Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A cottage on a hill

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Battery

Battery

A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Lyssa sat there on the stool, still crying. She was terrified that Wes would do something horrible to her. He would hurt her in some way. He was still angry at her, or so she thought. She slowly makes the tears run to a stop, then takes in a couple deep breaths. She was safe for now, until she made another dumb mistake. But when he was holding her a few minutes ago, was he showing . . . emotion? Did he maybe actually like her? He deserved a reward if so; he would be the first person to actually like her.

The Spirit Legacy gets up off of the stool and relocates to a bench at the table. She sits down on it, trying her best to sit up straight. Hunching over was a sign of cowardice, Lyssa didn't want to show cowardice, even if she did just a few moments ago. She looks at him and mutters something quietly. "Thanks for making me something to eat."
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:23 am

Wesley smiled gently, "You helped too."
He filled her bowl and then filled his consecutively. Wes was tired from the days work and he would be stiff in the morning from lifting all of the stones for the wall. Then he stood and filled their glasses with water from the well. The water was cool and fresh, like water from a spring, cool, light, and clean. Wesley wondered what he could do to help her trust him and not be so leery of him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Permission to add Dungeon Master posts to the thread?
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:25 am

Sure
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 pm

ooc; does it really matter if the site is being terminated?
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:00 pm

((I think they may have postponed... but until its deleted I dont care))
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Lyssa gingerly takes a spoonful of soup. She didn't want to show Wes how hungry she was. It would make her apppear gluttonous. That was one thing the girl was not. She puts the spoonful in her mouth and savors the taste. It was delicious.

'I know I might've helped, but not much. It is very good though,' the girl states quietly, being wary of what she chooses to say. She didn't want to get Wes angry at her or anything else of the the sorts.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:06 pm

The Nephilim stood and heated a kettle of water and then he sat down to finish his meal. Wesley ran a hand through his blonde brown hair and ate his soup quietly. When he was done he walked over to the kettle of hot water and washed his utensils.
"Well it was your touch that made it all the better," He said, taking her bowl and utensils when she was finished. He washed it in the same manner and then he put the items of the shelf. He sat down on the floor and stretched out his legs.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 6:33 pm

'I doubt it. I can't cook for the life of me! I would probably burn the cottage down!' Lyssa says, half joking half serious. The girl stands up and walks over to Wes. She plops herself to the left of him.

'So is this your own place? Because if it is, that is pretty sweet. I would like to own my own house one day, but that will probably never happen. I can never seem to be focused enough to get a job for myself, even if doing that is frowned upon. I guess when you have no parents you have a much tougher life. What about you? Do you have parents, or was it just 'Blam!' and you were alive?' Lyssa rambles, fumbling with her hands out of nervousness. Sometimes the girl just could not keep her mouth shut for the life of her.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Wesley grinned at the notion, "Yeah this is my place. My parents left it for me when they vanished. Being not human makes it kind of difficult to find one's parents as people aren't generally warm and welcoming to... my kind."
This is generally when things got complicated on explaining the whole thing of being over a hundred years old. But Wes wasn't touchy about his age. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed deeply, stretching out on the wood floor.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 am

"Why do they people dislike you?" Lyssa asks the boy, absentmindedly playing with her fingers. The body heat radiating from Wes was comforting to the girl. She looks up to his face with her dark eyes showing a blink of curiosity. Lyssa never really knew what it was like to be comforted. She only knew what it was like to be cold and unloved. Would all of that change now? Would things be different? Maybe the girl could change her life around; give it a turn for the greater. The legacy lets out a small sigh as she slowly nods her head until she finds it resting on Wes' shoulder. She actually felt as if she was cared for now. It felt great.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Wesley's arm slipped around her waist as she leaned her head on his shoulder, the warmth from her seeped into him between the thin fabric from his clothing.
"Why do they people dislike you?" Then she looked up at him with her dark eyes. Wesley sighed, a deep age filled sigh.
"The thing about my kind is we don't age properly and people view that as a lie. The healing powers drive people mad with jealousy... and there are the other things as well." Wesley waited a few seconds for a reaction before continuing, "Then the people who do figure out what we are, they try and kill us. Those people view us as an abomination."
Nephilium... people hated them for being angels fallen from grace, abandoning the goddess for greed. But that hadn't been Wesley, that had been his parents. His mother and Father.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Lyssa was not one of those people who hated what Wes was. She felt respect for every creature, let it be fallen or pure as snow. Everyone deserved a chance to be loved in life. Lyssa certainly felt hers at the moment. Even when they were at the ice caves near the beach with Katherine and Shard, Lyssa had watched Wes from afar. In her mind, something clicked for the two. The big ibrave guy with the timid and frail girl. It was almost something you would find in a book full of old tales. Smiling to herself, Lyssa moves in closer to Wes, her arm now wrapped around his shoulder. All she wanted was to feel loved. Now that she did, she was somewhat pushing the boundaries. Lyssa didn't exactly know how to respond to anything that was going on. She wasn't going to do anything to him, she just wanted to feel his warm embrace.

'Well I don't hate you.'

The words slip out of Lyssa's mouth as she lets out a yawn. It was getting a bit late and the legacy was tired from walking for most of the day. Feeling Wes' aura of comfort around her contributed to her weariness as well. She felt much more relaxed than normal. A small grin plastered on her face, Lyssa closes her eyes as she lays her head on Wes' shoulder, using it as a pillow.

ooc; d'awwww
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Wesley smiled slightly, "I'm glad of that."
He closed his eyes feeling her emotions of longing and need ripple over him. Wesley adjusted his position so he would be a better pillow. He leaned up against the wall and played with the ends of her hair. It was an odd feeling. To be needed. There were few people in this world who needed him to shield them from the harsh world. Katherine thrived off such a thing and Hanna was, well... Hanna.
He pressed his lips to the top of her head, before gently scooping her up and carried her to the spare bedroom, her head still in the crook of his neck. He placed her on the cot and pulled the blankets up over her. Then he continued to his room and he sat down on his own cot and looked at the goat bouncing around and the cow chewing her cud. He fell asleep eventually.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Lyssa slept somewhat peacefully that night. The ominous clouds that were on the horizon earlier in the day where now over the cottage and the surrounding area; dumping rain and throwing out lightning bolts and thunder claps. Lyssa had always been terrified of thunderstorms ever since she was a young child. She knew it was an odd thing for a girl of her age to be scared of, but she could not shake the fear. The legacy had awoken three times at different intervals during the night, only crying out once from a bad dream. That was a thing that sucked about being a spirit legacy. Sure, she had some cool powers, but she was more sensative than the average person and had terrible dreams every time she slept. It was the catch to having such strength in her powers. Then again, she never asked for them: neither her powers nor the consequences.

Waking up the last time with a cut off yelp, Lyssa curls up into a ball on the cot that Wes must've placed her on. Wrapping herself up in the blanket, she tries to sleep, but is unsuccessful. Goddess, why did things like this have to happen to her?
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Wesley woke at the crack of dawn, the weather was promising to be warm that day. Maybe he could get some more work done outside, before breakfast. He pulled on a clean change of clothes and his boots. Walking into the main room, he peered into Lyssa's room to check on her. Her back was to him so he guessed she was still asleep. Picking up the milking bucket he went out to the milking pasture and called the cow. The cow wandered over and Wesley hopped the fence to tie her and he crouched down to begin milking the creature. The goat came over and began to nibble at the edge of his pants. Wesley patted the goat before going back to his milking. He was gone for only about 25 minutes when he returned, stomping off his boots and taking them off before he came in. He placed the bucket on the table before going back out and hunting down some chickens. He managed to steal about 6 eggs before coming inside and cooking them on a hot stone. He knocked on the door lightly his soft voice asking, "You hungry?"
He closed his eyes listening for her emotions through the door.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:41 am

Lyssa finally wakes up to live the rest of the day when she hears a light knocking on the door. She rolls over to face the door and hears Wesley's voice coming through the wooden boards, asking her if she wanted something to eat. The girl lets out a groan in reply and slowly rolls off of the cot and onto the wooden floor. The legacy then proceeds to let out a yawn and rises up to her feet. Once standing stably on her own two feet, she starts rummaging through her bag that Wesley must have put in her room after she was . . . put in there? Lyssa didn't remember ever going to sleep on a bed. Wesley must've put her on it. The girl quickly changes and walks over to the closed door. She opened up the door slowly, peeking through the crack of the door to look for any signs of . . . wait, she was with Wesley. He wouldn't let anyone after her come inside right? Sighing, Lyssa opens up the door all the way and sees that it was only Wesley in the house. She walks out into the main room and sits down on a stool.

"Yes, I'm quite hungry actually."

The words were slightly mumbled and slurred together as the girl's brain wasn't fully functioning yet. She watches as Wesley cook as she sits there, her chin in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:27 pm

The day's dawn had only begun an hour or so ago, and the sun's rays are just beginning to warm the earth. The sounds of early morning birdsong can be heard from outside the building and they sky's bright blue hues suggest a beautiful day ahead.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Wesley smiled at Lyssa before turning back to the eggs on the hot stone; they were cooked so he filled a bowl with them and placed them in front of the girl along with a wooden spoon. Then he filled his own bowl with the rest of the eggs. He sat down across from her at the rough handmade table and looked at her properly; Lyssa’s hair was sticking up slightly and her eyes seemed to be struggling to stay open. Wesley himself had been up for about an hour now so he could take care of the animals. Speaking of animals, the puppy scampered under the table, making a B-line for Lyssa’s ankles, licking them frantically.
The weather looked promising that morning, filled with sun and blue skies; along with the sound of chirping birds.
“Here you go Lyssa.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A cottage on a hill
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Sylvia :: The Winding River-
Jump to: