Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking Down The Road

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Flash
Admin
Flash

Walking Down The Road - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 pm

"My child!" Merthissa exclaimed, pounding his staff on the road in a mixture of anger and indignation. "Have you ever heard of the peace of silence?" He glared ahead, aged knuckles white with the force that he was clutching his staff. He took note of this and relaxed his grip, having just come very close to turning around and whacking the idiot boy's head off. Why could he not be content with keeping his blabbering mouth shut for a few minutes at least? It was insane. Goddess, and he thought that people from Caligo were quiet. Goddess have mercy on him, it must have changed since his last time here.

"Talking will not only give away our position to monsters that may or may not want to hurt us very badly, but it also temps me to do some very regrettable things!" With that, he quickened his pace with a: "Now hurry up, boy!" If the boy had given him his name, he had already forgotten it. Boy seemed much more appropriate to both call and think of him.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:14 pm

"I am NOT your child!" I shout angrily. "If monsters hear me then let them come! If the Shadow hears me let him come!" I glare at him "I bet you're regretting not killing me now aren't you?!" I growl and Indigo follows my lead. I follow him reluctantly and still slowly. I start humming a song to annoy him even more.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:29 pm

At this, Merthissa's patience snapped. Whirling around, he rapped him sharply on the head with his staff, sharply, but not hard enough to raise a lump or hurt him. It was more like a reprimand. However, what really mattered was what became of this. As the wizard whirled, he made a violent slashing movement across his throat with his hand. As soon as he had done so, the symbols on the staff lit up with white light and when the polished wood connected with the boy's head, the light was absorbed into him. The wizard glared at the boy with an evil eye.

"Offending a wizard is often the last mistake most people make," he hissed through his teeth, voice coming out like the hissing of a snake as a result. His face could not be seen because of the shadow cast by his hood and the poor lighting and the snake-like voice and the absence of face made a spooky pair. "As you are ignorant to this, take that as a warning."

For what the old wizard had done was use a simple spell to render the boy unable to make a sound. It could be easily removed, but he wanted to see his reaction to the spell first before lifting it. Goddess knew the boy was a pain.
Back to top Go down
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:42 pm

I was going to complain but no sound emerged from my mouth. Eyes filling with rage I form a ball of water and kit him in the head with it. What he never knew was even if he dodged the ball would not fail to find its target. Smiling I move swiftly down the road following it on the way to Sylvia. Faster than the newly discovered wizard had done before.Looking back to see his reaction I grinned evilly, and continued down the road.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:08 am

Merthissa raised his staff and the ball of water dissolved into steam with a hiss as the air around him turned suddenly as hot as a desert. Contemptuously, he followed after the Legacy. Good thing that the child was finally moving at a pace that could be called faster than a walk. Delighted that he had spurred such events, he quickened his pace and had caught up with him in under a minute. This was a pace that he could keep in his sleep, having only slowed because the boy had told him to do so, and then again because he hadn't wanted to leave him in the dust. His satisfaction was short lived.

Up ahead, Adriele looked back and saw a flash of light erupt from her master's staff through the darkness. She glanced over to the vampire that she was keeping a sharp watch on to discover that it had stopped. Anxious, she swooped lower and saw, to her horror, that it had turned in the direction of the light. It didn't take a genius to tell that the sight of light in this darkness had infuriated the creature, for it had gone suddenly rigid. Then, without warning, it turned toward the two travelers and began to run. Not away, but towards, and the Screech Owl was more than certain as to its intentions.

Master!

The all but emotionless telepathic voice that belonged to Adriele slammed into the wizard's consciousness. For an owl, there was more fear in it than he would like to have heard. Worried, he stiffened and straightened. "Stop," he ordered the boy, but did not take the time to see whether or not the order was obeyed.

Adriele. His mental voice was urgent. What do you see?

The little owl swooped lower, letting the wind carry her back to them, in hot pursuit of the vampire that was moving towards her master with inhuman speed. Dressed in ragged clothes that were tattered and torn, its skin was sunken from lack of food and its skin was so white that it reflected the light from the moon. It's face was twisted into a chilling expression of hunger and desperation and she could tell that it was close to death. If her master had not happened along, it would have been dead in the next few days.

Vampire. Approaching fast. Master-

She was cut off by a not-so-muffled swear from Merthissa. A vampire. Exactly what they did not need right now.

How far away is the beast? Merthissa demanded, swinging around to face the direction that Adriele had indicated that he was in previously. His mental voice sounded annoyed, angry, and exasperated. He could handle a vampire with no problem, but they were a nuisance.

