Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wandering Around

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

Wandering Around - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Erin looked up…frightened. Her voice was worried…and that meant she cared…goddess NO…please…no more…I can’t…no…no…no…

“I’m…I’m Fine…” He spoke without meeting her eyes… and Shadow padded over to him with a look of concern and whined Quiet boy! She will know…she can’t know…so just come here and sit quietly…please… Shadow sat and rested his head in Erin’s lap and the warrior stroked the wolf gently…
The fire in the cave seemed to respond to his emotions and seemed to flicker with his uncertainty and worry…

Stupid flames! Stop that! With anger came resolve. The flames steadied and pulsed. Erin sat silently petting the wolf and thought hard…
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:14 pm

She knew that she was likely to botch it and she got the feeling that she wouldn't be able to persuade him to tell her anything that he didn't want to. Something was bothering him and she wanted to help, but didn't know how. The fact that he was avoiding looking at her told her that it was more than likely something to do with her. She rubbed her eyes as she looked away from him for a moment and focused on the fire instead.

"You know, the phrase 'I'm fine' is the world's biggest lie," Lyra said, looking back up at him with concern. "You sure you're okay?"

And please don't lie to me, Wolf, she thought to herself. Lying is for the weak... and you don't strike me as one of their number.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Erin sighed…and looked at her.

“Don’t worry about it. I just need to practice…” He rose and drew his sword and it glittered in the firelight… He closed his eyes and held the blade before him. He summoned five warriors from the flames to fight him… Then, oh, then they danced…

It was like watching water flow…from stance to stance, move to move; Erin swirled in the frenzy of steel and flame that was his life…his purpose…his destiny… every time he struck one of the fiery warriors, it split into two. Slashing, leaping, twirling, and parrying blow after blow Erin fought furiously and with unwavering focus…and from five… to ten… and then twenty foes…at twenty Shadow joined his master and sparks caught in the dire wolf’s fur making him seem as though he were the devils’ dog…together the two fought until there were dozens upon dozens of foes…

Ringed by fiery enemies, Shadow and Erin were back to back, breathing heavily…Erin saw that, at that point, swords teeth wouldn’t be enough…He laughed maniacally and raised Deathblade. The flames that swirled around it began to grow hotter…brighter…more fierce…He spun the sword faster and faster, the flames becoming an impenetrable shield in front of him and then, he began to walk forward.

The whirlwind shield of flames obliterated any foe that happened to be within ten feet of the warrior as Shadow protected Erin’s back. And then…

They all vanished and Erin stood, his breath coming fast and hard, and he leaned on his sword. Shadow lay down.

Erin slid the weapon back into its place and sat heavily…

“NOW I feel better…” he said with a smile and then promptly fell asleep with his wolf by his side.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Need to practice? What did he... did he...? Oh... And as he and his dire wolf 'practiced' she did what she could not to shrink back into the shadows. He was a wizard, he had to be with skills like that. There was no one that came to her mind that could defeat prowess like that in a duel... except... Well, it wasn't like he would be dueling with The Shadow any time soon. Then again, she had no idea as to what his intentions might be. The small fact that her concern for him had sparked such a reaction in him worried her, scared her. If that was what he had intended, to scare her off, he was doing a very good job of it. Unfortunately for the pair of them, her attraction was stronger than her fear.

She shivered as the fiery shapes disappeared, watched with a wary eye as he fell asleep. As his ever-so-distracting chestnut eyes closed, she rose to her feet. Shadow was asleep by his master's side and she felt temporarily safe. Stepping lightly, she moved closer to the entrance, away from their menacing shapes. Curling up with her back to them and face towards the swirling flakes, she closed her eyes. For a moment, blue light enveloped her before she placed a hand on her amulet.

