died in my arms...she was missing and arm...and we had no more bandages...she was an elf...and the blade was iron...and..." The warrior stopped as he wiped a lone tear from his eyes, and he sniffed. Then, vocie hardening, "But me? Oh, i can take arrow wounds, posioned daggers, broken bones, cursed medallions...but do i die? Oh no...no i dont die...i just LINGER and LIVE...i live to watch them all die...and still the blasted tyrant sits on his throne...And each day...i kill more of his empty-headed pawns...but get no closer to his fortress...his minions are to many...and i have not an army...none would follow me into the bowels of the hell...for that is indeed what the Shadow King's Fortress is...A Gate into Hell..." Erin's eyes were filled with fire and hate and self-loathing. He hated his curse...he had more power than any human he knew of...his fire was practically limitless...but what use was it when you only lived to see others, the ones whom hope lived in, die in your hands...die and suffer the fate you know was meant for you? Nothing. It was useless, this curse/power of his...

Erin sighed. He snapped, trying to summon flame to his fingers, and a small yellow-orange flame flickered once and died. His eyes narrowed. That was not normal...he'd have to look into that some other time...right now...he had other things to attend to.

"Lyra...You don't kow me...you never did...what are you doing out here? Why'd YOU come after me? You could've died...You should go home...safe and warm...find some nice Elf...settle down somewhere away from me...escape this life of running and fighting...because it only brings death...for you and those around you...How else do you think Endar ended? I was there. And so they died. Justinian's parents? Dead. The other friends i used to have? Dead. Go home Lyra. Go and find some peace. Cause with me, you will not find peace...but piecees...of you, your life...and all you held dear..."

Erin turned away and began to head to the door. "I should leave now. Dracus will come for me. And i cannot have this village put to torch just because i was here..."

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Lyra looked pained. She knew that Erin wasn't thinking straight, he didn't mean to dig at old wounds that hadn't completely healed with his ill chosen words. He didn't know her. He wasn't in his right mind at the moment. She didn't say a word as he ranted about all of the horrors that he had endured, the misery he had witnessed, the pain that he felt that he had caused. A part of her pitied him, but another part of her was contemptuous. The world was a cruel cold place, it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies. Bad things happened all the time. People died every day. It was up to the living to learn from their mistakes and carry on as best they could. Erin appeared not to have learned yet that not everything bad that happened was his fault. Sometimes it was just their time; he just happened to play a part many years ago that set him on an unhappy path. He had the potential to have, not a good life, but a life that wasn't quite so wretched if he just shifted his outlook on it a bit.

"Please, Erin," she begged him, tugging on his hand, forcing him to come to a stop. She planted herself between him and the door and refused to move. looking up at him defiantly. "So maybe I don't know you. I couldn't tell Jenny a darned thing about you when she asked me who you were and why we were going to try to rescue you. Just don't tell me to go away and leave you..." Her voice broke and she dropped her gaze, blinking back tears. She had nothing that was hers other than the clothes on her back. Maybe two friends if she counted Erin, but he was always so distant. It had been years since she had had contact with Alrog. She had no ties to anyone or any place... She just existed.

You should go home... safe and warm... find some nice Elf... settle down somewhere away from me... escape this life of running and fighting... because it only brings death.. His words echoed in her mind over and over. Go home... Did she really mean that little to him? Did he really think that she would just abandon him again? Don't tell me anything that I already know! she thought savagely, bitterly. I know where my journey ends, but I intend to give a fight worth remembering before they bring me down. She was being unfair, and she knew it too. After a moment, she shook herself mentally. This was getting her nowhere. I don't want to find some Elf, she thought miserably. I want you, Wolf.

As evenly as she could, she spoke again. "I came after you because I care about you, Erin," she told him, forcing herself to look back up at him again. There. He deserved to know that she wasn't just here because it was duty. He needed to know that he was important, that his existence mattered... if only to her. The only thing she regretted was the tremble in her voice. But by thunder, she was so scared of his reaction. She had just given him a piece of her heart, and his next words could shatter it, even if he wasn't quiet right. "I came... because it's wrong to abandon those you care about."

ooc: Erin, stop being so depressing and telling her to leave you alone. You know she won't do it. xD

_________
Back to top Go down
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Dante was about to ask Jenny something when a scream shattered the silence.
Then a metallic smell invaded the stables. Blood. Dante was at the stable door in a blur of motion. He had left his sword up in the room with Erin and Lyra. A girl lay in the streets, very dead. A chunk of her neck had been torn, no, bitten out. A young woman screamed again and the hair on Dante’s neck rose. Before him stood a creature rarer than the unicorns. A werecat. Said to be the offspring of a feline born chimera and a possessed human; the pet of the devil itself.
Dante felt his lips draw back into a snarl; his fangs thickened in his mouth and grew more deadly. A vampires set of battle fangs are stronger than their feeding fangs. Then the werecat roared, closing in on its next victim. Dante let loose a low guttural growl, challenging the creature. It turned with amazing speed and exactness, letting loose a trumpeting call. Horses screamed in their stalls, rearing and kicking at the doors. The woman ran drawing the werebeast’s attention. Like its cousin the werewolf, the werecat was humanistic.
Dante attacked, digging his fingers into the matted grease covered pelt. The ensuing battle was taxingly physical. But, as fate would have it Dante would be the victor that day. He sat crouched before the body, his face and hands smeared with blood. His veins were humming with the werecat’s blood.
Thus begins the insanity of Dante Inferno. Otherwise known as the possession done by the guy hiding out in the medallion
occ- I was in the mood for something gruesome.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Any reply that Erin might have made was eclipsed by the terrified screams of a young woman somewhere in the streets. That scream alone told her all that she needed to know. It was high pitched, telling her that the person was filled with an irrational terror of something that she did not quite understand but knew instinctively was evil; short, which meant that she was afraid to attract attention but was unable not to give voice to the horror before her eyes; and it came twice, meaning that two separate actions had taken place, the second one building off the first. Horses screamed, and she heard the harsh and telltale animalistic cries of otherworldly creatures fighting. Dante. By the blood of the Goddess, what sort of trouble had he gotten himself into?

"Stay here!" Lyra ordered Erin, pushing him gently away from the door. "I'll be back." Or at least, she hoped she would be back anyway. In the world she lived in, there was no way of knowing whether or not she would see the next sunrise. Anything could happen. On impulse she kissed his cheek, then hurried out, shutting the door firmly behind her. She hoped that it would indicate to him to stay put.

Lyra sprinted down the winding staircase and forced herself through the suddenly stiff crowd of people in the bar. All were turned towards the door leading out into the street where the sounds of the fight had subsided. Unfriendly and hostile glances hit her like a physical force as she pushed her way through the throng, but she did her best to ignore the stares. Let them stare, her friends might be in jeopardy. She pulled the door open and ran out into the light of the morning. Odd... Attacks and such stereotypically happened at night and in dark alleys. However, this was the real world and it didn't matter what time of day it was. Evil wasn't picky when it wanted someone dead.

"Dante!" Lyra cried fearfully, running towards the crouching form of the vampire. A body lay before him... blood staining the dusty ground an ugly dark color akin to black. Please, let it not be Dante's, she thought frantically, slowing to a stop. Before the vampire lay the broken and bloodied body of a werecat. It was, quite clearly, dead. A few feet away, the body of a young girl lay, her pale hair blowing slightly about her white face with the wind, blood still oozing from the bite wound in her neck. Her slender arms curved gracefully by her sides, eyes wide open in an expression of horror, terror, and agony. It would not have taken her long to die, but it would have been a punishing way to go. She couldn't believe that Dante would have killed the girl... More likely that had been done by the werecat and Dante killed it in retaliation. Or at least, that was what she hoped.

But something... something wasn't quite right. Dante's fangs hadn't retracted, and his body was too tense - like a spring just waiting to snap. His breathing was quick and heavy, but not labored. Something was wrong.

"Dante?" she asked tentatively, laying a hand on his shoulder.

ooc: A[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] And they were having a moment too. xD

_________
Back to top Go down
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Dante wipped around snarrling. The first thing noticeable were his eyes, not their usual lusterouse green. But a sicking yellow with cat like pupil. The crowd fell scilent so you could hear the slow drip of blood, falling from his fingers. His fangs curled over his bottom lip. His features were almost... catlike.
With a fluid movement, the creature that had taken up recidence in Dantes mind grabbed the front of Lyras armor and picked her up. Dangling her at arms length.
"There is a reason vampires are called demon born," Dracus' voice issued from Dantes mouth. "A little taist of of the wrong blood or years of being alone can make them crazy. Your friend here just needed a little push."
The creature holding Lyra cocked his head as if wondering what would happen if he threw her as hard as he could.

Occ- Sorry couldent resist. I thought it would be a perfect moment.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Lyra's eyes widened. Not Dante too! Both of the men were, in some way, mentally damaged. Erin would probably be okay soon enough once she figured out what was wrong with him, for it hadn't escaped her notice that his fire hadn't been working right a few minutes ago. But Dante... She had never seen anyone possessed before. She didn't know what to do or what to expect, only to assume the worst.

Dante's movements were quick, but jerky. His host wasn't perfectly settled in yet. The vampire bared his fangs at her in an ugly snarl, blood gleaming bright against the white. His green eyes had lost their shine, fading to a sickly yellow color with slits for pupils like some venomous snake. Before she could utter a sound, he seized her by the straps of her armor and lifted her up off the ground, holding her an arms length away from him. He opened his mouth, and a voice like Dante's but was strangely alien at the same time issued from his throat. It was colder than ice, sharper than sword, and darker and more potent than the hottest fires.

Lyra did not mean to act as she did next. All she knew was that Dante was no longer Dante, but more likely than not the same creature which had been so focused on destroying Erin. Dante had taken the medallion, and whatever it was lashed out at him, thwarted of its prize. Poor Dante, victim to circumstance. At the moment, though, she hand't time to pity him and all of this flashed through her mind in a heartbeat. Dante could kill her if he wanted to, and she wouldn't be able to stop him. Why? Because she knew who he really was, the good soul underneath whatever was taking over his mind. She would never be able to hurt him. She was the last one standing.

Maybe it was for this reason, that Lyra lost control. Her body began to grow very hot very fast, but she was not aware of this. All she knew was the fear and anticipation of what was going to happen to her if she couldn't break free. Strangling madly and with all her might, she did everything in her power to try to make him let her go, but his grip was stronger than iron and just as insusceptible to her vain attempts to make him release her. Now her body was no longer hot, but the air around her glowed with the telltale radiance of a powerful aura. Bluish flames licked around her as she continued to desperately struggle. Her fire did not burn her, and she was unaware that she was conjuring it, but it could certainly harm the vampire. Indeed, as her panic grew so did the heat of the flames.

ooc: Oh my gosh, it was perfect! And please throw her very hard. Very Happy

_________

Last edited by WolfGirl on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color fail)
Back to top Go down
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Dracus' eyes widened and he threw her, hard. The inhumanity of the moment shone through and Dracus held out his hands. One of the windows in the stables shattered and the saddle bag that held the medalion flew through it.
"You must be the Legicy Lyra. " Dracus twisted dantes features into a grusom leer. "You are far prettier in person my dear. I see why this leach likes you so, you remind him of his Hanna. Except she had no legicy. Don't worry, He doesn't love you like that. "
He proceeded to pull the medalion and a bent sword out of the bags. The sword was the one Dante had bent out of shape the day he had met Erin and Lyra. With a flick of his wrist the sword filled itself out. The steel and silver blade reflected the ligh. That was when the crowd scattered screaming. Dracus placed the medalion around his neck. Then moved in on Lyra.
Occ- your wish is my command.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 am

Lyra was flung through the air, far harder than Dante ever would have managed alone and that fact alone scared her. The ground seemed to all but fly up to meet her, and she landed hard on her back. The impact knocked the breath out of her, effectively stunning her for a few seconds. She blinked, trying to clear her vision. Weakly, she moved her limps in a vain attempt to orient herself and get up, but only succeeded in rolling over. Suddenly, shock coursed through her boy and she thrashed her limbs, scrambling to her feet. Her vision swam, but she managed to stay on her feet, blinking to clear it. Her focus sharpened and she realized that Dracus/Dante was saying something.

The thing that had taken over Dante drew a bent sword, and one that she recognized. Dante had bent it the day that he'd met them. With a flick of his wrist, it straightened out, and Lyra took a nervous step back. She had no weapon, no way of defending herself other than her fire... The only thing that she could do would be to run... because she didn't want to hurt Dante. She wanted Dracus dead, not her friend. The crowd that had gathered around them started to scream, and as if on cue Dante placed the medallion around his neck. Damn.

The Elf took a step back, raising her hands in a defensive gesture. Twin balls of white-hot fire blazed in her hands. "Leave Dante alone, Dracus," Lyra said in a hard, steady voice. She was terrified, but her fear gave her strength. "Leave while you still have a host." Lyra didn't intend to kill Dante, but if it came down to that she would have to. Hopefully, there was still enough of Dante left for him to be able to be saved.

ooc: Watch. This. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It. Is. Funny. Very Happy

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Erin heard screams and a fight somewhere in the street. "Great. Guess peace really doesn't last long does it?" The warrior snatched his bow and quiver from the floor and kicked open the door. the first rays of morning light illuminated the day-walker, Dante, advancing on Lyra, only, it seemed Dante wasn't exactly acting like Dante anymore. "DAY-WALKER! Get on your knees or i put an arrow in your hand!!" Erin had an arrow notched already and let loose a warning shot that sped past Dante's left ear and buried itself in a merchant's cart behind the vampire. "The next one WILL hit you, day-walker, so get on your knees and put you hands on your head!" Erin was tired. All he wanted to do was sleep and hope the trouble would pass him by, but he had been the host to the medallion, and now, it seems the medallion was putting everyone in harms way. The warrior felt he had a responsibility to at least TRY to help.

"I am waiting Day-Walker...and i am not a patient person...also...you and i both know that i am rather tired...my hand MIGHT just slip and this arrow MIGHT just bury itself in you before i "want" it to...So i suggest you give up now!"

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Dracus laughed, high clear and crule. "Pleasure to see you on your feet Erin Wolf."
Dracus looked at the bow with disinterist, while making a tutting noise. "Not in the mood for a fair fight I see, how unsportsmanly of you."
A ghost like figure materialized behind Lyra. It was Dante... but not quite Dante. The man had crows feet at the corners of his eyes, he was also much older that the seventeen year old vampiric body. He layed a hand on her shoulder.
"Lyra get up, Now." the sensation was almost as if someone had poured a healers energy into Lyra. "Break the medalion, hurry."

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Lyra's brown eyes were huge and almost black from fear, and the sudden apparition next to her in Dante's form did not help matters. It was impossible to tell just by looking at her because she wore an expression of grim determination, but inside she was terrified that she might hurt Dante while trying to get at Dracus. That was the problem with possession; no matter what you did, the thing that needed to be destroyed couldn't be harmed by physical means... and that was all she really knew. However, if nothing else Dante's image enabled her to get a grip on herself.

Rarely did a situation come where Lyra was desperate enough to summon salamanders, but she wasn't desperate now. She had no other defenses. She was out of options, effectively backed into a corner. Without responding directly to the apparition's words, she bent down and placed her right hand flat upon the ground, fingers spread wide. Her lips moved, but no sound came out as she chanted soundlessly. In reality, there were no words. The movement was used only to connect the need to solid action. What was needed was for the summoner to be able to connect the links between what was thought to be reality, and then the possible. Once this was done, nearly anything was possible. Lyra slowly lifted her hand, and with it rose... What?

It was a creature created of translucent golden flames that radiated heat and light. Intelligent, bright green eyes with slit pupils blinked slowly, and it slowly rose to its hind legs. The salamander raised its head and emitted a high whistling sound that made Lyra's ears twitch at the volume of the pitch. It fell back to all fours, and though it could hardly weigh anything at all, the ground shook with the impact. It swished its tail, gaze locked on the medallion.

While it looked easy enough, Lyra had been exhausted before but summoning the salamander had almost killed her. She never should have tried to do so, but being weaponless and unable to fight through any other means that wouldn't be a quick route to killing Dante had forced her hand. She stumbled slightly as she got to her feet, but managed to stay upright, though feeling sick and dizzy. Adrenaline rush was the only thing that sustained her.

"Kill it," she snarled to the salamander she had summoned, gesturing to the medallion around Dante's neck. The salamander did not see her gesture, but it understood nevertheless. With an unearthly shriek that made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. While she was still conscious and in mastery of herself, she could control the salamander. She had told it to kill the medallion, and that's what it would do... or be destroyed trying.

_________
Back to top Go down
Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Dantes apperition poured more energy into Lyra. Then flames engulfed Dracus causing Dantes image to double over in pain. His hand slipped from her shoulder, he flickers in and out of focus. Panting he straited, "That hurt," then almost as quickly as he showed up, he vanished.
When the magical fire vanished, There was a body laying in the center of the street, almost sickenly still. Dantes hair had been bleached silver and a sword, undamaged, sat embedded in a tree.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    

Back to top Go down

Rescue Mission
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next