Adriele looked down. The monster was closing in on the small party fast. In less than a minute, he would be one them. On top of you. Those were the last words that she uttered before the vampire closed in. With a screech, she tucked in her wings and plummeted. Sharp beak pecked at the monster's eyes, it's dead white skin. It gave a howl of pain and furry and swatted her away with impossible strength. The owl found herself thrown back, and; before she could recover and regain flight, she crashed into the ground. Stunned, she lay limp as a child's doll.

Merthissa roared in anger. This was unacceptable. No one and nothing harmed his Adriele, especially this slavering, half-dead excuse for a living being. He was old, but he had been tough in his youth and he was still tough. As the vampire took a step nearer in advance, he raised his staff and struck it a stunning blow to the face. It only shook its head and carried on however. Its dark brown bangs flopped into it's sweat-streaked face and clung there. Longs strings of drool hung from the gaping mouth as it salivated in anticipation of the kill. Its desperate and bloodshot eyes seemed to bulge in the starved face, giving it a look of complete and utter insanity.

With a snarl, Merthissa brandished his staff and the vampire took a fatal swipe at him. The old wizard made a slashing gesture with the staff and golden flames erupted from the oaken hilt, the symbols along the shaft glowing golden and red light. There vampire's eyes, if this was still possible, widened still further and it let out a horrible sound, filled with terror, pain, and anger. It lunged for him, abandoning all caution and his body caught fire. Screaming and thrashing, it's stark white face contorted into an expression of mortal agony. With another gesture, Merthissa silenced the beast and it choked on its words, the silence spiraling horribly until the body was burnt away to nothing but black ash.

He watched it all without pity. When the deed was done, he dropped to the ground and scooped up Adriele, cradling her like one might do a baby. Then, with a tenderness and affection only displayed towards the owl, he tucked her carefully into one of his deep pockets. He stamped his staff on the ground in a gesture and the light winked out. As it did so, it seemed as if the two had been plunged into sudden darkness.
Back to top Go down
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:01 pm

I stop when told and look around. With him distracted I throw another ball of water but manoeuvre it so it will smack the back of his head and he doesn't see it coming. I dont even wait to see if he defeated the vampire and continue down the road once again faster than what we had done before. I was really getting in to the speed walking and quite enjoyed it. Smiling even though I still had no voice I walk on.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Merthissa lifted a hand to his head, feeling an unnatural dampness there. It certainly wasn't blood. But if not, then what? After a moment, it clicked. The boy, instead of even lifting a finger in aide had just run off while the beast focused on him. Great. That was just great. The old wizard felt his blood boil at such disrespect. His brain clouded with red fog and he gnashed his teeth in fury. The miasmia cleared and he struck out again. The boy would pay for this injustice, this insult, the blatant contempt in which that he was held. He was gripping the staff so tightly, that it was a wonder that it had not yet snapped in two, such was the force of his anger.

Stiff with rage and feet flying, he stormed after the boy. Energy crackled along his staff and his eyes burned with blue fire. Fury was parent in every line of the wrinkled face. Muscles tense, his mind was whirling with incoherent thoughts that even he could not distinguish. Was the child mentally messed up? Something was wrong with him, that was for sure. No one could walk away all but skipping from their first vampire attack. It was so illogical, so impossible, that he wanted to strangle him. The Shadow is behind this, he thought bitterly. Mother of All Life, someday I am going to hurt that warped creature.

Murder in his eyes, he approached the boy with an expression that would have had The Shadow worried. No one crossed Merthissa in a temper and got away with it.

ooc: Gavin... that was really, well, an unrealistic reaction to the circumstance.... First off, he'd be terrified after what just happened. Second, he's behaving hugely out of character for someone from Caligo. Third, no one in their right mind would speed walk away from that, they'd be sprinting for all they were worth... and fourth, just so we're clear... HE OUGHT TO BE FREAKED OUT, NOT HAPPY-GO-LUCKY! -__-
Back to top Go down
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:43 pm

I turn to the sound of an angry Merthissa. what i mouth. If you let me keep my voice I never would have hit you. I unsheathe my sword and throw it on the ground. I dont need that because you need me I 'say' to him whilst having a smug look on my face. While we're resting why dont you check on your little pet?! I say smiling. A tough man like that, has a soft spot for a little owl. The things flew around the forest on the sides of the road all night. Why would he care for something like that anyway?

ooc: Wolfie, firstly, it has been explained and discovered that Gavin does not act like somebody from Caligo. Second, He has seen Vampires before and third, i'll change the post to say he seen that the Vamp was defeated if it makes you happier. Fourth, technically he is insane, considering the torture the shadow (His soldiers) have done to him he would be a little insane. Lastly, I like the idea of the shadow somehow doing some sort of magic on Gavin to make him be the way he is
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Merthissa was so angry at the rudeness, that he didn't think. He raised his staff and whirled it in the air above his head. Then he brought it down, pointing it at the sword. A jet of red light erupted from the staff and struck the sword. The weapon glowed scarlet, then gold, then turned into a mouse. Before the creature knew what was happening, he scooped it up and dropped it into his pocket after muttering a quick body-binding curse. The rodent that was the boy's sword would be helpless until he saw fit. The boy was clearly insane... and insanity was a recipe for failure. The boy was, hence, disposable. If another creature came at them, he wasn't going to deal with it. He had power enough to reach safety in less than a day if need be and was in no immediate danger. The boy was a different matter though. The next time, he would have to prove himself.

The wizard ignored the boy's comment about Adriele. Poor girl, he thought unhappily. I promise no further harm will come to you here. He scowled around into the darkness, quickening his pace. He no longer cared whether the child came on or not... Insanity was not something that he wanted or needed to deal with in this place.

ooc: Gavin... I was about an inch away from strangling you and I still am. Don't edit your post, that wouldn't work now. He's human. Insane or not, there are basic principals to which they all respond to. Insane or not, I think more people than not would be freaked out at having a deranged vampire attack them.
Back to top Go down
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:37 pm

I look at him and shrug. Clearly I had really annoyed him, it was not supposed to be like this. If I could apologise I would... Instead I run up to him and tap his shoulder. I think of what to say. Well I suppose it wouldn't be saying it unless the magic that took away my voice is removed and my voice restored. Things like sorry often surfaced in my thoughts but I know that wont work.

Finally the right thing came into my head. An explanation to Merthissa on why he had done what he had been doing through the whole journey. Only growing up with the company of a wolf had made me not see what could offend people and the owl may have been something that made him worse... I shake my head and put it in my hands. Now I'll probably be left here with nothing to defend myself with except Indigo. She'd not be much use, she'll see e as weak now and leave at the first sign of danger. Its not my fault I'm insane but now if Merthissa forgives me I will do everything I can to amend my wrongdoings.

ooc: Wolfie... Sorry. From now on I will asses the situation and find the most appropriate course of action to be taken.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:46 pm

Merthissa rapped the boy on the head. "Speak!" he commanded. Anger gave his voice a hard edge. The spell was lifted as soon as the oaken staff struck his head. It was a hard enough strike to raise a lump, but it was hard enough to hurt. He was angry and impatient, never a good combination. He was also humiliated that the boy had made fun of his devotion to Adriele and that wasn't to be tolerated. Adriele was different from other owls, from everyone really. She was smart, for one thing, and that made all the difference in the world. Unlike the boy... who clearly had issues.

ooc: Gack, just be realistic. Well, as realistic as you CAN be in a fantasy dimension Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:32 am

I hold my head "First of all, OW!" I roll my eyes. SHUT UP GAVIN! I think to myself. "Second of all, I've never grew up with anybody there. Nobody to offend. That's why I didn't know what to do on this trip. I even admit to being a little bit insane..." I cover my mouth. People are not supposed to know that.

"If I did offend you then I'm sorry and I know just the thing that will make you forgive me" I continue rambling out the words speedily, my voice must think its going to get cut off again, "I'll do whatever you need to get the amulet. If it comes to it I'll kill the person that has it so I can get it." I sigh. now here comes the hard part "I'm sorry if I offended you about your owl, if you like her then that's up to you." I start slowing down my pace of speech "If you don't want to take me with you then its understandable and I'll leave you alone"

ooc: I realise the grammar in this post is most likely atrocious. So I apologize to you for that Razz
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Merthissa wanted to hit the boy again when he raised his voice. Did the idiot want to bring more monsters down on them? One vampire today was enough for him. If the child wanted to duke it out with the next one to come around, then he had no problems with that. And if he died, he probably deserved it too for all the trouble that the lad had caused him. Merthissa couldn't even remember the kid's name, but that was only to be expected. He wasn't important enough to remember much about.

"Walk with me," Merthissa said coldly. They needed to talk.

With a sweeping gesture, he turned, cloak fluttering in the slight breeze. The wind died after a moment though and he sighed. "Most of those within this sad realm are some sort of crazy; but you seem to have gotten a bad bite of it. I can probably fix your mental status once we're out of here... I'm good with the psyche." He was too. Usually it wasn't to terribly difficult to figure out what the matter was, and then it was only a task of a little bit of manipulation before all was well again. Once he left Caligo though, there was always the chance that it could clear up on its own.

ooc: Hmm, maybe they ought to become sorta friends... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:44 pm

I realise he's taking it calmer than most. I follow him and begin to get paranoid. what if he isn't taking this calm and is going to kill me once we're further away? What if hes going to turn me into a mouse? What if he feeds me to the owl!!!!!

I shake my head to clear the thoughts and follow him. When I hear him say he could help i brighten a little. Maybe he's not too bad after all. "You dont need to. Not after what I've done throughout this trip." I tell him
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm

"First point," Merthissa said. "I have to put up with you for three more days, so you still have time to redeem yourself. Second point." His strides lengthened and his pale eyes fixed straight ahead. Adriele was a lump in his pocket, still and unmoving. "Second point," he repeated. "You need to be in good, mental condition to do the task that I have in mind for you; so I do need to. Third point, if anything goes wrong, the result shall probably be extremely entertaining." He smiled rather nastily.

"If you have any more questions, fire away. Now isn't the best time for answers, but I will tell you what I can. It's better than not knowing anything at all and you will need the information later on."
Back to top Go down
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:27 pm

I follow him steadily. "Is that all it takes to get there? I was told a week." I ponder on what I said. "Then again, that was a soldier that told me that" I shrug. Following at the same pace I think of questions to ask. "Who is it I am taking this amulet from? Why do you need it so badly? Why cant you get it yourself?" I ask on a roll then realise they could be mistaken as offensive. Especially the last "I mean you could use your magic against her."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Merthissa realized that he had made a mistake here. "It takes three days by sky," he said with a nod. "But we obviously have to leave on foot... so it will take a week." He was furious at himself for getting muddled up, but there was no help for it. The wizard was getting on in years.

The rest of his questions were trickier though. It would be safe to tell him about the keeper of the amulet, but the amulet itself was difficult. It was extremely powerful and the Elf that it belonged to was dangerous... But she had flaws and it wouldn't be impossible to bring her down. However, he got an idea that directly taking the amulet from her would be anything but a smart idea. The boy would somehow have to convince her to give it to him; he would have to earn her trust. In the end, he decided to tell him the basics, but not the entire story.

"The amulet is in the possession of an Elf girl by the name of Lyra," he said, feet flashing as he kept pace. "I need it to help defeat the one that we're escaping from right now." His voice was flat as he rattled off the answers. "I've tried to get it from her and actually came quite close... Ack, but she is young and evasive." He pounded his staff angrily.
Back to top Go down
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:07 pm

I nod at his mistake "don't worry, everybody gets mixed up a little" I say not caring that he's possibly three or four times my own age. "A week can pass by like an hour or feel more like a month" I state. Most of the time they feel like a month to me but I'm not the best with time

I listen to the rest of his answers carefully "so the shadow isn't unbeatable?" I ask shocked. All those who have opposed him are probably dead, nobody has ever heard from them since. "You need to remember that I am also young and can work my way into peoples lives" I tell him "deception is not a problem for me". Finish "I have no more questions"
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:22 am

"No, he isn't." Merthissa said, referring to The Shadow. "At least, not to my knowledge. He is Elvin, but while Elves have extended lifespans, they are not immortal so that is not the only reason he still lives. For the life of me, I can't figure out what though. Eventually, I've got the idea that I'll find out as soon as it's too late for me to do anything with the knowledge." The old wizard slipped a hand into the pocket where Adriele lay, felt her heart beating and took reassurance in it. She, at least, was getting some well-deserved rest.

Yes, the boy would have to use deception to get the amulet; open violence was no longer going to work. She was young as well, and the young were almost too easy to lure into traps. With the boy to aid him, he was confident that there was a chance now... He hadn't yet tried deceiving her. Now that he thought about it though, he probably should have tried to do so ages ago. Having just thought of it, he felt rather stupid. Ah well, he couldn't play the genius all the time.

"Just be careful," the wizard warned him. "If she can't be persuaded to give it to you... then bring her back to Sylvia. I'm sure a clever lad like you can come up with a passable excuse to go tramping around the realms."

For days, the pair marched on. They slept well away from the road in daylight, one of them always keeping watch, and continued their journey in the cover of night. Adriele revived on the second day, much to Merthissa's relief and became the dutiful scout once more. It might have been safer to leave the road and take their chances, but strange and dangerous creatures lurked just out of sight, hungry for blood and slaughter. While Merthissa saw only a few more dark creatures, he also sensed that the road was fused with enchantment; magic always left a trace. On the road, they were protected. Off it? That was a different story all together. The only reason that they were relatively safe during the daylight hours where they slept was because most of the fearsome beasts that called Caligo home preferred night to day. While they walked, he could feel their eyes on them; waiting. The two only met real trouble once more in the form of a werewolf on the night of the full moon, but Adriele saw him soon enough to give an alarm call and the wizard finished him off with ease. There were other minor incidents, but with the little owl scouting, the wizard was able to help them avoid the danger all together. Finally, after about a week, the two stood at the border between Caligo and Sylvia.

The transformation was quite drastic. Less than a mile away, a wood rose up, branches stretching into the sky. The sun was just rising in the east, casting golden rays through the tree tops. A light breeze ruffled the plant life that grew around the stream, which tumbled from the forest as a rushing river, but suddenly lost power and momentum as it came closer to the shadowy realm that they had just left. It was as if life itself had given up on Caligo. Bird song reached their ears and the sounds of small animals going about their business stood in sharp contrast to the eerie silence of the realm that they were about to leave.

"You do the honors," Merthissa said with a mock bow, indicating the border. "It's you first time leaving Caligo. Tell me how it feels to be a free man."
Back to top Go down
GavinP
GavinP

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:00 am

"Good" I reply. I look back at indigo who seems to be taking this adventure better than I was. True, I had only walked in Caligo keeping hidden from view away from the soldiers and other people who side with the shadow.

It was clear to me what I would have to do to get the amulet off the girl, befriend her then deceive her and run off. The bigger question was, will I give him the amulet? All he has done through the journey is scold me like he was my mother. It was safe to say that decision would be made sooner or later.

"I could lie to her about my roots in the realms. Well as you can see I dont exactly look like somebody from Caligo, perhaps another if I said so she could trust me." He had learned about what people thought of Caligo and how they wouldn't be trusted if they ever go out.

Once Merthissa and I finally reached the end of the realm I was speechless with the sudden change between the realms. "How is it possible? The realms are right next to each other but so different" He asked. Then he crossed the border and felt somewhat better than he did before "It feels different, like now I have hope of a future, a happy future" He replied.

OOC: Just skipped the journey bit since I have no idea what to write Razz
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Merthissa shrugged, crossing the border after him. As he did so, it felt like something had expanded in his chest; he felt fuller, more content, calmer... but only slightly. The change was marginal, but it was as if all the cobwebs from Caligo had slipped away as soon as he stepped across the border. It was good to be back somewhere relatively safe.

"The difference is so vast because Caligo has certain borders that keeps the dark creatures in... and most things that are good out. Basically, that means that a lot of the plants and such that live in Sylvia can't grow in Caligo because the soil is so poor and The Shadow doesn't want anything in the realm that might give the people he rules some speck of hope. The stream sputters out because an abundance of water would increase y'all's health... making you stronger. It's better for him if you are all but totally dependent on him."

Shrugging as if this were nothing, he spat at his feet. "Goddess, you have no idea what life really is like until you leave." He smiled coldly at Gavin, the boy. "Have fun learning about the real world."

With a vindictive smile, the old wizard gave the boy his final instructions. "I don't know where the girl is. She's an Elf from Lapidem, though her father was a wizard so she's far more powerful than average. Added to that, she's a Fire Legacy to your Water. Water can quench Fire, remember that. I'd say that Lapidem would be a good place to start, but you have to pass through Paludem and Scopulous to get there. Since you are a child of Water, Scolpulous might be a bit of a challenge, but Paludem will feel like the home you've never known; it is there that you will be powerful and she at a disadvantage." The effort of speaking so long had drained the wizard and he leaned on his staff for a few minutes, recovering his breath. "Bring me the amulet," he said in a voice that shook with hidden power, "and you will be richly rewarded, I can guarantee you that."

Merthissa said nothing more, but turned from the boy for the last time and walked away. His business here was finished.

ooc: Lawl, no worries!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Down The Road   Walking Down The Road - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking Down The Road
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Caligo :: The Road-
Jump to: