Dark Fantasy Mania

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Human Village and the Journey To

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Flash
Admin
Flash

A Human Village and the Journey To Empty
PostSubject: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Lyra kept her eyes straight ahead, straight ahead. She pushed aside a branch and a shower of snow fell off. Not even bothering to brush it aside, she kept going, ducking and weaving among the trees. The forest was far more a home to her than the forbidding terrain of Scopulous, even if her powers had really come alive there. This was her birthplace and it had a special place in her heart. Her feet hardly sank into the hard, crusty snow as she skimmed along on light feet. It would probably be wise to get boots of some sort at the next village they came to, because bare feet in there freezing temperatures were not a smart move. Ah well, it's what she got for being a scatterbrain.

She stopped as a cold wind ruffled the dark firs, blowing snow into her face and eyes. She shivered and coughed, shaking her head to get the snow off. Her hair spun around her like water and she started off again. Crunch, crunch, over the snow. Somewhere, far away and through the trees, a bird began to sing.

ooc: Since Erin and Shadow are probably a lot heavier, she should probably be a good ways ahead of them at this point because she's lighter and doesn't break through the snow with every step. they're all but wading in it at this point. xD

_________
Lyra Clear-Waters - 18 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: Leave Out All The Rest ~ Linkin Park
Anatkah - 50, looks fifteen - Dryad
Merthissa - 53, looks older - Human Wizard - Adriele the Screech Owl - Theme Song: "Not Strong Enough" ~ Apocalyptica
Gaelgathor "Gael" - 23 - Werewolf of Human Descent - Theme Song: Iridescent ~ Linkin Park
Alrog - 78 - Half Dwarf - Theme Song: All I Want ~ A Day To Remember
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantasyworldmania.forumotion.com
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:58 pm

The forrest was quite. Any crazy person would say, almost too quite. Problems almost followed thoughs types of people. Luckly Dante was naturaly optomistic. But being undead ruined the vibe. The mare sliced through the snow with relative ease.
Snow crunched under the the mare. The swaying of the horse was hypnotic. Dante jumped when he heared some one near by.
"Show yourself," he demaned.

ooc-hope you don't mind I got bored waiting for jay

_________
Knight's Characters:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Lyra recognized Dante's voice about a hundred yards to her left and she stiffened. She had nothing against the vampire, but she would be a liar if she didn't admit to herself that the vampire unnerved her somewhat. Maybe it was because, by definition, he was a monster, however good his intentions may or may not be. She stopped and listened. She didn't want to give the impression that she was hiding from him, so she glanced back at Erin apologetically and moved off in the direction of Dante's voice.

"It's us," she said, voice raised slightly so that he could hear her through the trees. She did not go directly to him though, she was traveling with Erin... hadn't expected to meet up with the vampire again so soon. It seemed that the Goddess had a different idea.

ooc: Aw, Knight. Could you post somewhere else next time?

_________
Lyra Clear-Waters - 18 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: Leave Out All The Rest ~ Linkin Park
Merthissa - 53, looks older - Human Wizard - Adriele the Screech Owl - Theme Song: "Not Strong Enough" ~ Apocalyptica
Gaelgathor "Gael" - 23 - Werewolf of Human Descent - Theme Song: Iridescent ~ Linkin Park
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:29 pm

"Hey? You mind slowing down a bit?" Erin huffed gruffly. "Shadow and I may not be as fast or as light as you, but we can march day in and day out...So, care to give us a chance to catch up?"

Erin pants and Shadow's legs were soaked from the snow, but they ceased to notice it. After years of hard living, little seemed to bother them anymore; hot or cold, tired or rested, their behavior rarely changed. They were fairly non-expressive individuals, warriors to the bone, and devoted to serve others, to the death, if need be. Erin and Shadow's sensitive eyes were starting to be blinded by the glaring sunlight that danced of the ice crystals below their feet, forcing them to squint. They were more creatures of the night...monsters of the dark...and the bright light made them feel slightly uncomfortable and exposed.

Erin was about to readjust his pack when he froze. Shadow’s ears pinned back and he let loose a spine tingling howl. The wolf stepped forward, suddenly seeming to move gracefully and effortlessly over the snow. Erin turned slowly, Deathblade already drawn and ready.

“SHOW YOURSELF FIRST!” Erin growled harshly. You don’t obey the enemy…and, indeed, he deemed all a threat until proven otherwise…such was what his life had taught him.

_________
Erin Wolf - 27 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Justinian Ravenclaw - 19 - Human

Kazaryl the Silver Serpent - 120 - Dragon

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

Elhren Grisshem - 14 - Half Elf

The Shadow King - thousands of years old? - Legacy of Fire

Kypler Flammarus- 46 - Elf/Sorcerer

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chivalrynow.net/
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Dante relaxed visibly, "Sorry about that you can never be to carefull out here,"
it was true Dante had come across several strange creatures in the woods. Other half crazed vampires included. The mare snorted ears pricked forward recognsing the elf. "Didn't execpect to run into you guys out here."
To be honest he felt uncomfortable like he was intruding. "I forgot to apologise fo scaring you earlier." He raised his voice, " Its me, I was just leaving."

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Lyra heard Erin's challenge through the frozen woods and sighed to herself. She took a few steps back, then turned and looked back. Her expression read clearly, "Calm down." She turned back to Dante with a shrug. She didn't really care that they'd met up again, but she did find the coincidence odd. Ah well, it wasn't up to her to fathom as to why things happened the way they did. All she was here to do was stay alive long enough to make a difference in the realms... To do something with her life that would make all the pain worth having lived through.

"Don't worry," Lyra said breezily to the vampire. He face was neutral though, and it was hard to tell if there were any implications under the mask. "You aiming to beat the blizzard too? I expect this one to hit within the next to days at the most... You ought to reach it though, before nightfall on your mare."

She gave the creature an appraising look, then her brown-eyed gaze flickered back to Dante. He looked uncomfortable and her heart sank. Great. She had no intentions of getting involved with Erin Wolf in any other way than a traveling companion and she hoped that he felt the same. If he let on in any way that he was attracted to her too, she'd be gone before it could mean a darned. She wasn't afraid of what might happen, but she didn't think she could take the pain if she caused his death... and if he got close to her, that was what was going to happen.

_________
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:44 pm

"She likes you,"Dante smiled. The mare shook her head in responce, flicking Dante in the face with her long mane. "Ouch,"
He blinked several times to clear his vision. "Evil dwarf horse," he muttered under his breath.
Dante opened a saddle bag pulling out the large snow cat skin, "here, you'd be doing me a favor."
He handed it to her, "Till we meet again."
He spurred his horse on.

_________
Knight's Characters:

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Lyra accepted it, but before she could open her mouth to thank him, Dante had gone into the forest. Whether good or bad, Lyra's pack was running painfully low. She bent down and carefully folded the skin, trying not to let anything of what she was thinking for feeling bleed onto her face. She felt miserable every time she saw a skin like this. All she could do was hope that it had been treated as honorably in death as it had deserved in life. With a shiver, she folded it tightly and forced it into the pack. She didn't want to look at it now. Her heart heavy, she adjusted the straps, stalling for time.

It wasn't that she was scared of Erin or his wolf, any sane person would be, it was that she wasn't scared enough of him. It was that she was too accustomed to danger for him to only intimidate her in the most expected of ways. He was a man of considerable strength with a dire wolf and she had the insanity to travel alone with him. For whatever inexplicable reason, she trusted him. That was probably extremely stupid of her, to trust him, but she did and here she was.

Lyra swung her pack back on and looked in the direction that Dante had taken. With a slight shake of her head, she walked slowly back to where Erin and Shadow were waiting. She looked at Deathblade in his hands and at Shadow's tense and ready position and sighed inwardly. He was so ready to believe that the world was nothing but evil and enemies. While she bore them no ill will, she did hope that he wasn't always so tense. If so, she'd probably go insane.

"It was just Dante," she said quietly, looking from one to the other. "He's gone now... It's alright..."

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Erin sighed an replaced the weapon in its scabbard.

"I apologize...i...am not used to having people around me...usually...i find myself constantly under attack...so...i react as such..." He turned away, resigned. What did it matter? She may like him...perhaps...but he was still a monster...at least...that's what he thought she saw him as...He guessed at what went through her head...

Look at him...built to kill...that sword of his...has taken more lives than i have seen...his hands...strong enough to choke out life...and his eyes...are harder than steel...his heart...harder than iron...he is no more than the monsters i was told about that haunt the dark places of the world....who is this beast that claims to he human? And that wolf...savage..just a beast...he'd sooner kill me than look at me...

Erin had a hundred and one different ways in his mind that Lyra could be considering he and Shadow at the moment....none of them were flattering in the least.

He sighed. He was hopeless...She and Dante...the vampire...were... He decided to forget about it...or at least, that was his plan. But he couldnt help but fell jealous...How had a vampire??? What did he say when they were outside the cave together? What was going on??

He growled, ignored her, and trudged on through the snow...

_________
Erin Wolf - 27 - Legacy of Fire - Theme Song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Lyra ducked her head at his words, at the look in his eyes, in the misery of causing him more grief. Hurt glazed her own eyes, but it was gone in an instant. What was going through his mind right now? Did the idiot honestly think that there was something going on between her and Dante? She sighed and followed after them, her feet sinking into the soft snow as she walked in their footprints. Dante was nice, but he wasn't Erin. Oh sure, she could tell that Dante was interested, but she wasn't. Couldn't he see that? Probably not, from his body language. She could tell that he felt mixed up inside, but there wasn't a thing that she could do about it if he wouldn't let her... and anyway... She slowed herself down here. It just wouldn't work. Her head hurt from thinking about it too much though. What she wanted and what was best was a total contradiction. No matter what she chose, she would end up with guilt gnawing at her. Once the storm came and went, maybe she could head south again and save him the trouble. In the end, it would be the more considerate option, sparing both of them the pain that was sure to come. With the amulet, it was, in reality, the only option.

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:17 pm

OOC: Two days later, Erin an Lyra sat down at the local inn and awaited the arrival of their meals...

Erin hadn't said more than a few sentences since "the dante incident". Erin had left Shadow outside the inn, because he was rather large...and besides...who let giant "dogs" into inns anyways? Erin glanced at the elf maid. She seemed upset. He sighed.

"Look...if you and Dante are..." He trailed off. He didn't want to say it. He couldn't believe he was saying it...He didn't finish the statement and instead examined a very interesting burr lodged in his cloak.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Lyra covered her face with her hands. Oh Goddess. Not this, not now. She choked back a sob of frustration and lowered her hands. Her eyes were dry, but her face was not expressionless this time. It was filled with everything that she usually kept hidden behind a calm mask. Sadness, affection, guilt, confusion, all were suddenly revealed to him as she gazed at him through helpless eyes.

"Erin," Lyra said softly. She looked at him miserably. "You really don't get it, do you?" She shook her head and laughed bitterly. "No, Erin, we're not. Does that help you at all?"

Her voice was rising slightly and she broke off, squeezing her eyes tightly shut in an effort to bring herself back under control. The Elf maiden looked down at the table that they were sitting at, trying to distract herself. Unfortunately, the worn wood was unable to take her mind off the present. With a sigh, she looked back at him. Her expression was back to a mask of pretend serenity. Only the eyes reflected the storm that raged inside of her.

_________
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:36 pm

Ro'car shouldered his way through a pair of drunken revellers, his riding boots making dull knocks on the wooden floor of the inn. The weather was looking bad, and he needed a safe bed before he could resume his search.

Suddenly, he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. A massive white beast of some sort, maybe a wolf. Ro'car was a stranger to these lands, but he could assume that a pet of that size was just as common as a tame Auroch. He shifted his gaze, and noticed a pair sitting at the table right beside it: a pale elf woman and a raven-haired man

She's the mark, Ro'car thought, You don't see a group like that very often.

When Ro'car had accepted the job, the pile of gold the rich old man had shown him just about made his jaw drop to the floor.

"This elf will be carrying a necklace. It's a...family heirloom that she has taken it upon hersef to steal and sell to the highest bidder. All you must do is take it, discreetly, and return to me" the old man told him.

Ro'car knew something was off. After all, you hired a thief for this kind of job. Clearly, the man expected the kind of trouble that only a well-placed knife could solve. Ro'car disliked his situation, but no more than a man who knew he would need to walk through a swamp to avoid a storm. Some things must be done.

Ro'car discreetly walked up to the table, and put on a smile.

"Excuse me," he began, "but I am a poor stranger to these parts, and the divines know the inkeeper charges more than two week's wages for a night's stay. Perhaps we could share a room and split the burden?"

_________
Ro'car Jholo - 27 - Human ("Iron" by Woodkid)
Shard - 16 - Ice legacy ("Still Alive" by Lisa Miskovsky)

Your worth is determined not by what you have done, but what you will do.

Last edited by Wrathanet on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Lyra stiffened when the man walked over the their table with his strange proposition. She didn't like the look of him and the way he had come their way so deliberately. Her dark eyes darted to Erin, trusting him to handle the situation. Wordlessly, she dropped her eyes to the table. The amulet was tucked away out of sight and there was no way that he could have spotted it, but she was suddenly fearful. The fear was irrational, but she was afraid nevertheless. What a good thing that she had learned to keep her face a closed book.

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:47 pm

Erin looked at her. He sighed.

"Well...I owe you an apology then, don't I?" He looked at her, his own feelings showing clearly in his chocolate eyes. "I am sorry...i guess...i guess i'm just a jerk...and have been for the last two days...Can you forgive me?" He traced an old scratch on the table with his nail and fidgeted with his wring. It was warm in the inn, unlike the frozen lands outside. He pulled his cloak tighter around his shoulders.

A stranger walked up to them. The newcomer sought to bed down in their room. Erin growled and looked the man over with supreme care, not a detail left out.

Nothing from the man's dirtied riding boots, indicative of a long travel, to the man's rough and calloused/scarred hands, a sure sign that he knew hand to hand combat. Erin met the newcomer's eyes, his dark eyes were like bottomless pits of fierceness, each threatening to consume any who stared too long into them...

Erin rose silently as the moon, and darker than a stormy night. "Right. And i am actually a dwarf who's mother was a rainbow colored dragon that fell in love with the Shadow...What do you want?" Erin's hand strayed to his hand and a half sword. He meant to show the newcomer that he wasn't one to trifle with.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Ro'car smirked inwardly.

They are not the fools I had hoped for. No matter

Ro'car laughed nervously, and brought his hands up to his shoulders. "Calm yourself, friend. I was only hoping to make a deal that would aid all of us. If money is an issue, I suppose I could scrounge up three-quarters of the room rent. But if you insist, I will leave this inn and sleep among the trees. I have done so many times before."

The last part wasn't a lie, but those trees had been in Sylvia. He hated nothing more than the idea of sleeping outside in the snow covered terrain of Lapidem, and he made no effort to conceal this.

_________

Last edited by Wrathanet on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to change the color again)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Lyra looked anxiously from Erin to the man and back again. Oh Goddess, if Erin started a fight with this man, she'd have to hang herself because she felt in some way that she was responsible. She shifted slightly back in her seat, pulling her hood over her head to cast her face into shadows. She felt safer for some reason, but in no way were they in the clear. Anticipation biting at her like a little animal, she looked back to the man. She had seen a lot of people in her time, but something about him unsettled her. What it was, she was unsure of, but it was there.

Lyra's heart was a soft one, but she didn't like the crafty glint in his eyes. "You could always try the stables," she said from beneath her hood. Her voice was cold. "The heat of the animals makes the cold bearable."

In reality, she just wanted to be as far away from him as possible right now. Unfortunately, she got the impression that his man would be hard to shake off. He had to be up to something to keep at it the way he was, especially since Erin had it more than clear that the answer was 'no'. What were they supposed to do? What was she supposed to do?

ooc: Oooohhhhh; he should break in sometime during the night or something. I dunno!

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Erin frowned at the stranger. “Yeah…try the stables buddy…” Erin jerked his thumb towards the door. “I think you better leave now…” Erin’s hand hadn’t left his weapon. “What are you waiting for? Go on…”

Erin was well built and looked formidable, his traveler’s cloak hid his armor which, would reveal that he was a bit wealthier than he let on…His sword was not plain either. Its gold, jeweled hilt glittered with rubies, and diamonds. It was streaked with sapphire. The pommel was a large vermilion ruby. Erin’s hand never strayed from the weapon and his eyes never left the stranger’s face.

Erin felt worry begin to creep up on him…Who was this man? And why do I feel that I cannot let my guard down for a moment with him around me? AND why do I feel as though Lyra is in grave danger??

Erin rose, “Scram buddy… or else…” Erin stepped forward threateningly…

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:51 pm

The tough one looks like he'd take just about anyone in a fair duel. If I could get at him before he could draw his weapon though...
Ro'car knew he couldn't risk jumping the strangers now. Not with a crowd of people around and one of them gripping a sword. He would have another chance.

He spoke, apologetically, "Friend, I am sorry that I have disturbed you and your companion. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I believen now is a good time for me to take my leave."

Ro'car strode out of the inn, amused. Come to think of it, I would probably be more at home in the stables than with those two anyway.

_________

Last edited by Wrathanet on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : making the first bit in italics)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:01 am

Lyra let her hood fall back and she let her anxiety reflect in her eyes when she looked at him. He obviously had gotten a bad feeling about the stranger as well, but what to make of it? She bit her lip nervously, then realized what she was doing and spoke instead.

"What was that all about?" she asked him. "You don't know him, do you?" She toyed with a strand of her hair, an old nervous habit because wringing her hands like an old woman didn't seem like the best gesture at the moment. He had sure seemed intent on something, whoever he had been. Remembering the sly look in his eyes, she shivered. He wanted something, she was sure of that.

The other people in the inn hadn't seemed to have noticed anything out of place. There was talking and laughing loud enough to muffle their conversation, so she felt confident that no one of consequence had overheard or had seen what had just taken place. The smell of drink and the odor of human being hung in the air along with the smoke that occasionally escaped the chimney and waved into the rest of the room. She tried not to think too much on the odd encounter, but that wasn't possible right now. The strange man bore ill, she could see that plainly.

_________
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:11 am

Erin sat warily. “Lyra…don’t wander off around here…that fellow…is dangerous…VERY dangerous…’ Erin hissed venomously. “Please don’t leave my sight…that man…was a killer…a merc…and he wants something…” He eyed where her amulet was hidden. He rested a hand on her shoulder. “Perhaps we ought to head to the rooms now…You go on up. I’ll bring our food there, alright?”

He walked over to the bartender to see where the food had gone, leaving Lyra but a few paces away. Behind them were the stairs that led up to the rooms.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 am

"You're dangerous too," Lyra pointed out boldly, giving him a look that said plainly that she could take care of herself. She had managed to survive without him, despite what he might think otherwise. Men and their egos.

Nevertheless, she got up without protesting and made her way through the crowd. She smiled gently as she made her way through the crowd of people. From looking at her, one would never guess the panic that her mind was in right now. She hated crowds; they made her feel suffocated, stifled. When she reached the stairs, she inhaled deeply to clear her head and cast a troubled look over to where Erin was. She looked quickly away, however, and disappeared up the stairs.

It wasn't hard to find their rooms, and she pushed open the flimsy door with only a moment's hesitation. The room was rather bare, with a cot shoved haphazardly into a corner and a chamber pot underneath that. A crudely carved wooden table rose about two feet off the ground in the center of the room. Aside from that, there were no other adornments. She deposited her pack carefully in a corner, then sat gingerly on the cot, waiting for Erin.

_________
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 am

Ro'car was waiting outside of the inn. When he was confident that the two marks had left for their room, he returned to the bar.

He discreetly placed a gold coin on the counter of the bar. "My good man, I was supposed to share a room with my friends tonight, but it appears that they have already departed. By any chance, did either of them buy a bed for the night?" Ro'car described Erin and Lyra to the bartender.

The bartender replied, "The man didn't seem to want any strangers asking after him. How can I be sure you really know 'im?"

Ro'car slid another gold onto the counter. "This town sure is a lonely place. You must not get much business around here. It would be a shame if you were to pass up a profitable venture out of mere suspicion.

A third gold was all it took for the barkeep to reveal Lyra and Erin's room.

_________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:50 am

Erin collected the food and drinks, using his skill as a martial artist he balanced all of the food and drink and headed up towards the room. The stairs creaked with every step. He was weighed down by his gear, armor, weapon, and now the food and drink. He guessed Lyra would laugh if the stairs broke under foot…He stepped gingerly all the way to the top of the stairs. He arrived at the room and rapped on the door thrice.

“Lyra? You there?” He nudged the door open with his foot.

_________

Loren Strykar - 23 - Elf

- Wolf
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:58 am

Lyra got to her feet and hurried to the door, running a hand through her brown hair nervously. She pulled open the door and gaped at his balancing act. While it was brilliant of him to have made it up the stairs without dropping everything and falling over backwards, it still put her on edge. She closed her mouth.

"Erin!" she cried, opening the door wider and collecting the dishes from him. "Goddess, Wolf. Is there nothing that you can't do?" Her voice was faintly teasing when she addressed him. She set the dishes down and turned back to him with the funny, half-smile of someone who doesn't quite know how to quite get it right.

_________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Human Village and the Journey To
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next