Sleep was always a dangerous time for her. Slave to nightmares about all the times before when she was running, when she'd hurt innocents... reliving nightmares that weren't just dreams, but her own past. The cursed amulet. Powerful things that could absorb and harness energy, they were dearly prized by those learned in the magical arts and she was such that stealing the amulet that she wore would be more than worth the effort. With a shiver, she tried to clear her mind and slipped into an uneasy sleep.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Erin stirred when he heard the other wolves returning to the cave. He rose, careful not to wake Shadow or Lyra. He looked at the Elf Maid. She had moved to the far end of the cave and had her back turned to the warrior.

Shadow and I could just leave. She’d not have to deal with us anymore…we could just walk away and not have to worry…
He shook his head and rejected the notion quickly. He looked from one wolf to the next and realized that there were three females in the pack as well. “Sorry little sisters, I forgot about you…I hope you are all well.” The she-wolves glanced at Lyra’s sleeping form. “Yeah, I guess she’s a bit of a she-wolf too…she’s with us…She’s nice…too nice….and I do not want any more innocent people killed around me…and especially not her…she’s different…and I don’t know…” Erin shook his head, exasperated and confused.

“Ah well, the Goddess has her plans for us all. I just hope Lyra isn’t harmed in any of them.”

He looked are her and smiled and then masked his emotions immeadieately. What if she’d seen that smile you fool! Stop grinning…
He looked away and returned to his corner with Shadow and sat. He removed his weapons, armor, and cloak. H had little more than a rough tunic left on and began to scrub his gear clean with some rags. His muscles rippled and flexed as he polished his sword, and daggers and armor. In the firelight the howling wolf emblazoned on his ring caught the glow of the flames and seemed to come a alive and it’s ruby red eyes seem to shine.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Lyra woke when she heard Erin get to his feet. Nothing in her motions betrayed it though. Her breathing changed not at all and she appeared to all, peacefully asleep. Well, it seemed like she would stay alive a while longer. Different, was she? Ha, as if. Maybe this was some sort of twisted dream and Erin actually cared. Yeah, right. It'd be a dream too good to be true, though it would explain his odd behavior. For odd it was indeed... She could always leave if she started having negative impacts on him, and she'd probably have to in the end, and sooner rather than later.

She rolled over when she heard him take off his armor and start cleaning it, eyes flying open as if she'd just woken up. Whoa. Definitely a dream because it took everything in her power not to stare. He was seriously good-looking and he probably didn't even know it too. Oh Goddess.

"The wolves came back?" she asked him huskily, She kept her eyes on Shadow, a much safer target to watch than Erin. She knew that even if Erin was starting to feel the same, a relationship between them was more than likely impossible. By the way he acted, he thought he had more enemies than he actually did and from his character, he'd probably want to try to protect her from all. What could she do to show him that it was okay, that she could look after herself, that she'd coped just fine before him? She wasn't weak.

Her eyes slipped from Shadow to his rhythmic motions as if hypnotized by them. And this time, she couldn't pull herself away.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Does she think I am that much of a monster? She keeps staring at me…Erin shook his head and cast a sideways glance in her direction. She was still staring. Erin gently placed his clean armor to one side. A cold breeze blew through the cavern and, as Erin had just a rough tunic on, he shivered and then growled and let the fire of his soul warm him. He sat with his back against the cave wall and rested his head in his hands. His cloak and other garments were drying by the entrance of the cave. Erin, while Lyra had been sleeping, had melted some snow to wash his clothing with and until they dried, he’d have to tough it out, for he really didn’t care much for the cold. He was more at home in the volcanic mountains of Scopulous than the frozen slopes of Lapidem. He immersed himself in caring for his weapons.

Let the silly elf girl stare...i dont care...i'm a monster...i have lived with that fact for years...

He tried to forget her intense gaze. He focused himself on cleaning Deathblade.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Lyra sat up, rubbing her tired eyes and focusing on the fire. It's light; it's warmth; the spell of dancing flames. She was doing what she could not to think. Thinking, as she had learned soon enough, generally ended up worse for wear with her. Nothing got accomplished. Useless thoughts and speculations just chasing themselves in circles. Sometimes she would come to a conclusion, but usually... it came to nothing. She knew what the problem was, her endless mission, and the likely ending result.

She carried the most powerful amulet in the realms; an amulet that had been handed down through the generations and contained more power than it was safe to contemplate. It had power enough to catch the attentions of some of the most dangerous wizards in the realms... and have them make the decision to make it theirs. Powerful enough that even The Shadow might have heard of it. Her heart almost stopped cold each time that thought crossed her mind, but there was still hope. She never used the amulet, only stored away more energy, only hid her aura. The only reason that it hadn't been destroyed was because of The Shadow. With a little luck, it would aid in the war against The Shadow which must come sooner or later. And when that time was to come, the resistance against the malice would at least stand a chance.

"Oh Goddess," she murmured, hand closing in the magical object. It throbbed with energy and she closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them again. Well, with a little more luck Erin wouldn't have noticed that... He was polishing his sword, which probably would consume his attentions. That was good... good... She didn't need questions that it would take too long to answer. What he didn't know kept him safe.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Deathblade began to glow bright...not with flame, but a white light. It reacted to magic. It was designed to channel Erin's energy, detect other magic, and negate magic. It was like a huge amulet, of sorts. Erin risked a look at Lyra. She was hiding something away. He filed the information away for later use and dimmed the light of the sword. He sheathed the weapon and rose slowly.

Erin decided his clothes were dry now. He walked from the back of the cave, passed the fire, as he did the flames climbed higher, and passed Shadow, and then passed Lyra. He realized his cloak and shirt were a few feet outside the cave's warmth...he grumbled and stepped out into the cold of winter to get his clothes. He shivered and grabbed his garments. He stumbled back into the cave, cold and numb. He fumbled and accidentally tore his tunic on the way in...

"By the Goddess..." he growled. His body was covered in scars...some big, some small, each representing his years of hard won life...each a memory of the price he pays every year for his power...
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Lyra stiffened suddenly. Whoa, he'd really ripped his tunic. Thank the Goddess that he'd only torn it from left shoulder to the small of his back. She'd've averted her eyes instantly so as to keep the awkwardness in the cave to a bare minimum, but something caught her eye... and it was something that she recognized too. A brand. A sinking ship; the mark of a wizard and one whom she knew better than she'd like to admit. Merthissa.

She got to her feet and stepped around the fire, pushing aside a piece of the ripped tunic and pushed it back, forgetting her earlier nerves and suddenly forgetting to pay head to consequence. Unknown to her, her touch was warming the mark. Slowly, and then spreading outwards, driving away the cold. Unfortunately, she was unaware of this. Lyra's mind was focused upon the brand. For yes, so it was. A burning ship, sinking beneath the waves, branded into his skin. There was no mistaking the mark of a wizard. Merthissa... So he'd had a run-in to the wizard as well. It looked like he'd come off a lot worse than she had when she'd come face-to-face with him.

She pulled her hand away and looked up at him. For the first time, she took in the other scars, souvenirs of past battles and a life of hardship. Mingled pity, fear, sadness, and something else battled in her eyes, making her expression impossible to read. "What happened?" she asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 pm

“You have the gall to hide an ancient artifact of tremendous power from me…yeah, that amulet you have…I know of it…you could have the entire realm burned down by Shadow if he knew that cursed thing was here…AND THEN, you burn me?!” He lifted the girl with one without any apparent effort. She no longer had her feet on the ground. They were eye to eye. “Don’t…touch…me…AGAIN!” He tossed her aside like a bag of grain and her head cracked into the cave wall, hard. He hissed angrily and began to writhe as the burning brand took hold of his body. He spasmed and fell to his knees clawing his back. He screamed and reached out.

Shadow leapt up and dragged Erin’s sword out and pushed it into the warrior’s hand.

Erin grasped Deathblade and the weapon began to burn as it worked to negate the power of the rune/brand…Erin nearly blacked out and when he came around he noticed Lyra was unconscious.

He cursed himself. He hurried to her side and checked for a pulse.

“Thank the goddess she’s not dead!” He melted some snow into cold water and filled a small bowl with it. He ripped some spare cloth into a rag and dipped the rag in it. He dabbed her brow and face with the cold water gently. He checked her over for any other injuries. He didn’t see any…

“Lyra? Are you…okay? I…I am sorry…the brand…it’s cursed…it…” He abandoned his words and decided to tend to her instead.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Her head had struck a sharp rock when he'd thrown her and she blacked out at once and the last thing she needed right then was to lose consciousness. There was no time to prepare herself, no time to try to make her mind blank. With the confusing muddle that was her mind however, clearing it would hardly have been likely. Even before she had crumpled to the ground, the nightmare had her and she was helpless to stop it.

Dark. That was all she could see... or at least at first. She became aware that she was standing on something solid, but the darkness did not lift. The stench of sulfur and burning rock greeted her nostrils; of emptiness, the complete absence of natural life. With a sinking heart, she realized that she was in Scopious. She took a step forward and felt hard rock under her feet, felt that it was so hot that it burned. As she moved, voices greeted her ears. Voices that brought with them a sense of doom. Loud and harsh against the darkness, they ground against her ears and torches flickered to life. A horse whinnied and men shouted.
Then there was a sharp, urgent yell from one of the men and the horses were kicked into a gallop. Without being told, she knew that they were coming for her.

What was there to do but run? And run she did. Turning to face the night she became aware of nothing except the terror that sharpened her senses, her feet skimming lightly over the burning ground, and the shouts of her trackers. So close. They were gaining, as she knew they would. There drifted to her ears the sound of an arrow being strung and the whistling of the wind as it was fired. It missed her by a hairsbreadth and she stumbled. And then they had her.

Even before she got back to her feet not a second later, she knew that it was too late; that she couldn't run away from this. She'd have to fight, to kill, to hurt these men. So what if they had come after her with only one goal in mind? They didn't deserve to die. Maybe it would have been better for her to believe that their deaths that suddenly were about to become reality were deserved, but that wasn't how she thought. If she'd only been faster...

An order was barked by the leader and she heard metal scrape against metal, and iron-tipped arrows strung. Iron. So close. Too close. It became a physical pain to be so close to the deadly metal and she took a step away. No. Oh Goddess, please no. They were leaving her with no choice; she was unarmed.

Perhaps he told them to fire; she didn't hear. An unearthly cry burst from her lips and she flung her arms out wide. In answer to her, three salamanders burst asunder from the rocky ground. Green eyes of fire, claws that were sharper than fear, and translucent golden bodies; they had been called for a single purpose. The carnage was short and the suffering kept to a minimum. And when the men were dead they faded away as quietly as if she had imagined them. Only the wet blood on the ground and the sudden absence of all sound told her that it had been real. It wasn't a dream. She stumbled back. She had to leave. Had to be far away from here by the time the sun rose. It wouldn't take long for them to realize that the scouting party had been destroyed and they'd come with vengeance in their hearts.

A sob burst from her lips and she covered her face hopelessly. "I'm so sorry," she whispered brokenly, dropping to her knees. "Goddess forgive me, I never wanted them to die!"

And it had been the only way... Because she couldn't let them have it. If the amulet was lost, then so was everything else. She'd let everyone down, doom the realms. There hadn't been any other way... or had there? She felt suffocated, trapped in a nightmare of her own devising, and the darkness swallowed her up once more.

She blinked. Opened her eyes. Erin was trying to tend to her. Goddess, it wasn't his fault. It had been hers if anyone's. She sat up suddenly and wished she hadn't as her head gave a nasty throb. She had to leave. She couldn't stay here. He'd get hurt too. It'd be her fault if he died, if he was captured and tortured for her sake. She had to put as much distance between them as possible. If he got hurt, if he died... No. She couldn't think of that. He would survive. She would see to that.

"I'm sorry," she murmured, trying to get to her feet, though the effort sickened her. "I can't stay here." Though the blizzard still raged, she couldn't waste any more time with him here. She'd already caused him to be angry at her, so why stay and cause him any more trouble. That was all she was, really. Trouble.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Erin noticed her eyeing the wintry landscape outside the cave...almost as if she...

Erin held her down. "HEY! Whoa! Calm...come on...it's okay...it's okay..." He called Shadow to fetch his medicine pouch. "Lyra..." he spoke softly, he knew what kind of dream she had...he had many of them..many and often..."It's okay...they wont get you...it's okay...they are gone...Please...just calm down! Please?" He looked at her fearful eyes with his calm and worried ones.

"Hey? It's alright...it's gonna be okay...."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 pm

And that was exactly what couldn't happen... but she couldn't fight him... She didn't want to fight him, not Erin. But it was that or have his blood on her hands with all the others. She was too weak still to even put up a good fight and her head still made everything seem to blur together. The only thing that she could see in crystal clarity was his face. Strong, proud, and handsome; it would have done her more good if his face had been fuzzy and everything else sharp because it took only one look into his dark eyes for the fight to go out of her.

"Please," she begged softly. "Let me go. I'll get you killed to."
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 pm

"I am dead already Lyra....my life belongs to the Goddess...i am less alive and more dead than most other beings...I have no soul...it was burned out of me when i gained my power...What else can the enemy take from me?"

Erin's face hardened. "You want to go? Fine...leave...once you are fully recovered and not about to pass out." He knew that not even a powerful elf would be able to overpower him, at least, not in a contest of physical strength...and she seemed rather weak at the moment and out of sorts. He let go.

"There...fine...go...i wont stop you..."He rose and stepped back letting her see that he was no longer going to fight her nor was he blocking the way out.

"Exit's that way. You're free to leave. I don't make people's choice for them..." He looked at her. "I'm going to check something out. "I'll be back in a a bit."

Shadow stayed to guard Lyra as Erin disappeared into the forest.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 pm

"Erin!" Lyra yelled. Oh Goddess, this was all her fault. That wasn't a type of storm that anyone with a grain of sense would want to be caught in. She shot to her feet, ignoring her head. Confound her head! That was her fault too, wasn't it after all? If she'd just kept her head down like she ought to have and if she had simply walked away while she'd had the chance. But... he was out there in the storm. Without Shadow and only a tunic and cloak. She was hardly any better than he, but he wouldn't last long like that, not in this blizzard. She cast Shadow an apologetic look before running out of the cave and after him.

The wind and snow hit her like a board, but that wasn't a problem; not for her. Before taking any further steps however, she tucked the amulet down the front of her shirt, out of sight. As soon as that was done, she allowed herself to let go, just a little. Aura invisible to the eye kept the snow off her and marginally tamed the harsh wind that beat against her. She drew her hood over her head and moved swiftly onward.

"Erin?" Her voice was tentative, worried, with only a touch of fear coloring it. She was terrified not for herself, but for him. Anything could happen out here. "Erin?" she called again. She felt that she had hurt him, didn't know how to fix it but was willing to try.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:48 pm

OOC: A while later...

Erin whistled to Shadow to let the dire wolf know that he was coming back and that he had guests with him...The wolf howled back in agreement. Erin set about tidying up the cave and whipped up some herbal tea, from some tea leaves he kept with him. The lovely smell of fresh, hot, tea wafted from the cave. Erin waited for the others to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Lyra followed, several paces behind, avoiding making eye contact with the warrior. She let her aura flicker out, the amulet absorbing the excess energy. She tossed him his gloves without looking at him, and they landed square in his lap. Swoosh. She looked down at her hands and released a slow breath. A blue-white flame flickered to life and grew into a ball of living fire. She smiled sadly, passing a finger through the flames. Fire... The only constant in her life were the flames that marked her for what she was. They were her only friend in the world and it was with great reluctance that she brought her hands together to quell the flames. When they were snuffed out, the cave seemed somehow empty, hostile almost. She didn't know what to do. For the first time in her life, she felt helpless. She liked Erin a lot but it seemed to her that all she was doing was just making things worse... causing problems... making him tick. She'd leave before too long, before she could bring him grief and injury. Life was too short to hurt him any more than he had been already. He didn't need to suffer because of her burden.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Erin watched her walk in, though he tried not to. She was graceful, even for an elf, and her hair, though tormented by snow and ice, was still brown and full.

He rose and offered her some tea as the dragon and vampire shook the snow off themselves and entered the cave.

"Did the gloves help?" He asked softly. He busied himself making more tea in order to avoid meeting her eyes.

Kazaryl lumbered in.

Well, tea..hope you made extra! he laughed heartily, smoke spiraling up from his snout. The dragon nudged Dante into the cave.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:44 pm

Lyra passed her tea to the vampire, she didn't know his name. She wasn't one to lie, but she didn't want to hurt his feelings. "Yes," she said. Her voice was quiet, but audible. "Thank you." Nothing she seemed to say ever came off right, just started a problem despite her efforts. Instead of trying to make conversation, she traced imaginary shapes on the hard rock floor of the cave; it's cold reality in sharp contrast to her fire. Inwardly, she sighed. This was so dumb, but she wasn't confident enough to speak and anyway... the only people she ever met were usually trying to kill her.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Dante stomped the snow off his leather boots. The frost melted leaving his hair leaving it a dark damp brown almost black that clung in damp tenderals to his white face and neck. His green eyes roved around the cave passing over Erin, the elf, Kazaryl, the fire, stopping one the wolf.
"He better not eat the mare," He stated un packing the dwarf horse. She nibbled at his sleave while he rubbed her down. After he sat down, the elf offered him tea. "No thanks, I can't drink it."
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Oh yeah, vampire. Lyra nodded. "Sorry, I'm a bit out of it at the moment," she apologized. That was just the way to describe it too. Her mind was so muddled up from Erin that she was unconsciously tuning out everything else too. Darn it, she couldn't afford to make that mistake. Erin was a world away, it was time to stop this insanity. She had a mission and one that did't involve killing innocents, even if indirectly.

"Name's Clear-Waters," Lyra introduced herself to the vampire, using her warrior name. She hardly used it, since she'd never really lived with the Elves and the name seemed like something that only her people would use. As a hunted Legacy, she was neither here nor there, stranded between the words. "You can call me 'Lyra' though, most everyone does." Anyway, she was more comfortable with her birth-name. It was more unassuming than her warrior name, as it identified her, was unique to her alone.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:50 pm

"Lyra, can I speak to you for a moment?" Erin calls her away from the group. His face looked stern enough though. Hand on hip, he didn't look too thrilled.

Kazaryl winks mischeviously at Dante.

What do you think those two are up to little one? The dragon chuckles and nudges the vampire playfully.

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Lyra stiffened. "Of course," she said, getting to her feet in one, swift motion. She shook her hair out of her eyes nervously. What'd she done this time? Swallowing, she walked over to him, out of earshot of the others. He wore a stern expression and she felt her heart sink. Was he going to send her away? Then again, if that was what he was going to do, she would go. It was better, anyway, for her to be away sooner rather than later. The problem was, though, that she didn't want to leave. She wanted to stay with him for inexplicable reasons, but that wasn't possible. Not with her record. Not with the fact that she drew hostiles to her like flowers drew bees. It was hopeless.

Looking up at him, she felt about two feet shorter than she actually was. He was so big, so intimidating, that she felt very small next to him. His face was handsome, which wasn't helping matters. She dropped her gaze. "Yes?" she asked, her nerves bleeding into her voice and she cursed herself for it.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 pm

His features softened and the stern expression became one of worry. "You alright? You seem...out of sorts almost...as though something's bugging you...it's not the nightmares is it? I get them too...almost every night...so i dont sleep much anymore...i see all those i have killed...all those i failed to save...and it tears me up inside...Is that it? The nightmares that haunt you? Or is it something else? Is it the real monsters that haunt you?" He seemed genuinely worried.

Kazaryl grinned as he saw the warrior walk off with the elf.

That warrior seems rather taken with the elf girl, wouldn't you say so, little one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wandering Around
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Lapidem :: The Forest-
Jump to: